EB needs to move on if he ever wants to be a Head Coach

57 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

hell I'm seeing  shit all over ..try reading the Commanders wire.

he's interviewing again today..if they dont hire him there is something SERIOUSLY wrong

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/17/report-trending-toward-eric-bieniemy-becoming-commanders-offensive-coordinator/

Sounds like it's getting close. I'm happy for the guy. No Reid, no PM15, a HC with a background in defense. This is a PERFECT scenario to show that he can completely run the show on offense.

When you consider the fact that they've already committed to Sam Howell as QB1 next year, Bienemy is going to have an opportunity to absolutely shine if that QB makes real progress.

Nagy will be great here as OC. Pat has always had more of a connection with him than EB anyway.

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/17/report-trending-toward-eric-bieniemy-becoming-commanders-offensive-coordinator/

Sounds like it's getting close. I'm happy for the guy. No Reid, no PM15, a HC with a background in defense. This is a PERFECT scenario to show that he can completely run the show on offense.

When you consider the fact that they've already committed to Sam Howell as QB1 next year, Bienemy is going to have an opportunity to absolutely shine if that QB makes real progress.

Nagy will be great here as OC. Pat has always had more of a connection with him than EB anyway.

agreed and if he does shine it will put Egg on all those teams who passed him over and depending on how their year goes it maybe a firing offense for a GM or two..IF EB can shine in what is the Washington dumpster fire it will be a great thing

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

agreed and if he does shine it will put Egg on all those teams who passed him over and depending on how their year goes it maybe a firing offense for a GM or two..IF EB can shine in what is the Washington dumpster fire it will be a great thing

I mean if you think about it...let's say Washington's offense improves but they underperform and miss the playoffs. You'd have to think he'd be in the driver seat to replace Rivera next offseason.

Rivera hasn't exactly left the fans wanting more in Washington. 

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

Really, I thought his contract is still in play till end of month. 

IIRC I saw that he signed Feb 22/23rd of last year so unless the Skins decide they want him earlier & thet Chiefs wont let him go early then we might get  something but  seriously?

48 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I mean if you think about it...let's say Washington's offense improves but they underperform and miss the playoffs. You'd have to think he'd be in the driver seat to replace Rivera next offseason.

If EB makes a viable offense out of Washington he will have done an incredible job.  They have jack squat at QB.

53 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This exact thought crossed my mind

He ain’t becoming a head coach because hes black. That’s the only logical reason. Just my opinion from the facts:

Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy, being OC under Reid and they didn’t win a Super Bowl. Yet they both got head coaching gigs real quick. 

EB wins TWO Super Bowls as OC under Reid, and isn’t offered a head coaching gig. 

Someone just give him a chance for your sorry ass team. 

22 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

He ain’t becoming a head coach because hes black. That’s the only logical reason. Just my opinion from the facts:

ya don't know what you don't know and you don't know squat

How do you explain the 2 GMs that where Black and hired  since his HC  job interviews started. That's a much bigger step than HC. Texans have hired 3 Black Coaches since then. But here is Jason Whitlocks take

https://www.theblaze.com/fearless/oped/whitlock-baby-mama-culture-and-deion-sanders-explain-eric-bieniemys-failure-to-land-a-head-coaching-job

"

The Houston Texans have hired three black coaches in a row, but the only reason Eric Bieniemy did not get the job is because of racism. Colts owner Jim Irsay, who previously hired Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell as head coaches, signed Shane Steichen because of racism.

The narrative is a joke and a lie.

26 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy, being OC under Reid and they didn’t win a Super Bowl. Yet they both got head coaching gigs real quick. 

EB wins TWO Super Bowls as OC under Reid, and isn’t offered a head coaching gig. 

Sarcasm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 hours ago, arrowhead said:

I hope he gets the job.

They could have an above average offense. Unlike some of you, I think Howell will do well with EB. 

2023 prediction. Commanders win the East.

Hurts, Dak, Jones, Howell.  Hard to see the Commanders winning unless the weak schedule pushes them across.  More likely they draft a new QBOTF. 

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Hurts, Dak, Jones, Howell.  Hard to see the Commanders winning unless the weak schedule pushes them across.  More likely they draft a new QBOTF. 

Rivera can't wait on a QBOTF. He's has to win. They roll with Howell and win the East.

12th ranked D. Mutiple skill players on offense. EB gets it done.