Jerick “The Jet” McKinnon

I got to throw some phase on this man in his own thread. Not only has he been an amazing blocker and receiver all season, but that was the most unselfish play I have ever seen in my life. He gives up a walk-in touch down in the Super Bowl to make sure his team wins. I just don’t know if there are many players that would do that. Love that guy!

4 hours ago, DieHard said:

I got to throw some phase on this man in his own thread. Not only has he been an amazing blocker and receiver all season, but that was the most unselfish play I have ever seen in my life. He gives up a walk-in touch down in the Super Bowl to make sure his team wins. I just don’t know if there are many players that would do that. Love that guy!

It's like he loves to block. I mean he takes on LBs that are 40 lbs heavier and drives them back.

No wonder Patrick loves him... 

I'm guessing Pacheco will get there soon too... he's shown quite a bit of improvement in his pass pro this season

3 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Chiefs better re sign him. He’s a baller and coach for Pacheco. 
CEH will be gone and hopefully we can trade and maybe during draft. 
we got Melvin Gordon and jones and I think they are FA also. 

Dunno, but CEH is under contract and has little trade value.  He may be the RoJo replacement but get more playing time.  McKinnon won't come so cheap next season.  

If he was healthy, he’d have had a much more storied career. I think he is the perfect RB3 / protector back for obvious passing situations. We need a dude who can fall forward for 2 yards every carry and fix 3rd and 2 or 1. CEH, RoJo, Gordon are not that. Would love it if we got a big nasty back.

11 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

If he was healthy, he’d have had a much more storied career. I think he is the perfect RB3 / protector back for obvious passing situations. We need a dude who can fall forward for 2 yards every carry and fix 3rd and 2 or 1. CEH, RoJo, Gordon are not that. Would love it if we got a big nasty back.

We have a guy who falls for 2 yards. Pacheco often falls for 5 yards. RBs are plentiful.

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

He is still a smaller stature guy. I’d love to see a beefy dude in the backfield who is very, very hard to derail.

If you look around the league, it’s not much of a thing anymore. Pop runs big. I’d keep rojo , jet, and draft a guy later. Gordon’s fumbles aren’t going anywhere 

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Will the Chiefs keep McKinnon?  His price will go up after this season since he played well and stayed healthy.  

he deserves a damn good pay raise!  I hope the Chiefs keep him.  he is a hell of a blocker for MVPat, has great hands as a receiver out of the backfield, runs with the passion and ground gainer carrying the ball and good mentor to Pacheco.   

1 hour ago, mex said:

McKinnon’s been rock solid for two seasons. He’s worth a raise. Even if he’s just got a year or two left. 

He’s worth a raise to the chiefs but he’s not gonna get a FA deal that’s any better elsewhere. He’s on the wrong side of 30 and is a utility player.  The value he provides in the chiefs offense isn’t going to be the same anywhere else. It’s a pretty sweet gig currently for both McKinnon and the chiefs. 

7 hours ago, moons314 said:

He’s worth a raise to the chiefs but he’s not gonna get a FA deal that’s any better elsewhere. He’s on the wrong side of 30 and is a utility player.  The value he provides in the chiefs offense isn’t going to be the same anywhere else. It’s a pretty sweet gig currently for both McKinnon and the chiefs. 

Agreed, but he has a lot of value to the Chiefs regardless. He's been an integral part of our offense these last two years.

On 2/16/2023 at 1:13 AM, jetlord said:

Man, we were yelling at the TV for McKinnon not to score.  Obviously, the Eagles D had been instructed to let him walk in.  Smart play by both teams.  Of course, if Butker had missed................................

we have a tie, and go to overtime.. 

had he scored we have to go for two.. and make it.. 

then the eagles get a chance to score and go for two to send it to overtime. 

So no, had he missed it..  we are not in a worse position than if we had scored. 

The if he missed it narrative, is not valid. 

11 hours ago, robgar said:

we have a tie, and go to overtime.. 

had he scored we have to go for two.. and make it.. 

then the eagles get a chance to score and go for two to send it to overtime. 

So no, had he missed it..  we are not in a worse position than if we had scored. 

The if he missed it narrative, is not valid. 

McKinnon made the smart play or more likely, Reid told them to not score.  Philly certainly wasn't going to try to stop them.  If they did score, the Eagles would have had one time out and about a minute and a half to match it.  Not good odds with a run first team although Smith and Brown are good deep threats.  It all turned out okay, but if the Chiefs had tried to score instead of that last kneel down, their odds would have been very good.  Make it and the Eagles have 50 seconds and no time outs.  Not make it and they still kick the FG.  Doesn't matter, the good guys won and all is well. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

McKinnon made the smart play or more likely, Reid told them to not score.  Philly certainly wasn't going to try to stop them.  If they did score, the Eagles would have had one time out and about a minute and a half to match it.  Not good odds with a run first team although Smith and Brown are good deep threats.  It all turned out okay, but if the Chiefs had tried to score instead of that last kneel down, their odds would have been very good.  Make it and the Eagles have 50 seconds and no time outs.  Not make it and they still kick the FG.  Doesn't matter, the good guys won and all is well. 

I heard Andy in an interview say they practiced  that play every Friday never planning on using it of course the had some cute name for it but cant remember what it was