1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Definitely Naggy IMO. I wouldn’t worry about what he looked like in Chicago. Like you said, this is Andy’s offense.

Nagy was a party animal on the bus during the parade. He was the guy that worked a lot with Mahomes. I think he is a fantastic choice for OC and the Chiefs next HC when Reid retires. Thats why he is back.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

I think he is a fantastic choice for OC and the Chiefs next HC when Reid retires. Thats why he is back.

I'm down with OC.  Not convinced on head coach thing.  He started strong in Chicago and gradually got worse and worse.  I'm not sure what all the causes were, but it's a concern for me.  

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I'm down with OC.  Not convinced on head coach thing.  He started strong in Chicago and gradually got worse and worse.  I'm not sure what all the causes were, but it's a concern for me.  

Yes but he probably learned a few things. Plus he did not have the KC Culture, Support Team, Veach, Hunt and of course Mahomes. I think Hunt likes continuity and Nagy and Mahomes work well together.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Yes but he probably learned a few things. Plus he did not have the KC Culture, Support Team, Veach, Hunt and of course Mahomes. I think Hunt likes continuity and Nagy and Mahomes work well together.

No, but he becomes the KC culture to a large extent.  That's the point.  Their drafting was poor while he was there.  It's always a debate how much to blame the coach for that.  Trubisky did not flourish under him.  Don't know how much of that is on coaching.  

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

No, but he becomes the KC culture to a large extent.  That's the point.  Their drafting was poor while he was there.  It's always a debate how much to blame the coach for that.  Trubisky did not flourish under him.  Don't know how much of that is on coaching.  

Andy brought in his guys from Philly. Andy had lots of experience and some failings too. Nagy went to another world and it is proven that Trubisky sucks. 

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Andy brought in his guys from Philly. Andy had lots of experience and some failings too. Nagy went to another world and it is proven that Trubisky sucks. 

It's not proven that trubisky doesn't suck because he spent his first 3 years with Nagy getting worse every year.  I think none of us knows much.  Lots of good coordinators are not good head coaches.  His Chicago time is not necessarily proof either way, but it's a valid question. 

24 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I wouldn't worry about that. Remember Belichick got thrown out of Cleveland before he landed in NE. The Browns fans labeled him "Belichoke." 

Good coaches learn from experience.

11 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I wouldn't worry about that. Remember Belichick got thrown out of Cleveland before he landed in NE. The Browns fans labeled him "Belichoke." 

And some don't. That's the point.  There's room for concerns and questions. 

34 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

And some don't. That's the point.  There's room for concerns and questions. 

The real point is that there's no guarantees.  Some good coaches just aren't cut out to be HCs, some grow into it, some hit the ground running are are successful long term.  I wouldn't mind Nagy getting another shot when Reid retires.  It's been said that success starts with the owner and goes through the GM, HC, and QB.  The Chiefs have all those in place now and no one knows if Nagy can step in without breaking the chain.  No one knows who else could. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

The real point is that there's no guarantees.  Some good coaches just aren't cut out to be HCs, some grow into it, some hit the ground running are are successful long term.  I wouldn't mind Nagy getting another shot when Reid retires.  It's been said that success starts with the owner and goes through the GM, HC, and QB.  The Chiefs have all those in place now and no one knows if Nagy can step in without breaking the chain.  No one knows who else could. 

There might not be guarantees, but there are characteristics that a head coach must possess.  I think that's true with the head of any organization.  Guys like Reid, Parcells, Vermeil and Shula win year after year, team after team, owner after owner.  Romeo sucks everywhere.  McDaniels is looking like a good coordinator, bad coach.  Ain't nobody here knows much about his head coaching ability and the fact that BB had success with a new job is irrelevant.  Jim Plunkett won a Super Bowl at 36 after a terrible career.  That's not the norm and not a justification for going after old terrible quarterbacks.  Nagy might be really great.  I just am not sold yet that he'd be my first choice.  

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Bilichick sucked coaching the Browns When that time comes unless there is a better option available at the at time Nagy in my opinion is the heir apparent but hopefully that's another 3-5 years down the road..Hell Kafka may also be in the running

If its 3 too 5 down the road then Nagy might not even be here as their is a possibility he could be a HC somewhere else unless he starts turning them down which.   I really hope they just don't automatically give it to him.  

2 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

If its 3 too 5 down the road then Nagy might not even be here as their is a possibility he could be a HC somewhere else unless he starts turning them down which.   I really hope they just don't automatically give it to him.  

Good Points.

I never see this Team automatically give anybody anything. You earn it. Do they give people chances? Sure. CEH was inactive because other guys were playing better. The Chiefs know Nagy well. Reid could be gone soon or last 10 more years. Nice to have someone ready to go if its soon.

5 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Imagine stepping into the Chiefs HC job with Mahomes and a young roster along with a good owner and top GM.  Compare that to the Donks HC job. 

Imagine stepping into the Chiefs HC job with Mahomes and a young roster along with a good owner and top GM.  Compare that to the Donks HC job. 

Yep.

I will say that the Donkeys hired a good coach that will get the best out of Wilson. They dont need Wilson to be an MVP. Just move the ball and dont turn it over. The defense should still be decent. Denver should be in the hunt for a playoff spot next season.

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yep.

I will say that the Donkeys hired a good coach that will get the best out of Wilson. They dont need Wilson to be an MVP. Just move the ball and dont turn it over. The defense should still be decent. Denver should be in the hunt for a playoff spot next season.

So the AFCW next year will be what was predicted this year?  LVS gets a QB and the Chiefs will be luck to finish third if the media is consistent. 

So the AFCW next year will be what was predicted this year?  LVS gets a QB and the Chiefs will be luck to finish third if the media is consistent. 

I never care what the talking heads are saying. Never. Its all BS. That said Denver should be better. They lost a lot of close games with a complete idiot as a coach. Payton may bring an NFC run it first approach. He has already shown he is in charge.

If the Chiefs have the blessings of good health they have had for awhile they should win their usual 80% of games. Hard to believe. 80%.

Note: I think Andy needs Mahomes more than Mahomes needs Andy. Thats not a knock on Andy.

49 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I mentioned this in another thread.  If the Broncos scored exactly 18 points in regulation every game, they would have won 11 games.  

3 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Also, great coaches don't do very well in shitty organizations.