Make your SB LVII score prediction

29 minutes ago, Boone said:

I don't know if we would have won with him.  Mahomes had to change/grow in ways that wouldn't have happened if Reek had stayed.

If the Chiefs didn't get the draft picks and cap savings, I doubt they would have won as many games this year, wouldn't have had home field in the playoffs, and would have had a rougher time to the SB.  It all worked out for the best. 

32 minutes ago, qnet said:

He's rich and set for life. I'm sure he wish he war here, but not sure it's bothering him that badly. 

He would’ve been rich had he stayed.  They were literally squabbling over a few million dollars, which in the grand scheme of things, wasn’t that much by the time you take out agent fees etc.  

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Since this is a prediction thread, we must ask how many predicted that the Chiefs would out rush the Eagles by 50% and Hurts would throw 50% more passing yards (approx.) and the Chiefs would win?  I still can't believe Mahomes threw for less than 200.  

He's leaned and was very efficient in the second half. 

54 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Since this is a prediction thread, we must ask how many predicted that the Chiefs would out rush the Eagles by 50% and Hurts would throw 50% more passing yards (approx.) and the Chiefs would win?  I still can't believe Mahomes threw for less than 200.  

I know right?

2 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I would be willing to bet that Reek is not a very happy person right about now.

It just proves the old adage, "money can't buy happiness."  It can buy amusement, but not happiness.  It can buy a house, but not a home.  It can buy a bed, but not a good night's sleep.  It can buy a trip to Miami, but not Glendale Arizona :lol:

2 hours ago, qnet said:

He's leaned and was very efficient in the second half. 

He's learned a lot, but this team is a second half team not because Mahomes is better in the second half, but because Andy Reid is a genius at studying at halftime and at devising the best strategy and plays to thwart it. They enter the second half with a new plan based on what the opponent was doing in the first half.  Reid isn't the only coach who does that well, but he is the best and the fastest at it and has the most plays in his book. He makes sure the team has practiced them all since summer camp.  Mahomes executes the plays. He improvises incredibly well, but the second half adjustments to the overall plan are Reid's (and, contrary to what others always say, Bienemy's).

The problem with elite WRs is that they take up too much of the cap space but are still a single player on the field. Paying Hil the money he's making right now would cripple the team and he would never be able to live up to that contract as the numbers game is much more favorable with a QB like Mahomes. Obviously he would want to be paid as he got in Miami over here but that's not realistic so I'm guessing he can buy a few new toys to deal with the sadness. 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

That's what happens when your defense is on the field for the entire 1st half.

4 hours ago, mex said:

That's what happens when your defense is on the field for the entire 1st half.

Yup.  Mahomes was carving them up in the first half, then the non call on third down when juju got spun around thwarted that drive , then the 4th drive was that tangled mess before halftime when the injury was aggravated.  They never really stopped Mahomes or the offense, they were just eating so much clock with their offense it kept our numbers down.  

15 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I would be willing to bet that Reek is not a very happy person right about now.

Not so sure.  He got a ring so that square was filled.  He's pulling in generational wealth and living/playing where he wants to be.  Sure, everyone wants to be on a winning team, but Hill has already done it and MIA isn't exactly like playing in Houston or for some other bottom feeder.  Would you give up millions for a second ring?  Not sure many would.