EB needs to move on if he ever wants to be a Head Coach

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

There’s definitely something deeper going on.  There’s been way too much success from the Reid tree for a guy to get passed over that many times.  Kafka will be a head coach before Bienemy 

I still wonder if age isnt playing a part in this.  Bengals DC interviewed for the Cards HC and was passed over for the philly DC.  Cincys D performed pretty damn good the last 2 yrs but i think him being 56 is working against him.  Teams want the hot younger coordinators.  

41 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I still wonder if age isnt playing a part in this.  Bengals DC interviewed for the Cards HC and was passed over for the philly DC.  Cincys D performed pretty damn good the last 2 yrs but i think him being 56 is working against him.  Teams want the hot younger coordinators.  

Personally I would have hired the Cincy guy.  Did more with less.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

but you know it's true and as been my fear for a couple of years now. I had actually got to the point to where I believe EB is throwing these interviews biding his time.

I am gonna need all of you to punch yourself in the face until you are sorry for what you said. I actually agree with these crazy ass woke mob and think you fuckers need cancelled. Where is that crazy ass AOC. Repent you evil talkers repent I say.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

but you know it's true and as been my fear for a couple of years now. I had actually got to the point to where I believe EB is throwing these interviews biding his time.

He's the front runner for the OC in Washington so i don't think you have to worry but no matter who you put in there their is going to be a dropoff.  

37 minutes ago, mex said:

I'm not so sure about that. 

Yeah I think Andy is gonna hand over a finished product in Mahomes.  As long as they're a good coach I think it will be fine.  Even EB with a good OC would be fine.  Frankly i think a lot of the EB handwringing by Chiefs fans is a little much.

A QB like Mahomes or Brady makes everyone in the organization better.  That includes the coaches.  Just ask Bruce Arians. 

5 hours ago, mex said:

I'm not so sure about that. 

Its not the game planning or in game decisions that i think a drop off will be seen. Its the leadership he possess.   I am just not sure its realistic to expect to see a first ballot HOF coach retire and not expect at least a little bit of a drop off.  

A different coach maybe does what alot of people  wanted and cut a guy like Clark over the gun charges but that decision ended up paying off in the playoffs.  Would a different coach have had the patience with a guy like Wylie who ended up playing pretty well in the playoffs then played a great game in the superbowl.  Woulda different coach be able to manage all the egos in the room.  

Andys a great game planner and play caller but its its his leadership and how he manages everything that its greatest attribute. Whomever follows him though is going to be put under microscope and every decision that doesnt work is going to get scrutinized and whomever is going to have to be able handle that as well. 

51 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I am just not sure its realistic to expect to see a first ballot HOF coach retire and not expect at least a little bit of a drop off.  

hell I thought we were talking about bieneme :lol: 

4 hours ago, SEMO said:

Agree.  I think that is the whole reason that he came back to KC.  Assist for a couple of years and then hope he is hired to replace Andy.

So Reid stays around a few more years and maybe wins a few more AFCW titles and another SB.  Then Nagy moves into the HC job and the Chiefs go 11-6 and lose in the divisional round.  The howls of the fans, including this board, would be deafening.  Hard to follow a HOF coach/player.  Remember the patience of the Donk fans after Elway retired?

11 minutes ago, mex said:

Not sure I'd have him in the same tier as Patrick...

True, but the point is that HCs have egos and often try to put their stamp on the system.  Nagy probably wouldn't with the Chiefs since he's been a part of the current system but we've seen it happen with other teams.  

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

True, but the point is that HCs have egos and often try to put their stamp on the system.  Nagy probably wouldn't with the Chiefs since he's been a part of the current system but we've seen it happen with other teams.  

He did win coach of the year with a mediocre roster and mitch trubisky at QB using Andy's system.  Before he took the Chicago job Andy called him the best head coaching prospect who'd ever worked for him.  Let's not pretend he's trash.  Plus by the time Andy retires a coach will have to work really hard to screw Pat up.

42 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Curious to know how EB's interview with Washington went? i live in that area and cannot find anything 

hell I'm seeing  shit all over ..try reading the Commanders wire.

he's interviewing again today..if they dont hire him there is something SERIOUSLY wrong