Interesting little factoids.

We all know the Chiefs won their 7th straight division title this past season. It is the longest streak ever amongst AFC West teams...and tied for the 2nd longest such streak in the NFL. Did you know that the Chiefs, Broncos, Chargers and Raiders all have exactly 15 division titles? It reinforces the fact that until Andy Reid showed up, after SB 4 this franchise had little more than a few blips of success.

This last division title was so satisfying. Lots of doubters. One analyst picked the Chargers and even called Herbert the best QB in the division. What the crap? I give props to Rich Eisen for owning up to his horrible preseason prediction of the Raiders. Most just go on and pretend like they were with the Chiefs all along.

5 hours ago, dhitter said:

We all know the Chiefs won their 7th straight division title this past season. It is the longest streak ever amongst AFC West teams...and tied for the 2nd longest such streak in the NFL. Did you know that the Chiefs, Broncos, Chargers and Raiders all have exactly 15 division titles? It reinforces the fact that until Andy Reid showed up, after SB 4 this franchise had little more than a few blips of success.

This is such a good point, and I noticed that also. The Chiefs just caught up with the rest of the division, as far as winning it,; since Reid arrived.  Another note is, I have always been impressed with the Raiders & Broncos playoff record compared with the Chiefs. Now looking back I realize that the Raiders after being dominated by the Chiefs for so long (other than when than the Gruden years the1st time around)  hadn't made the playoffs, so their record was intact. That record was built in the 70 & 80's when the Chiefs sucked. The Chiefs playoff record was 8-11 for a long time, it's now 20 & 21.

The Playoff winning  is still behind the Raiders and Broncos, but it's catching up fast. The Pats were almost the same way, now it's way better than the rest of of AFC East,  obviously since Bellichik & Brady. 

One playoff game, a loss, between 1971 and 1990, also losses.  Yet we stayed fans and supporters for all those years only to witness more playoff losses in the Shott and Vermeil years when the Chiefs were favored at times.  One and four under Reid before Mahomes.   No wonder that so many remain skeptical even when the team is in "dynasty" mode.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

One playoff game, a loss, between 1971 and 1990, also losses.  Yet we stayed fans and supporters for all those years only to witness more playoff losses in the Shott and Vermeil years when the Chiefs were favored at times.  One and four under Reid before Mahomes.   No wonder that so many remain skeptical even when the team is in "dynasty" mode.  

It's all pretty amazing. I had actually pulled back from following the Chiefs and visiting this forum  pre Mahomes.  I still rooted for them when I could watch a game, but had given up that they would ever make it to the SB any time soon. When they drafted Mahomes that immediately  peeked my interest since they hadn't drafted a QB in the 1st round in years. 

I remember most on here being excited about the pick, but don't think anyone expected this.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

That's pretty much where I get it from. The Frank Ganz years et al.

Clark sucks.

24 minutes ago, qnet said:

It's all pretty amazing. I had actually pulled back from following the Chiefs and visiting this forum  pre Mahomes.  I still rooted for them when I could watch a game, but had given up that they would ever make it to the SB any time soon. When they drafted Mahomes that immediately  peeked my interest since they hadn't drafted a QB in the 1st round in years. 

I remember most on here being excited about the pick, but don't think anyone expected this.  

I did.  I'm a regular Nostradumbass though.