Good Luck in DC Eric Bieniemy

it's certainly not a "lateral move" If I where Veach I'd lobby for at least 1 comp pick but still not sure IF he technically was under contract or not

In Washington, Bieniemy has a bigger job, adding the title of assistant head coach. He also will indeed run the offense, since head coach Ron Rivera’s background lands on the defensive side of the ball.

Bieniemy may not have much time to make an impact, given that the teams is for sale. If a new owner decides to make wholesale changes as soon as next year, Bieniemy will have something he wouldn’t have had in Kansas City.

A buyout.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Take it easy on EB.  He either has to live in DC or face the worst commute in the country.  Not good choices. 

That's what I'v heard. Years ago, when my company along with other Airlines were having a hard time; I had a chance to transfer to DC. Not sure how it would have worked out, but I'm glad I stayed were I am now. 

On 2/18/2023 at 5:40 PM, oldtimer said:

it's certainly not a "lateral move" If I where Veach I'd lobby for at least 1 comp pick but still not sure IF he technically was under contract or not

In Washington, Bieniemy has a bigger job, adding the title of assistant head coach. He also will indeed run the offense, since head coach Ron Rivera’s background lands on the defensive side of the ball.

Bieniemy may not have much time to make an impact, given that the teams is for sale. If a new owner decides to make wholesale changes as soon as next year, Bieniemy will have something he wouldn’t have had in Kansas City.

A buyout.

Does assistant head coach mean anything in terms of the official role? If we get any picks out of this that would be sweet but not getting my hopes up. For now I'm glad we moved on, let others get a shot.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/lesean-mccoy-i-m-rooting-for-eric-bieniemy-but-he-had-nothing-to-do-with-chiefs-pass-game/ar-AA17Ltvv?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=609ba958140f47ee8addb0fb662db77c

LeSean McCoy: I’m rooting for Eric Bieniemy, but he had nothing to do with Chiefs’ pass game

“What’s his value? What makes him a good offensive coordinator? The problem is, a lot of these people that go on social media, ‘He should be the guy for the job,’ they haven’t played there,” McCoy said. “I’ve been in the rooms where he’s coaching and he has nothing to do with the pass game at all. When the plays are designed, that’s Andy Reid. When you talk about offensive coordinators, I can tell you what makes Brian Daboll with the Giants a very good coordinator. I can tell you about Andy Reid or Doug Pederson. But Eric Bieniemy, what makes him good? When we watch the film of practices and we correct the wide receivers, the running backs, the quarterbacks, he doesn’t talk in there. Andy Reid talks in there.”

https://twitter.com/CutonDime25/status/1627830754846871554

Take. McCoy really rips into EB. The above comments are mellow compared to how he really feels. 

Just now, AFCWEST said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/lesean-mccoy-i-m-rooting-for-eric-bieniemy-but-he-had-nothing-to-do-with-chiefs-pass-game/ar-AA17Ltvv?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=609ba958140f47ee8addb0fb662db77c

LeSean McCoy: I’m rooting for Eric Bieniemy, but he had nothing to do with Chiefs’ pass game

“What’s his value? What makes him a good offensive coordinator? The problem is, a lot of these people that go on social media, ‘He should be the guy for the job,’ they haven’t played there,” McCoy said. “I’ve been in the rooms where he’s coaching and he has nothing to do with the pass game at all. When the plays are designed, that’s Andy Reid. When you talk about offensive coordinators, I can tell you what makes Brian Daboll with the Giants a very good coordinator. I can tell you about Andy Reid or Doug Pederson. But Eric Bieniemy, what makes him good? When we watch the film of practices and we correct the wide receivers, the running backs, the quarterbacks, he doesn’t talk in there. Andy Reid talks in there.”

https://twitter.com/CutonDime25/status/1627830754846871554

Take. McCoy really rips into EB. The above comments are mellow compared to how he really feels. 

shady is a punk... the end

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

shady is a punk... the end

He may be? That still does not discount what he is saying. EB has failed to get any real traction as a HC. My bet is when McCoy states he is a foul mouthed guy that talks down to players he is saying what others will not share but know to be true. 

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Don't think he said anything out of line there.  He's not wrong.  The wall for EB is theres no passing game background.

I think it's sour grapes 

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

He may be? That still does not discount what he is saying. EB has failed to get any real traction as a HC. My bet is when McCoy states he is a foul mouthed guy that talks down to players he is saying what others will not share but know to be true. 

it seems to be not that well unknown here's an interview wit Adam Teicher about EB to  a DC talk guy. JMO  but Shady couldn't handle the truth

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/21/kansas-city-chiefs-insider-tells-what-commanders-are-getting-in-eric-bieniemy-sam-howell-terry-mclaurin/

AT: “The Commanders are getting a guy who, player after player over the years, has told me is detail-oriented down to the most minute of details.”

