Off Season Moves

4 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Here is what I see. I see Kelce getting older and losing JUJU who is really just another safety blanket for check downs. If the Cardinals do not cut him before I think March 1st I believe might be wrong but either way they will have to eat 22.1 million of that contract. Just saying if you could get Hopkins for lets say 15 million per would you. With hopkins and a injury free year can you say back to back. But if Hopkins wants an insane amount then pass but for middle of the pack money hell yea.

No. Chiefs dont need a premier receiver on a big contract. They won it all without one. Get another vet looking for a prove it deal and ring. Should be several available. Draft another high ceiling receiver. Spend that money on extending Jones. 

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

No. Chiefs dont need a premier receiver on a big contract. They won it all without one. Get another vet looking for a prove it deal and ring. Should be several available. Draft another high ceiling receiver. Spend that money on extending Jones. 

what about OBJ and the other FA's? CJ is due  $19.5 next year he wont play for less now. I'm no capologist but I'm not seeing how an extension really lessens that hit next year or on down the road. Cant tag  him after that because that'd be a pay cut. It'll be curious to see how this plays out. He's going to want Aaron Donald type $$ + and it's hard to argue he does not deserve it but will Veach Pay it?

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

what about OBJ and the other FA's? CJ is due  $19.5 next year he wont play for less now. I'm no capologist but I'm not seeing how an extension really lessens that hit next year or on down the road. Cant tag  him after that because that'd be a pay cut. It'll be curious to see how this plays out. He's going to want Aaron Donald type $$ + and it's hard to argue he does not deserve it but will Veach Pay it?

My hope is Veach knows how to structure it to get him a contract that looks amazing but ends up being relatively affordable.

Remember when Patrick's contract had the entire football world amazed? Well after this year, he's going to be like the 7th highest paid QB in the league... with 7 years remaining. 

Let's see the current top teams (Cincy, Jax, Philly, etc) deal with that and maintain their rosters... in Veach we trust. 

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

CJ is almost an Aaron Donald cap hit this year and in 2023.  Any extension would help that.  Can't see why they won't get a deal done unless he won't take a backloaded deal again.  Considering he'll see all the $ from the current deal I think there will be numbers that work for both sides.

4 hours ago, arthur75 said:

Here is what I see. I see Kelce getting older and losing JUJU who is really just another safety blanket for check downs. If the Cardinals do not cut him before I think March 1st I believe might be wrong but either way they will have to eat 22.1 million of that contract. Just saying if you could get Hopkins for lets say 15 million per would you. With hopkins and a injury free year can you say back to back. But if Hopkins wants an insane amount then pass but for middle of the pack money hell yea.

JuJu was more than a safety blanket on Sunday.  He was the go to receiver and made a number of first down receptions (5 or 6?).  The Eagles paid the price for blanketing Kelce and Mahomes has learned to not focus on just one or two guys.  

16 hours ago, Boone said:

MVS signed a 3 year contract. He's not going anywhere. 

Probably not. I think I read the deal was structured so the Chiefs could move on fairly painlessly if it didn't work out. Depends if they are remembering AFCCG MVS or the rest of the season.

24 minutes ago, jetlord said:

JuJu was more than a safety blanket on Sunday.  He was the go to receiver and made a number of first down receptions (5 or 6?).  The Eagles paid the price for blanketing Kelce and Mahomes has learned to not focus on just one or two guys.  

Yep and we had him on a 1-year contract for cheap. I bet there's others who could fill that same role... and not be asking 16 million over 4 years