Super Bowl LVII

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

pretty much what Jet said, all the pre game "analysis"  got tiresome reeeeal quick. I tried to watch the Madden thing and Herd last yesterday.. Madden and Mark Schlereth both had the Beagles  winning  like 31- 17 or some such.. I was like WTF?

Madden had the 49rs beating the Chiefs by a substantial margin before that SB. For what it's worth.

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

pretty much what Jet said, all the pre game "analysis"  got tiresome reeeeal quick. I tried to watch the Madden thing and Herd yesterday.. Madden and Mark Schlereth both had the Beagles  winning  like 31- 17 or some such.. I was like WTF? MS did say one ting that caught my ear tho. He mentioned how  the Eagles neutralized Bosa in the NFCCG by not blocking him..he explained it and mentioned the Eagles should do the same with CJ.

There a bunch of NFC teams I just plain dont like..Eagles aint one of them. I just hope Patrick comes out cool as a cucumber and does his thing like the 2 time MVP he is..no Mahomes Magic just matriculating the Ball down the field and using up the clock.

Today for this area  shall be glorious  at 58 and a soft SSW breeze I'm thinking about streaming  WHB 810am while I'm smoking ribs and wings and listening to the Homer pregame  and not the National stuff

Same here, brother!

May be an image of food

I remember in the '70s, '80s, and '90s thinking that if the Chiefs ever made the SB, I would relish every minute of the multi-hour pregame show and not miss it for anything.

Now, I can't imagine wasting 5 seconds on that boring crap. Got things done around the house. Took my eldest daughter shopping. Took the dog for a walk. 

I'll turn the TV on at exactly 5:30 central. 

Just a look into Burpo's perspective. For all my fans.

6 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I remember in the '70s, '80s, and '90s thinking that if the Chiefs ever made the SB, I would relish every minute of the multi-hour pregame show and not miss it for anything.

Now, I can't imagine wasting 5 seconds on that boring crap. Got things done around the house. Took my eldest daughter shopping. Took the dog for a walk. 

I think it’s the evolution of it. So little of the pregame stuff is the game, there’s just so much fluff.  Concert performances.  Celebrity appearances.  It has become a place to be seen and less about the game.  It’s just like talking to people who openly say they watch the Super Bowl for the commercials.  How stupid is that?  I’m happy we’re here and anxious as all fuck waiting for the game to start, but the whole thing has become a commercialized circus.  I don’t need celebrities like lebron james or Bradley cooper, concerts or feel good stories, I just need football. 

14 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

There was one good part... and I'll paraphrase:

"Kansas City fans... just click your heels together three times, and say 'There's no player like Mahomes... there's no player like Mahomes... there's no player like Mahomes...'

I thought that was cool... they even had arrowheads on the slippers :lol: 

'Wizard Of Oz' fan offers $1 million reward for stolen slippers - Classic Hollywood Central

20 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I been cooking and listening. Momma’s doing roasted chicken sliders, I’m doing green chili Mac/cheese. 

4E6A02BF-671D-4098-BEE2-6E4ABC841334.jpeg

12 minutes ago, mex said:

There was one good part... and I'll paraphrase:

"Kansas City fans... just click your heels together three times, and say 'There's no player like Mahomes... there's no player like Mahomes... there's no player like Mahomes...'

I thought that was cool... they even had arrowheads on the slippers :lol: 

'Wizard Of Oz' fan offers $1 million reward for stolen slippers - Classic Hollywood Central

As a lifelong Kansas resident, the wizard of Oz stuff is so beyond annoying and overplayed.  It’s not clever nor original.  Whoever thought that was a good idea is a moron. 

4 minutes ago, moons314 said:

As a lifelong Kansas resident, the wizard of Oz stuff is so beyond annoying and overplayed.  It’s not clever nor original.  Whoever thought that was a good idea is a moron. 

Lighten the fuck up... jeezus dude.  It's the Super Bowl. 

6 minutes ago, mex said:

Lighten the fuck up... jeezus dude.  It's the Super Bowl. 

Y’all Missouri dudes.  Watch a KU anything, you’ll see wizard of Oz references every ten seconds.  My original post wasn’t nearly as serious as it’s being made out to be, but trust me, it’s played out.