Super Bowl LVII

18 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I just love how the O Line showed up after all that hype about their D line.

You know, I've thought about the low yardage output for Mahomes and the lack of sacks for the Eagles, and both have the same probable cause:  The Eagles figured their best strategy was ball control with the run game.  Mahomes didn't have the time of possession to get his usual yardage.  It was probably the same number of yards he would normally get per minute of playing time.  More important, the zero sacks also had a lot to do with them having less time on defense to GET sacks. So, the Eagles strategy played as much against the strongest part of their team, their rush, as it did against Mahomes.  Funny, that. 

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

One last note.  Not enough is being talked about the McKinnon pull up.  It's the Super Bowl and you have a chance to score a TD in a SB to give your team the lead and you sacrifice that for the betterment of the team.  Chris Jones was right.  This is one unselfish group of players and that was a big time unselfish yet critical play for him to make.  Well done McKinnon!

Absolutlely.  Glad you mentioned that.  I was so impressed at the time of the play.  That's what experience does. All for one an one for all.

As I wake up super late I just want to say what I thought about falling asleep and when I woke up.  I thought about how this team will be next year. With the rookies having a full season and a Super Bowl ring. With an entire offseason to evaluate and learn and with Andy as coach next year. I really believe it is fully possible to repeat.  The Chiefs will be better next year. Not much attrition happening.  The ones who do leave we could get other valuable players for.  We have a draft now where we can bolster positions that are already strong and make those positions even better.  Man I love this team.  For better or worse I love this team. 

5 hours ago, 58shineson said:

As I wake up super late I just want to say what I thought about falling asleep and when I woke up.  I thought about how this team will be next year. With the rookies having a full season and a Super Bowl ring. With an entire offseason to evaluate and learn and with Andy as coach next year. I really believe it is fully possible to repeat.  The Chiefs will be better next year. Not much attrition happening.  The ones who do leave we could get other valuable players for.  We have a draft now where we can bolster positions that are already strong and make those positions even better.  Man I love this team.  For better or worse I love this team. 

I would say that even with several veterans always leaving and replacements coming, we will be contending for the playoffs every year that we are coached by Reid and quarterbacked by Mahomes. Injuries are always a wild card.  If Mahomes loses the whole season with an achilles or ACL, then its "better luck next year."  The most we can hope for any year is making the playoffs.  After that, it is a simple three or four game tournament, and the team with the best coaching and quarterbacking is most likely to advance in each of those games. As for me, I am going to sit back, enjoy all the games, hope for only minor injuries and a shot at the Super Bowl for the foreseeable future.