Super Bowl LVII

22 hours ago, oldtimer said:

no idea I fell asleep

Players were slipping to varying degrees on both sides all game.  Same turf problem at that stadium that ruined most of Butker's season. The whole concept of rolling indoors and outdoors a natural turf field is a failure.  They have to face it and change it to artificial turf. The base has to be deeper with roots to hold natural grass turf in place.  But then it wouldn't be able to be rolled. Stupid idea to make more money by using the billion dollar stadium for more and different kinds of venues and events.

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Players were slipping to varying degrees on both sides all game.  Same turf problem at that stadium that ruined most of Butker's season. The whole concept of rolling indoors and outdoors a natural turf field is a failure.  They have to face it and change it to artificial turf. The base has to be deeper with roots to hold natural grass turf in place.  But then it wouldn't be able to be rolled. Stupid idea to make more money by using the billion dollar stadium for more and different kinds of venues and events.

damned if you do, damned if you don't...People bitch about synthetic turf causing injuries so teams in warm climates like vegas and Arizona have domed stadiums but you cannot grow grass indoors so they both create these rolling trays but as you said they cannot allow grass to take deep roots so it will come up in chunks...but the owners want covered stadiums so they can get money year round, makes you wonder what the Chiefs will do when they design the replacement for Arrowhead.

21 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

damned if you do, damned if you don't...People bitch about synthetic turf causing injuries so teams in warm climates like vegas and Arizona have domed stadiums but you cannot grow grass indoors so they both create these rolling trays but as you said they cannot allow grass to take deep roots so it will come up in chunks...but the owners want covered stadiums so they can get money year round, makes you wonder what the Chiefs will do when they design the replacement for Arrowhead.

It sure does make me wonder about what the Chiefs will do.  Personally, I think the health of the players and the game of football is more important than the money made by holding different kinds of events\ in the same place or from hosting a super bowl.  Cities have to make a decision on how to finance new stadiums based on revenue generated.  Maybe the real answer is to build a separate and cheaper special events venue and just maintain the current fooball-only stadium. If Arrowhead needs to put in a rolling roof, so be it. But just say no to rolling turf.  Why is is so important to be able to host a super bowl. in KC?  People would rather go to a warmer place in February anyway.  KC would get the hind tit, even if we built a huge domed stadium with all the electronics and turn the game of real football into a giant video game. People would still rather go to a warm city at that time of year. Plus, we have always taken pride in having the best groundskeepers in the business.

Rewatched the game (again) last night and every time see something new.  Pacheco, the guy who doesn't play third downs because he's weak in pass pro, on one play literally laid out a rusher coming around the left end while Pat was moving right.  Don't remember which play it was, but the hit Pacheco put on the guy was dynamite.  

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Rewatched the game (again) last night and every time see something new.  Pacheco, the guy who doesn't play third downs because he's weak in pass pro, on one play literally laid out a rusher coming around the left end while Pat was moving right.  Don't remember which play it was, but the hit Pacheco put on the guy was dynamite.  

That's why I posted yesterday that he's improved big time. There were several plays where he did a great job. Then to see him on the sideline talking up his OL was icing on the cake. They love him and he loves them... I mean how can they not respect the effort he gives on EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

On 2/15/2023 at 7:27 PM, AFCWEST said:

https://youtu.be/7vXF0-17Gik?list=TLPQMTYwMjIwMjMivC4fhoKtow

So Funny Video on the Eagles season. Love this guy.

Same guy Chiefs season. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_mLU4oghkU

He posts live videos watching games and is really entertaining. 

37 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I tried to give up all my superstitions after we won the first SB but it looks like mex created one for next year. I'll miss the Joe's BBQ

For the first time this season, I wore my Buck Buchanan throwback jersey during a game. I wore it through the first half and took it off at halftime. 

coincedence.gif

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/7444353/patrick-mahomes-punk-behavior-chiefs-fans-sickened/amp/

I’ve seen numerous articles about the drinking and yada yada yada.

I don’t know how you all feel but when I have people in Scottsdale telling me it was embarrass I laugh.  Same people act like compete idiots at the Waste Management Tournament every year.  The irony is hilarious.