Good article on our 2nd half domination.

Long read but worth it. Gives how the tun game was used to stats on how much Mahomes was pressured etc. What I liked was this fact:

The Chiefs converted 93.8% of their first downs into another first down or a touchdown in the second half, and the only reason they didn't hit 100% is because Jerick McKinnon slid down on the 1-yard line to set up the title-winning field goal. ESPN has data going back through 2000, and no team has ever done that in the second half of a Super Bowl before. Just three teams have done it in the second half of any playoff game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35649198/how-patrick-mahomes-chiefs-played-perfect-second-half-super-bowl-2023-nfl-win-jalen-hurts-eagles

Just now, mex said:

Let's give credit to the OL putting it all together.

The Eagles blitzed Mahomes on 33% of his dropbacks.

It was Philly's #2 highest blitz rate in 20 games this year.

Mahomes wasn't sacked once.

I admit I've been one of Wylie's loudest critics ALL YEAR...(and usually for good reason)

But IMO, he played the best game of his KC career. Hats off to him and entire Oline. They should've been the SB MVPs.

Just now, mex said:

Let's give credit to the OL putting it all together.

The Eagles blitzed Mahomes on 33% of his dropbacks.

It was Philly's #2 highest blitz rate in 20 games this year.

Mahomes wasn't sacked once.

I think it bring up an interesting quandary in regards to Wyllie and OBJ and I think Andy Heck has proven himself as well. 

• The title was changed to Good article on our 2nd half domination.
9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think it'd have to be a new contract but I think the  Chiefs should draft a guy and if no one picks AW up give him another 1 year on the cheap. He was pretty mediocre  over all

Let's not go crazy over one game.  He did play very well and I owe him an apology for bad mouthing him earlier this season.  But he had a lot of help with chips and a field with bad footing.  It was one game, the most important, and like MVS, one game doesn't make a huge contract.  Keep him on the cheap but draft his replacement. 

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

Let's not go crazy over one game.  He did play very well and I owe him an apology for bad mouthing him earlier this season.  But he had a lot of help with chips and a field with bad footing.  It was one game, the most important, and like MVS, one game doesn't make a huge contract.  Keep him on the cheap but draft his replacement. 

I owe him an apology, too. I thought Reddick would eat his lunch. The OLine was tremendous. 

There are 3 guys on the roster: Dinnard, Prince, Niang. You'd think Heck could develop at least one of those guys.

17 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

I owe him an apology, too. I thought Reddick would eat his lunch. The OLine was tremendous. 

There are 3 guys on the roster: Dinnard, Prince, Niang. You'd think Heck could develop at least one of those guys.

maybe they just suck or 2 stupid to learn the offense? It'd be a shame but it happens.

I'm certainly not going crazy to suggest another 1 year on the cheap IF no one else picks him up but he did pretty much start all year and through the playoffs so he should have some value to someone and if not just his experience alone and knowledge of the playbook etc should give him an upside here. Since EB wont be giving the Chiefs another comp 3rd this year drafting  the RTOTF wont come cheap in draft capital or in FA

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

maybe they just suck or 2 stupid to learn the offense? It'd be a shame but it happens.

I'm certainly not going crazy to suggest another 1 year on the cheap IF no one else picks him up but he did pretty much start all year and through the playoffs so he should have some value to someone and if not just his experience alone and knowledge of the playbook etc should give him an upside here. Since EB wont be giving the Chiefs another comp 3rd this year drafting  the RTOTF wont come cheap in draft capital or in FA

Prince and Niang have been injured, Dennard is a rookie. I wouldn't call them stupid yet.

4 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Prince and Niang have been injured, Dennard is a rookie. I wouldn't call them stupid yet.

I think Naign is a broke Dick. He took off for Covid and has been hurt ever sense altho he did play  1 snap Sunday at RT after Wylie declared as Eligible during the Toney TD but if  he ant unseat Wylie? I have my doubts. I thought Prince Wango Tango would be it. Thought he was one of those IR guys just used to be stashed until next year but what do I know? 

43 minutes ago, qnet said:

Someone on TV was saying Wiley is a lot bigger than Reddick and if he squared him up he could stop him physically. The sloppy field did help, I saw that on some plays when I rewatched the game. 

I heard somewhere that the field was an  "Experimental Breed"? I mean really? WTF! It looked like they where playing on ice.