Super Bowl LVII

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

If both teams were fully healthy, I'd give the advantage to the Chiefs.  If Sneed and JuJu can't play, it will be tough. 

Need Willie Gay back, too. He has the speed to run down Hurts if/when he breaks contain. 

We're going to need all hands available for this one. 

52 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

For all of those who think the Eagles will roll the Chiefs. Consider this. The Chiefs had the NFL’s absolute toughest schedule this season. The Eagles had the second Easiest schedule this year. It’s not a guarantee that the Eagles, who rolled through the regular season and playoffs, will outright win the Super Bowl. They have not faced opposition like the Chiefs yet all year. 

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2022-nfl-strength-of-schedule/amp/?fbclid=IwAR3Z2PFrH4TXBFHjwKaxzQd_FBY-XIIblILYwCZPRs_JDvgtOwciXwWqYbU

That article, even though it was written on Dec 2nd, uses the PROJECTED win totals from before the season started. The AFC west tanked.

The Chiefs current SOS is about 16th hardest in the league.

The Eagles are next to last, so they predicted that one correct.

Just now, mex said:

That article, even though it was written on Dec 2nd, uses the PROJECTED win totals from before the season started. The AFC west tanked.

The Chiefs current SOS is about 16th hardest in the league.

The Eagles are next to last, so they predicted that one correct.

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

So what date is that ranking?

"Our Strength of Schedule Remaining rankings show the average difficulty of opponents each team will face for the rest of the season."

The chart below isn't much better... as we still need the date of the ranking:

"Our Strength of Schedule Played shows the current average ranking for each opponent that a given team has faced to date."

Just now, Joe_Chief said:

Before the season the Chiefs had the strongest projected SOS in the league, and the most brutal first 8 game stretch in league history.  I'd say the Chiefs are as battle tested as they ever have been going into the SB.

Before the season the experts projected the AFC West to dominate. They didn't. Pretty sure that affected overall SOS.

3 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

Before the season the Chiefs had the strongest projected SOS in the league, and the most brutal first 8 game stretch in league history.  I'd say the Chiefs are as battle tested as they ever have been going into the SB.

They are most definitely battle tested.  Even Slip Baseless pointed out today that while the Eagles have more depth the Chiefs have been through thick and thin for 5 years now.  I thought I misheard him but he was almost defending the Chiefs from Shannon who usually loves Mahomboy.

The analysts are gonna lean toward the Eagles and that's fine. With the injuries I totally understand why. But the narrative that the Eagles were some juggernaut this year and dominated all season is false. Eagles are a very good team. But they have weaknesses. Defending the short passing game. Red zone defense against the run, etc. It will take a team effort. Everyone stepping up their game and being able to exploit those weaknesses. 

1 minute ago, mex said:

So we won't be seeing you on the boards until after?

no but I wont be commenting on the Chiefs V Eagles who's schedule was what or blah blah blah. I'll wait for the last injury reports and when those first nerves start going.. right now I'm like Meh

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

no but I wont be commenting on the Chiefs V Eagles who's schedule was what or blah blah blah. I'll wait for the last injury reports and when those first nerves start going.. right now I'm like Meh

It's a football discussion board. That's kinda what we do around here.

SOS seems a worthy topic of discussion... mostly as these two weeks there ain't much to discuss. Except maybe injuries... but we picked the wrong HC to get reliable info on that... 

I mean, we could always talk about how racist the NFL is.... pick your poison :lol: 

10 minutes ago, mex said:

It's a football discussion board. That's kinda what we do around here.

SOS seems a worthy topic of discussion... mostly as these two weeks there ain't much to discuss. Except maybe injuries... but we picked the wrong HC to get reliable info on that... 

I mean, we could always talk about how racist the NFL is.... pick your poison :lol: 

I guess I'm just ready for the game and this  2week lull is frustrating.. I guess I better go cut  n split more firewood then go buy some Gummies because we can do that now in MO😁

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I guess I'm just ready for the game and this  2week lull is frustrating.. I guess I better go cut  n split more firewood then go buy some Gummies because we can do that now in MO😁

Haven't tried them yet 'cause heard too many horror stories about gummies and how potent they are...

I remember when 'good weed' was that brown shit they called columbian... cost 40 bucks for an oz that was half seeds and stems...

Kids today have it made with their purple skunk weed and cell phones :lol: 

10 minutes ago, mex said:

Haven't tried them yet 'cause heard too many horror stories about gummies and how potent they are...

I remember when 'good weed' was that brown shit they called columbian... cost 40 bucks for an oz that was half seeds and stems...

Kids today have it made with their purple skunk weed and cell phones :lol: 

Roger that but what I have been told is that they come in different strengths at the store and it is the Bootleg ones that ya need to be warry of. I think I'll ask them for the Romper Room strength Gummies

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Roger that but what I have been told is that they come in different strengths at the store and it is the Bootleg ones that ya need to be warry of. I think I'll ask them for the Romper Room strength Gummies

They are good. I never did them or anything with weed, but holy shit do they work for back pain!

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

A good friend of mine went to Vegas with his buddies a while back when they first legalized.

He said the 4 of them all took one store-bought gummie and went out on the town. They went to dinner thinking the gummies weren't very good... but during dinner they hit... he said after about an hour they were all worthless... buddy had to go back to his room because he couldn't function... one of his pals was a legit MD... he was so paranoid he gave his wallet and keys to my buddy and said "I can't make it to my room... just leave me here in this booth so when they find me they won't know who I am." :lol: :lol: 

Not quite the experience I'd be looking for these days... maybe 40 years ago

17 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

Has Reddick really improved their Dline play that much? Minus him.....last year our oline handled Sweat, Hargrave, Graham, Cox and were opening up huge holes for CEH. 

If we aren’t Andy pass happy 

Why does the definition of "dynasty" matter so much?  If over 15 years Mahomes wins multiple SBs, makes the playoffs nearly every year, makes the AFCCG over half the time and wins it more than five times, then we've lived through an era of Chiefs football that we never dreamed of ten years ago.  Many were just begging for a playoff win.  Seems pretty trivial compared to what we've had over the past five years.  I enjoy watching the Chiefs win.  i enjoy it more when it's for the SB title.  I don't give a hoot about whether they're called a dynasty or not.