Chiefs FAs: Pay'em or Pass

Brown      5 yrs, $112,146,565      Avg. Salary: $22,429,313    Tag and Trade

JuJu        4 yrs, $58,643,976        Avg. Salary: $14,660,994    Wouldn't pay 14 a year. Im thinking 2 years 9 per year is fair.

Wylie       3 yrs, $14,096,676        Avg. Salary: $4,698,892      Let walk - we got tons of draft picks.

Hardman   4 yrs, $41,558,152      Avg. Salary: $10,389,538    Let Walk

Saunders  2 yrs, $12,830,640      Avg. Salary: $6,415,320      Pay - I don't he costs 6.5 a year though. 

35 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I would not pay JuJu 8 figures. If he stays for 7 or 8 million a year maybe keep him as a #2. The team definitely needs a true #1. Move MVS to WR3.

Brown will probably be tagged and they probably look for his replacement and a replacement for Wylie in the draft.

Hardman is gone. Saunders is meh?

Saunders played well all season.  Not spectacular, but good.  Whether he's finally getting it or just jacked up for a new contract is the question, but I'd say keep him and let Nnadi walk.  No one mentions the DT from Mo. S&T that was out all year.  Is he a factor next year?  

10 hours ago, xen said:

And if we're using the slippery grass excuse not to pay him what is the excuse for him playing so well last half of season and first 2 rounds of playoffs again?  Were all the fields slippery?

I think he got way too much help down the stretch to be paying him that much amount of money. The RBs and TEs were chipping a lot the second half of the season

4 hours ago, DieHard said:

I am not a big Brown fan, but you can’t let a competent LT leave town without a replacement. We ain’t getting that with the 31st pick. Maybe not with the 1st overall pick. Plus we really need to upgrade RT also. The math just doesn’t work. 

How do you know that? W don’t know how the draft has fallen yet. We don’t know who is available at the 31st pick. And you don’t have to be a top 10 pick to be a starter in the league

51 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I would not pay JuJu 8 figures. If he stays for 7 or 8 million a year maybe keep him as a #2. The team definitely needs a true #1. Move MVS to WR3.

Brown will probably be tagged and they probably look for his replacement and a replacement for Wylie in the draft.

I’d rather see Toney and Moore getting more opportunities. 

7 hours ago, Palangi said:

How do you know that? W don’t know how the draft has fallen yet. We don’t know who is available at the 31st pick. And you don’t have to be a top 10 pick to be a starter in the league

Has there been a lot of LTs drafted below pick 30 to start on a Super Bowl team as a rookie?  If not, are we gambling on something that has never ever happened before in the NFL? Does that make sense?

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

Has there been a lot of LTs drafted below pick 30 to start on a Super Bowl team as a rookie?  If not, are we gambling on something that has never ever happened before in the NFL? Does that make sense?

Well honestly, teams that have a sb team usually don't need a LT rookie to start.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

Chiefs will trade up  this year regardless of which position they take but for your consideration

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/OT/1/2023

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Chiefs will trade up  this year regardless of which position they take but for your consideration

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/OT/1/2023

I agree completely. We are the 6th youngest teams and the only 2 teams to start more rookies than us have the top 2 picks. Better to go quality over quantity this year. I am guessing edge or WR will be the first round target.

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

Long story short, your best chance for success when picking a tackle is round 1 from a power 5 school with a lot of starts.

image.png

As you might expect, tackle ranks second only to quarterback in the median pick of its star players and its first-round percentage. Of the 27 Pro Bowl/All-Pro tackles, 14 were drafted within the first 15 overall picks. Dismiss the value of a backup swing tackle at your own peril, but if you want to swing for upside, it’s basically first round or bust. There have actually been more undrafted Pro Bowl tackles (three) than Pro Bowl tackles drafted in Rounds 4 through 7 (two, at least until Jordan Mailata makes it).

14 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Totally agree. Chiefs can replace Ju Ju if he’s not willing to take what’s offered 

7 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Totally agree. Chiefs can replace Ju Ju if he’s not willing to take what’s offered 

I don't think Juju will take 7-8 mil per year. Mainly cause I think there are teams that will offer him more, possibly double that. We still need a #1 WR, so I'm thinking we'll sign another Vet FA WR.

We do need a true #1 WR so who knows..

6 hours ago, DieHard said:

Well geez if you preface it that way I guess Joe Thomas wasn’t a very good LT.  He never started in a Super Bowl. And neither did Willie Roaf. 

but we all watched Geno Smith have a career year with TWO rookie starting tackles. 

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Well geez if you preface it that way I guess Joe Thomas wasn’t a very good LT.  He never started in a Super Bowl. And neither did Willie Roaf. 

but we all watched Geno Smith have a career year with TWO rookie starting tackles. 

That’s fair. What I meant is that we are in SB run time with the best QB ever. It is not the time to roll the dice and David Carr or Andrew Luck the man. The 4-12 Browns taking Thomas with the 3rd overall pick is not really the same thing.

24 minutes ago, DieHard said:

That’s fair. What I meant is that we are in SB run time with the best QB ever. It is not the time to roll the dice and David Carr or Andrew Luck the man. The 4-12 Browns taking Thomas with the 3rd overall pick is not really the same thing.

Fair enough. 
definitely a gamble. The draft always is no matter where you pick.