Hardman on IR

Chiefs Wire

Chiefs place WR Mecole Hardman on IR, activate RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire

The team announced on Monday that they had placed WR Mecole Hardman on injured reserve. In a corresponding roster move, the team activated RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire from injured reserve.

This move comes after Hardman aggravated his pelvis injury in the AFC Championship Game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Hardman was seeking second opinions on his injury, but as Andy Reid stated last week, it was going to be a stretch for him to be able to play.

57 minutes ago, West said:

That's tough on him.  The guy had been very healthy prior to this year, his contract year....

I hope he gets well and comes back.  He is a weapon.

w

Poor kid. Just couldn’t catch a break this year.

9 minutes ago, mex said:

Poor kid. Just couldn’t catch a break this year.

I agree. I was a Mecole critic because I didn't feel like he met MY expectations. But he did play an important role and was fairly good at it. PLUS, he did give the offense that element of "Take the top off" speed that we don't have without him. I wonder if he'll be here next year...

24 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Agree on Mecole.  I thought he could be a difference maker in the playoffs.  Have they ever said what the actual injury is?  Sports Hernia, maybe?

I sure hope they don’t give Clyde a bunch of snaps.  The dude has no vision.  

CEH is better than RoJo.  We still don't know if he'll be active for the game anyway.  Good to have a backup in case one of the starters goes down. 

Curious about his future. Didn't work out here but may be a couple good plays in the playoffs could intrigue some GMs to bet on potential. Now I guess he'll look for some prove-it deals but won't be easy. Needs to come back 100% for next year wherever he ends up.

CEH is a matter of depth I guess, probably won't need him at all with Pacheco and McKinnon running the show but I guess they see him as McKinnon's backup out of the backfield at this point.

28 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Would you bring him back on a 1 yr 6-8 million dollar deal?   MVS, Toney, Moore, Hardman, Ross, Juju, and Watson?    

I doubt Hardman could find a deal higher than 1.5-2 million per year. Vet minimum might be the most likely scenario for a year. 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Would you bring him back on a 1 yr 6-8 million dollar deal?   MVS, Toney, Moore, Hardman, Ross, Juju, and Watson?    

No, that's too many even without Ross.  Veach should draft a WR every year to keep the room young (and cheap).  I think MVS earned another year based on the AFCCG, Moore and Toney are already under contract, and Watson brings another element to the group at low cost.  Can the Chiefs sign JuJu for a deal better than they might with other FAs?  Some interesting rumors are floating around and there may be something to WRs wanting to boost their careers with Mahomes or legacies with a ring.  I think the Chiefs will let Hardman walk and either sign JuJu or another FA and draft for the future.  

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

not sure if that works trying to bring Juju back

I'm not sure it will be a money issue with Hardman.  I think its more like Jetlord just said  it will be more because the WR room is full. As much as i like JJSS he is devolping an injury history. Started the year in training camp with a knee issue has missed time in the playoffs because of a knee issue.  Had a quad issue during the season.  Im not sure how i would handle the kind of contract i would offer him. With his injury history he may not cost as much as we think.