AT: “He is a coach who is known to ride his players kinda hard, and that rubs some players the wrong way. Particularly some veteran players have not appreciated that part of his coaching

AT: “He does not let things slide, and you hear that from a lot of people. He is not afraid to throw a guy out of a drill if he is not getting it done the way Bieniemy wants.”

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

I think it's sour grapes 

it seems to be not that well unknown here's an interview wit Adam Teicher about EB to  a DC talk guy

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/21/kansas-city-chiefs-insider-tells-what-commanders-are-getting-in-eric-bieniemy-sam-howell-terry-mclaurin/

AT: “The Commanders are getting a guy who, player after player over the years, has told me is detail-oriented down to the most minute of details.”

AT: “He is a coach who is known to ride his players kinda hard, and that rubs some players the wrong way. Particularly some veteran players have not appreciated that part of his coaching

AT: “He does not let things slide, and you hear that from a lot of people. He is not afraid to throw a guy out of a drill if he is not getting it done the way Bieniemy wants.”

Yeah but that's not why he wasn't getting hired.  That's not a secret. Lots of coaches ride guys.

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think it's sour grapes 

it seems to be not that well unknown here's an interview wit Adam Teicher about EB to  a DC talk guy. JMO  but Shady couldn't handle the truth

So other owners may be aware of this too. Its easy to find support and non support online. So yes it could be McCoy being as you call it a punk. Yet it could be well known on the inside and not discussed openly. I think McCoy is also slamming social media experts. LOL Im not taking sides on this. Nobody really knows. Two sides to every story. Maybe 10 sides in this case.

34 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

So other owners may be aware of this too. Its easy to find support and non support online. So yes it could be McCoy being as you call it a punk. Yet it could be well known on the inside and not discussed openly. I think McCoy is also slamming social media experts. LOL Im not taking sides on this. Nobody really knows. Two sides to every story. Maybe 10 sides in this case.

Maybe your right. It could be that EB's coaching style is more like Gen Patton than it is Mr Rogers and that rubs some maybe even most veteran players wrong IF they have been exposed to a coach say like Andy. It could be that the casual  watcher of this saga gets all bent because of they think his lack of  HC hiring success is because of fill in the ______  all while never witnessing or being on the wrong end of EB's coaching style. That in  itself could be what's wrong with EB  and it came through  either in the interview OR by the interviewer doing some research  with ex players...who knows?

I guess time will tell.

In regards to Shady. He was a subpar RB for 1 year 3 years ago for the Chiefs  so he really has no idea if EB's influence remained the same or had progressed since his  short  mediocre  tenure with the Chiefs.

There are a tons of articles  referencing Andy's and Ls's relationship here's another insight full article  and it seems Andy's relationship was not all that good wit McCoy in Phili.. Seems to me McCoy just might be  hard to get along with but TJMO

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-report/kc-chiefs-hc-andy-reid-responds-to-lesean-mccoys-eric-bieniemy-criticism#gid=ci02a2396

1 minute ago, xen said:

I mean you gotta think Andy rubbed off on him.  I don't know, I'm grasping a bit here I guess.  

you'd hope that maybe Andy  sensing EB's shortcoming might  show him the ropes to get him a job on down the road  all the while helping the team

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/tyreek-hill-weighs-lesean-mccoy-185141071.html

Chiefs Wire

Tyreek Hill weighs in on LeSean McCoy’s beef with former Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy

Former Kansas City Chiefs players are coming out of the woodwork to weigh in on LeSean McCoy’s recent comments about Eric Bieniemy.

McCoy believes that Bieniemy, now assistant head coach and offensive coordinator of the Washington Commanders, will fail in his new role. Players like Tyrann Mathieu, Jamaal Charles, Ron Parker and now Tyreek Hill have taken exception to McCoy’s comments about the former Chiefs RB coach and offensive coordinator.

Hill played with McCoy in Kansas City in 2019 and seems to suggest this vendetta is personal in nature.

“Shady mad (Eric Bieniemy) told him (to) tuck that ball,” Hill tweeted with a crying emoji.

McCoy always held the ball rather loosely during the course of his NFL career. He fumbled the ball three times during the 2019 NFL season, including fumbles in losses to the Colts in Week 5 and the Packers in Week 8.

One of McCoy’s issues seemed to be with Bieniemy “cussing out” players and veterans at that. It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that he got an earful from Bieniemy after those fumbles and is harboring some sort of resentment because of it as Hill suggests. Andy Reid even said as much when McCoy first started making comments about Bieniemy publicly.

“I think, sometimes, it’s hard on a veteran player,” Reid said. “Maybe their performance level isn’t what it used to be. It’s hard to take sometimes. But (Eric Bieniemy) has got to push it and try to maximize what you’ve got. That’s one of his strengths. He’s no different than he is when he’s with you guys. He’s going to come in and shoot you straight. Sometimes you want to hear it, sometimes you don’t.”