Underdogs Prevail

We all know one thing is absolutely true. Patrick Mahomes is petty. He is super competitive. I love it that everyone is picking Philly. Projecting Jalen Hurts will be MVP and outplay Mahomes. 

I am not predicting a blowout, but I think the Chiefs are going to be hyper-motivated. I expect Mahomes to be completely locked in and moving well. We have faced excellent Defenses all year long. This Philly team has feasted on playing so so teams and have not faced an offense even remotely close to the Chiefs. Spags is really good planning for a single game and I believe the Chiefs come out of the gates fast, while the Eagles struggle early. Chiefs jump out to a 14-0 lead and hold on to win 38-27. Everyone is underestimating the Chiefs. I think there will be a lot of backtracking after this game.

2 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

We all know one thing is absolutely true. Patrick Mahomes is petty. He is super competitive. I love it that everyone is picking Philly. Projecting Jalen Hurts will be MVP and outplay Mahomes. 

I am not predicting a blowout, but I think the Chiefs are going to be hyper-motivated. I expect Mahomes to be completely locked in and moving well. We have faced excellent Defenses all year long. This Philly team has feasted on playing so so teams and have not faced an offense even remotely close to the Chiefs. Spags is really good planning for a single game and I believe the Chiefs come out of the gates fast, while the Eagles struggle early. Chiefs jump out to a 14-0 lead and hold on to win 38-27. Everyone is underestimating the Chiefs. I think there will be a lot of backtracking after this game.

Let's hope this prediction comes out like your last one.

Tho I do agree... underdog role is best. Nobody is respecting our OL... nobody is respecting our DL.

This all sounds like the hype there were spewing before the 49er game earlier this year.....All pro Oline, number 1 defense..blah blah..

And we know what happened.

The eagles aint played no one worthy. Teams with decent offenses were able to drop lots of points. They led the league in sacks because of the other shitty teams they were able to get leads on. 

The best qbs the eagles played were?? Dak?, Rodgers? Goff?? Aint buyin it quite yet. Wait till they "Get a load of Petty Pat"..

And personally I think Jaylen Hurts will be exposed by Spags and Andy. Just my hunch....

I read today that Adam Teicher picked the Eagles to win 27-20. My take on that is WTF !  Then again I have never been impressed with his reporting. 

My reasoning for the Chiefs winning is that the Eagles have feasted on bad NFL teams. The ones that had good offenses put up lots of points. The Eagles have not faced an Offense like the Chiefs all year long. The Chiefs have faced great Defenses all year long and performed well. If the Chiefs play a B+ or better game, they will win by two scores.

26 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

I read today that Adam Teicher picked the Eagles to win 27-20. My take on that is WTF !  Then again I have never been impressed with his reporting. 

My reasoning for the Chiefs winning is that the Eagles have feasted on bad NFL teams. The ones that had good offenses put up lots of points. The Eagles have not faced an Offense like the Chiefs all year long. The Chiefs have faced great Defenses all year long and performed well. If the Chiefs play a B+ or better game, they will win by two scores.

I mean, that's my feeling also Doc. Maybe were missing something? But I can't really see Hurts beating KC if Spags forces him to throw the football. I think they'll force Philly to dink and donk and pick their spots to blitz the shit out of Hurts. As for KC only scoring 20 points? I don't see the Philly defense holding down KC's offense UNLESS, Wylie and OBJ have their worst game of the season.

6 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

If we win in the trenches, the skill guys will do their part!

It would also be such poetic justice for Andy Reid to beat Philly in this game too.

What's your gut feeling on the battle of the trenches? Do you think KC will prevail or no?

Unless our Offensive line play terrible, I think we can nullify Philly's strength of getting sacks. I expect screens and runs in right at Reddick. Similar gameplan to what we did to Nick Bosa.  The guy on Brown is more of a power rusher.  I expect the Eagles to struggle to put points up early and for the Chiefs to get up early. Reid and Spags initial game plans will be A+ . The question will be whether or not Philly can adjust. Thus Siriani's first Super Bowl. Mistakes in preparation will be made and knowing exactly how to handle everything on gameday for a Super Bowl is new to him. I give the big edge to the Chiefs and is a reasonI believe they start fast.

I really do believe the game will boil down to how the Chiefs play in the trenches. We know the Eagles backend defense can be had. The reason more teams didn't light them up is the pass rush got there too quickly. If our Oline can buy Pat enough time he will carve them like a Christmas goose. If not then we've seen that play before.

Also Spags has to limit the Eagles run game. Force them into some 3rd and longs.

The Eagles will have their moments, but my thought process is that if they do not completely dominate the Chiefs in the trenches, I think we can perform well enough to win. An interesting comment made by Troy Aikman when predicting an Eagles victory was a quote from Jimmy Johnson.  It's  not teams that make the most big plays that win the Super Bowl. It's  the one that makes the fewest bad ones.

I don’t know why KC even boarded the plane.  The media pundits, in all of their wisdom, have already declared Philly the winner by a landslide.

It will be that much more satisfying when we complete the season we were told was impossible without Hill and against a superior AFC West, and stomp a mudhole in Philly’s ass.  

All of the shade that has been thrown at them this year, and especially during the playoffs, makes me want this win more than ever.  Prove those dumb shits wrong once again.