42 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

And Nagy would be more successful in KC than CHI with Veach as well. But we all know, it's Mahomes. 

It's not just Mahomes though.

It's the organization too.

They were able to trade away for Patrick, then pay him, then continue to draft and work FA well over the next 4 years. 

Takes more than just a great QB to do what the Chiefs have done.

Ask Marino.

3 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I wouldn't worry about that. Remember Belichick got thrown out of Cleveland before he landed in NE. The Browns fans labeled him "Belichoke." 

Good coaches learn from experience.

I love making fun of bill as much as anyone.  But he took over a 3-13 browns team and had an 11 win playoff team in year 3.  They won a playoff game and had the number 1 defense in the league.  Nagy did the opposite. Started 12 and 4 and got worse every year.  

10 minutes ago, mex said:

So who WOULDN'T bring concerns and questions.

I didn't say you can't hire Nagy. I said I think it's fair to look at his time in Chicago and decide what went wrong.  I personally don't know if they were well coached. I don't know if they had lots of penalties and discipline problems.  I don't know how he put together a staff or managed it.  I said I'm not sure he's the guy.  I didn't say I'm sure he's not the guy. 

10 minutes ago, mex said:

So who WOULDN'T bring concerns and questions.

I didn't say you can't hire Nagy. I said I think it's fair to look at his time in Chicago and decide what went wrong.  I personally don't know if they were well coached. I don't know if they had lots of penalties and discipline problems.  I don't know how he put together a staff or managed it.  I said I'm not sure he's the guy.  I didn't say I'm sure he's not the guy. 

7 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

You can say that again!

Pretty sure Clark, Brett and Andy have that all worked out.

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

No, but he becomes the KC culture to a large extent.  That's the point.  Their drafting was poor while he was there.  It's always a debate how much to blame the coach for that.  Trubisky did not flourish under him.  Don't know how much of that is on coaching.  

To be fair has Trubisky flourished under anyone?   

Interesting thing about Nagy is he went 12-4 his first year with the Bears, then went 8-8 the next two seasons, and 6-10 the last. He would have been better off staring 6-10 and progressing in the other direction, vs.starting off so good.  That's even if they would have gave him a chance. I think some of these teams pull the trigger too fast.