NFL Mock drafts site

kkuenn

13 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

We definitely need a young DE...Is he a good fit or just a DE that these sites tossed to us?

Probably more of a 34 OLB or a wide 9 rusher.  Good pass rusher but will get his lunch eaten vs run in NFL.  Maybe he can put on some weight but I don't see him anchoring vs NFL Olines.  Does not seem like a Spags end to me but in the right system he could be a good one.

• 3 weeks later...

Kipers latest draft today....

Kiper sees the Kansas City Chiefs taking a Bulldog with the last pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, as he has offensive tackle Broderick Jones landing with the Super Bowl champions at pick No. 31.

This is a good bit lower than from where most mock drafts have Jones landing, with most having him land in the early to mid-teens. A strong performance at the NFL combine should help vault him up in the draft, including possibly into the top 10.

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Kipers latest draft today....

Kiper sees the Kansas City Chiefs taking a Bulldog with the last pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, as he has offensive tackle Broderick Jones landing with the Super Bowl champions at pick No. 31.

This is a good bit lower than from where most mock drafts have Jones landing, with most having him land in the early to mid-teens. A strong performance at the NFL combine should help vault him up in the draft, including possibly into the top 10.

Isn't Jones considered the #3 OT in the draft?  Doubt he lasts until #31 and the Chiefs would have to move up quite a bit to nab him.  

• 3 weeks later...

On 2/28/2023 at 8:45 PM, jetlord said:

Isn't Jones considered the #3 OT in the draft?  Doubt he lasts until #31 and the Chiefs would have to move up quite a bit to nab him.  

I’ve not seen him last past 20 in any mock draft I’ve seen.  If he last until 20 the Chiefs are all over that!

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

NFL Network had us taking Edge Will McDonald from Iowa State @ 31

Have the Chiefs ever drafted a 239# DE in the Spags era?  I think some talking head decided that the Chiefs need D-line and McDonald was at the top of list at the moment. 

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Have the Chiefs ever drafted a 239# DE in the Spags era?  I think some talking head decided that the Chiefs need D-line and McDonald was at the top of list at the moment. 

Put Chenal at DE when the new fa takes the field?

• 2 weeks later...

This one has us trading back and getting 2 picks in round 2, 3 and 4th.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/4/3/23667923/chiefs-nfl-draft-2023-trade-down-mock-scenario

Mock Draft Monday: How the Chiefs could benefit by trading down

Examining a scenario where Kansas City trades out of the opening round.

By Price.Carter@ArrowheadPrice  Apr 3, 2023, 1:39pm CDT  

Let’s get this out of the way first: after last’s year’s NFL Draft, Kansas City Chiefs general manager Brett Veach joked about a conversation with owner Clark Hunt

“The only thing Clark told me was you can’t trade next year’s one,” laughed Veach.

Many interpreted this to mean to that Veach had been expressly forbidden from trading out the opening round of the 2023 draft, which will be held in Kansas City. But Hunt later denied that was the case.

“Well, Brett and I have had an ongoing joke here for several years — since we learned that the draft was coming to Kansas City — that we had to have our first-round pick for this draft,” said the owner in November. “Of course, at the end of the day, if there’s a transaction that makes sense for the club, I’m certainly not going to stand in the way of that.”

Sure... fans (myself included) would love to see the Chiefs make a pick on the first night at Union Station. But I’d bet that most fans (myself included) enjoy going there for Super Bowl parades even more. It looks like Hunt feels exactly the same way.

This is simple: if a trade-down allows the Chiefs to add another starter to the roster, it’s a great move. The long-term health of the franchise is much more important than 15 minutes on a Thursday night in April.

Round 1

The Chiefs have some names they like at Pick 31 — but none that scream “first-round pick.” That’s the signal to trade down. The New England Patriots send selections 46, 107 and 117 to Kansas City for the 31st pick. This gives the Chiefs two second-round picks and four fourth-round picks.

Round 2

NCAA Football: Big 12 Football Championship-Texas Christian at Kansas StateJerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

On the clock at Pick 46, the Chiefs have missed most of the highly-regarded tackles and receivers — but there are still some great pass rushers available. The depth at that position is part of the reason Veach knew the trade would work.

LATEST VIDEO FROM SB NATION

Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones' beef is about who really made the Cowboys champions

The picks: Felix Anudike-Uzomah (EDGE, Kansas State) at 46; Jaelyn Duncan (tackle, Maryland) at 63

In the second round, Kansas City gets two starting-level players.

Given his athletic profile (and how he was utilized in Manhattan) Anudike-Uzomah has great upside. With George Karlaftis, Chris Jones, Charles Omenihu (and the potential return of Frank Clark) the team’s pass rush goes from good to great.

Duncan is a developmental offensive lineman who has all the traits of a true pass-protecting left tackle. While he’s a bit raw, playing him next to Joe Thuney — a left tackle’s best friend — and having Jawaan Taylor lock down the right side makes lots of sense.

The Chiefs have been clear: they are looking for long-term answers at tackle. Duncan and Taylor are exactly that.

Round 3

NCAA Football: Oklahoma at West VirginiaBen Queen-USA TODAY Sports

This is the round where project-level wide receivers really start making sense. The Chiefs don’t need all four fourth-round picks, so they trade up with the pick-hungry Arizona Cardinals, getting Pick 96 in exchange for 107 and 117. This gives them back-to-back third-round picks.

The Picks: Kayshon Boutte (wide receiver, LSU) at 95; Bryce Ford-Wheaton (wide receiver, West Virginia) at 96

By double-dipping at wideout, Kansas City helps guarantee youth at the position. The two players bring different things to the table.

