Alex Smith

Guest brochief

Alex is not an accurate passer as people make him. A lot of the passes are not good for yatc. I also wish he give it a little more time in the pocket. His happy feet has cause us not to score and convert on some third down plays this year. With all that being said I'll still take him over half the starters this year. I just hope we figure out how to become a threat down the field. We cannot win the big games if our wide receivers don't catch tds. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex is not an accurate passer as people make him. A lot of the passes are not good for yatc. I also wish he give it a little more time in the pocket. His happy feet has cause us not to score and convert on some third down plays this year. With all that being said I'll still take him over half the starters this year. I just hope we figure out how to become a threat down the field. We cannot win the big games if our wide receivers don't catch tds. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Do not agree at all. We do not have to go deep down the field. Its pretty to watch but low percentage. Lets just hope we don't get down big to somebody early. Don't think we are much of a catch up team.

Did Alex Smith make plays on the way to leading his team to a 5-3 record? Yes. What other quarterbacks could have done that in his place? Does it matter? In the end, his detractors love to say that the 49ers never would have won the 2012 Super Bowl with Alex Smith, but then why do people assume that the Chiefs' record would be better than 5-3 at this point if the Chiefs were fielding another quarterback? That reasoning is in essence a double-standard that credits to other quarterbacks the ability to do what they haven't done, while stripping Smith of the validation he deserves for what he has done.

You don't have to think Smith is the best quarterback in the league. I don't either. But there's not a name out there that I trust more than his to deal with the wreckage for which he is the signal caller. If you're going to criticize Smith for guiding these Chiefs to a 5-3 season, on the day that he should lead the Chiefs to a Super Bowl victory, you'll argue that it was everyone but Smith. The only way you'll ever learn to view Smith in a positive light is to change how you evaluate quarterbacks: Smith will never be the quarterback you're looking for. He's already superior to that sort of quarterback. And you have only yourself, your vulnerability to influence by the media, and your lack of effort to educate yourself about the intricacies of NFL football to blame for not seeing it.

Archived