Austin Pettis, Anyone?

Serioulsy, stepping out of bounds with nobody around....

I think we all need to give AJJ a few more chances..

I think he was so surprised he didn't fall down on the catch, that he lost his bearing, and "accidentally" stepped out of bounds.

I mean, he has been catching the ball pretty consistently..so that's a good thing. And Reid seems to trust him, so far.

Maybe he's just a late bloomer, and one day he is going to become a good wr???

I think we all need to give AJJ a few more chances..

I think he was so surprised he didn't fall down on the catch, that he lost his bearing, and "accidentally" stepped out of bounds.

I mean, he has been catching the ball pretty consistently..so that's a good thing. And Reid seems to trust him, so far.

Maybe he's just a late bloomer, and one day he is going to become a good wr???

Agreed. Career backup, but he is head and shoulders better than Baldwin. I like the idea of Pettis, just not sure Jenkins is the guy I sacrifice.

I hate to say it, but my "future stud" Hemingway is making me eat some crow right now. I am not ready to give up on him, but he has a lot of drops and injuries.

Agreed. Career backup, but he is head and shoulders better than Baldwin. I like the idea of Pettis, just not sure Jenkins is the guy I sacrifice.

I hate to say it, but my "future stud" Hemingway is making me eat some crow right now. I am not ready to give up on him, but he has a lot of drops and injuries.

I too picked him to breakout.

Not sure how much stock to put in this, but just browsed the Chiefs' website and noticed that Albert Wilson has surpassed Junior on the depth chart. Guess that drop was the last straw.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart

It has Avery still there despite injury so Hemmingway's hamstring isn't the reason for the demotion. Wilson did make a good catch on a third down (?) conversion against SD.

This is the NFL.  There isn't time to coddle confidence issues for marginal talents.  There is no time to wait for players who show no sign of being NFL caliber backups, yet alone key contributors, to finally have the light come on.

Hemingway and Jenkins are not NFL players and should be gone next year.  I suspect Albert Wilson and Frankie Hammond Jr should join them, but want to see it proven.  Hemingway and Jenkins are in the way of that.

This is the NFL. There isn't time to coddle confidence issues for marginal talents. There is no time to wait for players who show no sign of being NFL caliber backups, yet alone key contributors, to finally have the light come on.

Hemingway and Jenkins are not NFL players and should be gone next year. I suspect Albert Wilson and Frankie Hammond Jr should join them, but want to see it proven. Hemingway and Jenkins are in the way of that.

I agree, you're a PRO, dropping passes is inexcusable. All you do is practice catching passes, running routes, and blocking, really not hard. You've been playing football for half of your life probably too...just blows my mind.

Fact is, some people just cant cut it at the pro level. That's why you replace them w people who can.

This is the NFL.  There isn't time to coddle confidence issues for marginal talents.  There is no time to wait for players who show no sign of being NFL caliber backups, yet alone key contributors, to finally have the light come on.

Hemingway and Jenkins are not NFL players and should be gone next year.  I suspect Albert Wilson and Frankie Hammond Jr should join them, but want to see it proven.  Hemingway and Jenkins are in the way of that.

I disagree. There have been many fine players who took a while to adjust to the pro game. The mark of the consistently good teams (I'm thinking Pats, Steelers) is that they patiently develop their young players. When they pull the trigger faster than bad teams is when the older players begin to decline. 

I disagree. There have been many fine players who took a while to adjust to the pro game. The mark of the consistently good teams (I'm thinking Pats, Steelers) is that they patiently develop their young players. When they pull the trigger faster than bad teams is when the older players begin to decline. 

They develop players worthy of being developed.  Those teams also cut young players who just don't don't have it.  They do it all of the time.  They'll groom someone who has shown something, has a pedigree, or is a special talent.  Like the Chiefs are trying to do with Dee Ford.  He is a "worthy" project

Jenkins is a bust and Hemingway is a never-will-be.  Time to cut bait.

Running out of bounds happens to better people than Jenkins.  Remember when the Vikings Hall of Famer Jim Marshall picked up a loose fumble and ran the wrong way for a Giants touchdown?  Fact is,  Hemingway was supposed to be the guy with the good hands.  Don 't know much about Jenkins but at the moment we don't have anybody any better than this group.

Its more than just running out of bounds.  Jenkins has not shown any tangible sign of improvement.  Neither has Hemingway.  The Chiefs need to find out what Hammond and Wilson have to offer.  Maybe one of them will be the diamond in the rough the Chiefs always seem to be groping for at WR.

Its time to invest in the position this offseason.

Archived