Raiders now favored to win AFC West

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The second would make sense.  Leave where you're comfortable to chase more $$$ and then ask out because you miss the old QB. 

I seem to recall  this very subject being asked and Adams rejecting the notion in no short order. I think his desire was more about being a Raider and Carr was the icing  than the other way around, Rogers going in to a black hole or whatever he's doing I believe is a clue to what's coming  next.

I think it's much like Sean Peyton wearing an Orange Tie  on the pregame show the weekend before his Denver HC job was announced

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I seem to recall  this very subject being asked and Adams rejecting the notion in no short order. I think his desire was more about being a Raider and Carr was the icing  than the other way around, Rogers going in to a black hole or whatever he's doing I believe is a clue to what's coming  next.

I think it's much like Sean Peyton wearing an Orange Tie  on the pregame show the weekend before his Denver HC job was announced

Carr wasn't that bad and Rogers can't fix the Raider defense so I'm not conceding the AFCW to the Raiders yet. 

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The second would make sense.  Leave where you're comfortable to chase more $$$ and then ask out because you miss the old QB. 

Twould be poetic justice if we could pick Adams up cheap for a season... get even with them for poaching Gannon :lol: 

1 minute ago, mex said:

Twould be poetic justice if we could pick Adams up cheap for a season... get even with them for poaching Gannon :lol: 

Chiefs don't need that contract and Mahomes doesn't need that receiver.  Now if Hopkins wanted a shot at a ring and would play on a one year contract................

Just now, jetlord said:

Chiefs don't need that contract and Mahomes doesn't need that receiver.  Now if Hopkins wanted a shot at a ring and would play on a one year contract................

I didn't say we should do it. :lol:  That dude's gonna break someone's bank. I said it would be poetic justice. 

33 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Keenan Allen could potentially be a cap casualty. Maybe he would sign on and finally be exposed to a Super Bowl. 

16 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

could potentially be a cap casualty. Maybe he would sign on and finally be exposed to a Super Bowl. 

He has wreaked havoc soo many times I'd love to have him on our side. And then there is this

The Chargers need to free up over $20 million in cap space this offseason and Allen has become a prime potential candidate to be cut or traded. While there are several reasons against cutting Allen, sometimes in the NFL teams have to make a tough business decision.

If Allen were to be cut by the Chargers then there is no guarantee that he wouldn't sign with the Chiefs. Kansas City does not have the cap space to bring in an expensive WR1 but if he is willing to take a pay cut, and essentially replace Juju Smith-Schuster's cap hit, then it could be a possibility.

If you are Keenan Allen of course you are going to be intrigued by the Chiefs. They have been the most successful team of the last five years and Mahomes is one of very few quarterbacks that would actually be an upgrade from Justin Herbert.