Boutte is dynamic after the catch — and has the speed to break big plays. While he’s had a rough time before the draft, his tape is promising.

Ford-Wheaton, however, is a much more traditional X-receiver who has the size to win contested catches. The West Virginia wideout has had a great pre-draft process; he’s been climbing the boards.

Round 4

So far, the Chiefs have acquired at least three starters with their first four picks — and they still have plenty of picks remaining. Veach is now free to take the best player available.

The picks: Chase Brown (running back, Illinois) at 122; Kobie Turner (interior defensive line, Wake Forest) at 134

Running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire has struggled to get on the field even when he is healthy. Jerick McKinnon remains a free agent. Despite Veach’s success in picking Isiah Pacheco in 2022’s seventh round, most good NFL backs are selected in the first four rounds. Alongside Pacheco, Brown — a high school track star who had a ton of success in college — gives Kansas City a true two-headed monster. Brown has also improved as a pass-catcher in every season.

Turner would plug nicely into Khalen Saunders’ role. Like Saunders, he is a little undersized — but plays solid run defense. He also has some pass rushing upside — and alongside Chris Jones, he would bring another speed element to the interior.

Overall

Untitled_picture.png

If this draft were held in Cleveland, Kansas City fans would be thrilled with two picks each in rounds two, three and four.

But regardless of where the draft is held, we should acknowledge the possibility that a trade down might actually be what’s in the team’s best interest. Even before Day 3 begins, the Chiefs could find their left tackle of the future, a starting EDGE, a starting receiver and two rotational players.

image.png

Lately the mocks have been very disappointing. I saw a mock today that had us trading up to spot #20. I'm thinking a stud OT or DE. They had us giving up the farm to move up and draft Dawand Jones. I'm not against Jones....but at 20? Dude refused to weigh in at his Pro Day. Red flag. He's big. That's his calling card? Pass.

5 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Lately the mocks have been very disappointing. I saw a mock today that had us trading up to spot #20. I'm thinking a stud OT or DE. They had us giving up the farm to move up and draft Dawand Jones. I'm not against Jones....but at 20? Dude refused to weigh in at his Pro Day. Red flag. He's big. That's his calling card? Pass.

They won't take Jones at 20. Wright and Skoronski (or Harrison) should be available at 20... and they've already shown interest in Wright.

26 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Why trade up to 20 when the guy will probably be available at 31?  Just shows that one doesn't need to be an expert to publish a mock.  

Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College

The Kansas City Chiefs get more explosive with this pick. Zay Flowers (scouting report) may even wind up reminding some of Tyreek Hill with his flat-out speed. He does not have the size you are looking for, but he plays bigger when on the football field. Patrick Mahomes will really like this pick.

63. Kansas City: Adetomiwa Adebawore, Edge, Northwestern (scouting report)

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/nfl-draft/2023-nfl-mock-draft-4-3-first-four-picks-all-qbs-rodgers-trade-completed/

Kansas City Chiefs

TRADE WITH

New York Giants

Chiefs receive:

• No. 25 overall (Round 1)

Giants receive:

• No. 31 overall (Round 1)
  • No. 95 overall (Round 3)

The most difficult thing to do in sports is stay on top. The defending Super Bowl champion Chiefs know the Bengals and Bills will be knocking on their door, with another seven or eight teams keeping their eyes on the prize in the ultracompetitive AFC. 

GM Brett Veach and coach Andy Reid might feel another difference-maker on offense is needed to keep the train rolling. Even if they think Skyy Moore and Kadarius Toney can take the spots of free-agent departures JuJu Smith-Schuster and Mecole Hardman, an additional receiver could come in handy if injuries hit again this season. At least one of the top wideouts should be available at 25, with Zay Flowers and Jalin Hyatt the most likely candidates.

The Giants moved down twice in the second round last year, accumulating fourth- and fifth-round selections to build roster depth. GM Joe Schoen must have learned during his time as an assistant to Beane in Buffalo about the value of dropping a few spots in exchange for a top-100 selection, especially when the team can still find a center or corner prospect waiting to become the final pick of the first round.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-draft-five-round-1-trades-that-would-make-sense

To much imo to give up to move up 6 spots

20 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

To much imo to give up to move up 6 spots

yep.

I wonder how many of these potential trade scenarios are on the board, depending on which players are selected as rd 1 goes down. 

I'd love to be in that draft room to watch how it plays out.

Give up 3rd and 4th picks to move up to 22.

https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-qbs-go-1-2-3-after-colts-trade-up

Pick

Kansas City Chiefs

Jalin Hyatt

Tennessee · WR · Junior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH BALTIMORE RAVENS

Opinions are mixed about Hyatt's ability to become a true No. 1 receiver in the NFL, but the Chiefs' offense will play to his strengths: gliding past defenders in the open field and weaving through traffic to make short passes into long gains. The Ravens dealt second- and fifth-round picks to the Bears for linebacker Roquan Smith last fall, so adding a third- and fourth-rounder from the Chiefs in this trade will help build depth.

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Why trade up to 20 when the guy will probably be available at 31?  Just shows that one doesn't need to be an expert to publish a mock.  

Bingo! A lot of so called "experts" really have us reaching for players. Like we are so desperate to get a wide receiver we will take a guy at #31 who is graded as a late 2nd rounder. Dumb. 

Not sure how I feel about Hyatt. Great speed and vertical threat. However, not much of a route tree. Kinda a one trick pony. Plus prior to his last year at UT he hadn't done that much. Hate drafting guys who are one year wonders. Not saying he couldn't be great. Just some concerns.