Alex Smith

Probably not, but it sure would help elevate your opinion of him.  

Hell he might even hit that A grade.   :D

Nope.  It doesn't elevate my opinion of Jay Cutler that he has Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Matt Forte and Martellus Bennett to throw at.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so fast.  They can try, but Gang green isn't so good anymore.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/10/28/7082835/ny-jets-historic-ineptitude

I hope so. This game makes me nervous.

At some point, some team (Seattle or Denver) will take away the short stuff and bring their safties down in the box to take away the underneath stuff and clog the running game. St.Louis was doing an okay job at it in the 1st qtr. sunday, but they didn't stick with it, and started blitzing. AS11 made them pay.

Reid has been pretty good this year making chicken salad, out of chicken shit...There's something that tells me that when Reid and Smith have to strectch the field, they will try again with Avery, Hammond and this time DAT. Kelce streaking down the middle of the field should help keep the lid open also.

Whatever they've been doing, has obviously been working so...if aint broke...

Isn't their secondary really banged up?  At one point they moved safety Antonio Allen to CB.

Not sure??  You would have to do some investigative reporting.  I know this much.  I'm glad the chiefs didn't draft Geno Smith.  And they have really been stinking up the joint lately.

Not sure??  You would have to do some investigative reporting.  I know this much.  I'm glad the chiefs didn't draft Geno Smith.  And they have really been stinking up the joint lately.

Don't feel like it.  Pretty sure Dee Millner is on IR and that doesn't leave much else.  Seem to recall Rex really wanting the DB to be addressed last offseason and it wasn't.  Their DL is the only unit worth anything on defense.

Trap Game....lots of folks ( Coaches and Players) on the Jets are playing for their jobs....

The best part is that the game is in KC.

I like our Defense and Trust our Coaching Staff.

Thank Goodness we grabbed Alex Smith.....Imagine if we had Geno Smith?

w

Trap Game....lots of folks ( Coaches and Players) on the Jets are playing for their jobs....

The best part is that the game is in KC.

I like our Defense and Trust our Coaching Staff.

Thank Goodness we grabbed Alex Smith.....Imagine if we had Geno Smith?

w

But damnit, at least the chiefs would have been trying to grow their own!!

:P :D

And Reid, the QB whisperer, would fix all his problems - much better than drafting a good prospect and building him up. (Sarcasm about the latter.)

Chiefs are on the right track.....

I am really enjoying this season so far.

w

Me too.  God, where this team was after the preseason and week 1 and where they are now is worlds apart.  There's a lot football to be played, and I'm not ready for my crow yet.  I am carefully selecting a marinade though.

Alex should petition the league to stop reviewing stats (kidding). First, Alex gets a touchdown changed into a rushing touchdown. Now, he got a rush for -3 yards turn into a pass for a loss of three. Pass the line a scrimmage and you'll have no problem. Just make sure that you're not passed the line of scrimmage yourself. ;)

http://touchdown.rtsports.com/fantasy-football-league/87050

BTW, there's a bonus for those of you who scroll down the page.

Alex should petition the league to stop reviewing stats (kidding). First, Alex gets a touchdown changed into a rushing touchdown. Now, he got a rush for -3 yards turn into a pass for a loss of three. Pass the line a scrimmage and you'll have no problem. Just make sure that you're not passed the line of scrimmage yourself. ;)

http://touchdown.rtsports.com/fantasy-football-league/87050

BTW, there's a bonus for those of you who scroll down the page.

Thanks!  I love "The Karate Kid"!  ;)

This is about right - Jets call Alex Smith a game manager but in a good way (I think)

An "elite homegrown QBotF" would certainly be a nice thing to have. Having Alex on the roster gives us the luxury of not having to reach out of desperation (which is what some seem to demand, year after year - Geno Smith, anyone?), but we're not going to be in position to pick at the top of the draft, either - not without some creative trades, anyway. Sooner or later, the right guy is going to have to fall to us... I have confidence in Reid & co. to develop hum when the time comes, though.

This is about right - Jets call Alex Smith a game manager but in a good way (I think)

An "elite homegrown QBotF" would certainly be a nice thing to have. Having Alex on the roster gives us the luxury of not having to reach out of desperation (which is what some seem to demand, year after year - Geno Smith, anyone?), but we're not going to be in position to pick at the top of the draft, either - not without some creative trades, anyway. Sooner or later, the right guy is going to have to fall to us... I have confidence in Reid & co. to develop hum when the time comes, though.

F' that f'ing condescending insult. See my comments earlier in this thread. The description is fine, the term/name is not. Alex, IMO, isn't elite but is the QBOTF and yes, I support drafting and developing. Elite would be nice.

F' that f'ing condescending insult. See my comments earlier in this thread. The description is fine, the term/name is not. Alex, IMO, isn't elite but is the QBOTF and yes, I support drafting and developing. Elite would be nice.

Alex Smith is great at what he does - you can't just plug anyone in to do this with the same degree of consistency and success. Dinking and dunking 80 yards for a TD without having the drive derailed is easier said than done, and doing it consistently regardless of who you're up against is impressive. Also, I don't buy the line that Alex "can't" throw the long ball - he led the league in that stat in SF before the finger injury, and I certainly don't blame him for not trying to force it deep here when the OL & WR's aren't reliable and we're getting it done against good teams this way.

Alex Smith is great at what he does - you can't just plug anyone in to do this with the same degree of consistency and success. Dinking and dunking 80 yards for a TD without having the drive derailed is easier said than done, and doing it consistently regardless of who you're up against is impressive. Also, I don't buy the line that Alex "can't" throw the long ball - he led the league in that stat in SF before the finger injury, and I certainly don't blame him for not trying to force it deep here when the OL & WR's aren't reliable and we're getting it done against good teams this way.

+1. Here's my stance: if a Chiefs fan says it then I'm okay with it. If the media says it, it's an insult. If a fan of another team says it, there is a high likelihood that it's and insult, but I'm not sure.

The reason is this: I feel that lay people don't know that it's an insult so when they say it, they generally mean something positive about it. Unless context says otherwise. But when a player from another team says it or an analyst trying to describe capabilities, I take it as an insult. One problem is that more and more laypeople are described as experts or given blog or something to voice their regurgitation of what they heard, including that term. I believe that it has evolved from an insult to less of an insult. Again, I'm okay with the description, but not the term.

And I think you're referring to his throwing shoulder injury in 2007, not a finger injury. He had a grade three injury and his coach made him play and told the locker room that he was a lion. When I get to a computer, I will find that link. Truth was that he was too injured to play and by doing so he worsened his shoulder. The coach simply wanted a scapegoat. But I might be wrong, maybe there was a finger injury somewhere.

He's a winner. He didn't quit when Reid shit the bed week 1 asking him to bomb it out. He gave Charles the ball 13 times in 2 of the losses. Alex smith is also a leader which no one mentions. It could have went to hell after the start but it didn't. Alex smith is more than meets the eye.

The grass is almost always greener on the other side. I am content with Alex Smith. He is much better than I anticipated he would be for the Chiefs when they traded for him. 

The QBR ratings are about as interesting as fantasy points to me. I would not take Tony Romo over many of those lower than him on the ranking, and that does include Alex Smith. 

Archived