Off Season Moves

I am sorry but I would have to see if Hopkins wants a ring or a bag of money. If it was me I would trade a 3rd and redo his contract. I mean if he wants a ring I think he will give  a discount to a team he feels gives him the bast chance to win one. Give him Clarks money and then find a new DE. But my GOD this offense with Hopkins great holy hell.

2 hours ago, arthur75 said:

I am sorry but I would have to see if Hopkins wants a ring or a bag of money. If it was me I would trade a 3rd and redo his contract. I mean if he wants a ring I think he will give  a discount to a team he feels gives him the bast chance to win one. Give him Clarks money and then find a new DE. But my GOD this offense with Hopkins great holy hell.

Nuts. KC just proved , with Mahomes, you dont need to give any receiver or RB the big bucks let alone some 31. 

KC just won the super bowl with Mahomes using a Brady game plan. Quick passes and short routes. I like it. Hit that deep play on occasion. I also noticed the running game with Pat under center.

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Wait until Hopkins is released and then try to sign him to a short term, get a ring contract.  He would be awesome in the Chiefs offense but not worth breaking the bank. 

Yeah there's no way veach would take on that contract as is.

So who's gone this spring?  I'd start with Henne, Bell, Nnadi, Hardman and MVS.  Might keep MVS if JuJu wants to break the bank.  Not sure it's worth keep a FB unless Andy revamps the run game.  I'd list Clark but there's a chance he can be retained on the cheap.  For all his underperforming, the Chiefs likely would have no SBs without his playoff play.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

So who's gone this spring?  I'd start with Henne, Bell, Nnadi, Hardman and MVS.  Might keep MVS if JuJu wants to break the bank.  Not sure it's worth keep a FB unless Andy revamps the run game.  I'd list Clark but there's a chance he can be retained on the cheap.  For all his underperforming, the Chiefs likely would have no SBs without his playoff play.  

I think Clark will be on this list....Also, possibly Thornhill and Dunlap?

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I expect Toney & Moore to step it up next year. Let JuJu & MVS walk if they want too much. Many JuJu type WRs would love to come here with Mahomes to resurrect their earning power and get a ring. 

I agree. If Toney could stay healthy he would definitely be the #1 WR going into the season. But I don't think the Chiefs will take that risk.

If Juju wants big time bucks, I think we move on and sign another hungry veteran WR and probably keep MVS around for one more year.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Well if guys will take a home town discount I wouldn’t be surprised if Nandi , Bell and Clark are back. McKinnon too. 
juju and hardman are interesting. Don’t know what there asking price will be. 
hioefylky there are players that want to win playoff games instead of money  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Do you think it's a firegonecinckysion Hardman is gone? He didn't have a great year(because of injury) so he may not command a big money contract. But I may be wrong.

I thought I was once...

IF...Bijan Robinson would slip to the middle of the 1st round I'd send a 1st & 2nd to move. Very unlike me to want a RB in the 1st but this guy's different. No way he'll last though. Probably gone by 10. Also a move like this isn't has risky knowing how well Veach drafts beyond the second.  

9 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

IF...Bijan Robinson would slip to the middle of the 1st round I'd send a 1st & 2nd to move. Very unlike me to want a RB in the 1st but this guy's different. No way he'll last though. Probably gone by 10. Also a move like this isn't has risky knowing how well Veach drafts beyond the second.  

It's doubtful that the Chiefs will ever draft a RB in the first round while the present staff is in place.  Difference between a first and third rounder just isn't worth it.  If the guy from KState, Vaughn, lasted until the fourth, it might be interesting to get him to replace McKinnon or CEH. 

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's doubtful that the Chiefs will ever draft a RB in the first round while the present staff is in place.  Difference between a first and third rounder just isn't worth it.  If the guy from KState, Vaughn, lasted until the fourth, it might be interesting to get him to replace McKinnon or CEH. 

Yes. I know but imagine a Saquan Barkley in our backfield. This guy is legit. 

15 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

A third and big bucks. No thank you.

Here is what I see. I see Kelce getting older and losing JUJU who is really just another safety blanket for check downs. If the Cardinals do not cut him before I think March 1st I believe might be wrong but either way they will have to eat 22.1 million of that contract. Just saying if you could get Hopkins for lets say 15 million per would you. With hopkins and a injury free year can you say back to back. But if Hopkins wants an insane amount then pass but for middle of the pack money hell yea.