Super Bowl LVII

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Aahh, just the pilots having a little fun.  They don't get to do aerobatics in triple sevens very often and it's less disturbing to tuna than to people on land.  

All this time I didn't know you were a pilot. Should have known by your screen name Duh!  I'm a mechanic. Almost 24 years, Delta Air Lines. 

2 hours ago, mex said:

He should have had two. 

Fucking guy is legendary.

He is amazing.  What a great pick by Veach. We all knew he was going to be good, but he puts the defense on a new level. Now we have to figure out how to extend him after next year, I think.  How long was his first contract?

8 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Bienemy had some say in that, don't you think?

Not sure, but I give Andy credit for analyzing the Eagle defense and running Corn Dog twice.  Give him credit for saving a few wrinkles for the biggest game.  Give him credit for half time adjustments.  Give Patrick and Chris credit for firing up the team when it wasn't looking so good.  This was a total team win with dozens of key players. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not sure, but I give Andy credit for analyzing the Eagle defense and running Corn Dog twice.  Give him credit for saving a few wrinkles for the biggest game.  Give him credit for half time adjustments.  Give Patrick and Chris credit for firing up the team when it wasn't looking so good.  This was a total team win with dozens of key players. 

I still say MVP should have been split amongst the offensive line. They earned this win. Clearly.

Heh... now the Eagles fans are blaming it on the field... poor footing made it harder for a pass rush... kinda like the Buff/Cincy game.

Except, we got two sacks on the eagles' great OL.

1 minute ago, mex said:

I still say MVP should have been split amongst the offensive line. They earned this win. Clearly.

Heh... now the Eagles fans are blaming it on the field... poor footing made it harder for a pass rush... kinda like the Buff/Cincy game.

the field did suck but hardly the reason they lost

2 minutes ago, mex said:

Fair point, but weren't both sacks just a matter of running Hurts out of bounds behind the line?  The Eagles have one of the best O-lines, if not the best, and that was one reason holding the RBs to 47 (?) yards was so impressive.   I'd trade a zero sack game from them for the lack of traditional sacks for the Chiefs' D.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

but weren't both sacks just a matter of running Hurts out of bounds behind the line?

Yes but any other traditional QB would have been sacked. Hurts is a rare dude... strong and fast. Chasing him OOB for a loss is a legit sack IMO

2 minutes ago, mex said:

Yes but any other traditional QB would have been sacked. Hurts is a rare dude... strong and fast. Chasing him OOB for a loss is a legit sack IMO

True.  Both QBs are elusive and saved some traditional sacks.  I loved the play where Mahomes threw low to Kelce while being dragged down.  Saved a sack.....saved a possession.  

Is it just me or did anyone else notice how LUCKY some of those Eagles receptions were? I mean, our DBs were on those guys pretty tight with the exception of a few passes where the receiver got behind Thornhill. 

One that immediately comes to mind is where we almost sacked Hurts, and he dumped it off to the RB in the flats... Chenal was all over him and somehow the lucky fucker held on to the ball.

IIRC there were at least 4 passes like that where I was like 'how the hell did he catch that ball?'

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

True.  Both QBs are elusive and saved some traditional sacks.  I loved the play where Mahomes threw low to Kelce while being dragged down.  Saved a sack.....saved a possession.  

Did you see how that defensive lineman's forearm came down on Mahomes' face? That was only like 3 plays after his ankle re-injury too...

that was a hell of a play by Mahomes and an equally amazing catch by Kelce