NFL Combine could be finished?

KC Warpaint

58 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Curious to the words "Africa".espn...wtf?

anyway just another intrusion of the woke culture into long held rights of passage. Lots of player (Dante Poe) really helped their earning potential in the combines but one MAY BE ABLE to argue for every player that  went up in value  one went down  I don't know. This is also a real opportunity for staffs to schmooze and  make deals. I know the city of Indy has got to be opposed to that.

It'll probably be approved in a year or two just simple because Goodell  is  the NFPLA's  image.jpeg.998fe0d57ed3be0e5f9109617c8dfa05.jpeg

Soren Petro just did an awesome Rant on this basically  saying..When it get's to the point when the Head of the NFPLA stars trying to cut a revenue maker.. they make too much$$. The NFL Network's sole programing for several days ='s Revenue.  etc etc. It as come to the point of lunacy

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt the nflpa has much say in it.  The purpose of the combine is medical.  Either do it all at once or do it for every team but teams are gonna get the medical info.  Plus the prospects aren't in the NFLPA yet since they're not in the NFL so NFLPA can't negotiate for them. 

Players enter the draft already surrender all their "medical rights" and makes sense for the future employer to learn about their physical situation as opposed to following rumors. I don't see any reason for this "wokeness" which looks just stupid. 

Regarding the metrics one thing he misses is that players perform better and/or worse in the combine environment due to added pressure as well as the multiple phases of the process. May not be the greatest experience for all of them I'm sure but I don't see the downside of this at all and calling it a "slave auction" is just stupid. 

On 2/22/2023 at 4:53 PM, xen said:

I doubt the nflpa has much say in it.  The purpose of the combine is medical.  Either do it all at once or do it for every team but teams are gonna get the medical info.  Plus the prospects aren't in the NFLPA yet since they're not in the NFL so NFLPA can't negotiate for them. 

Smith has a frigging law degree. You would think he would know that.