Here's an OC twist. I did not know this

I thought this was just for an HC job.  Lets try to keep it this out of the Locker Room please

the Chiefs are expected to promote senior assistant and quarterbacks coach Matt Nagy to OC, though the Chiefs will need to satisfy the NFL’s Rooney Rule and interview an external minority coaching candidate for the OC gig.

2 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

While everbody knows its going to be Nagy its also a good chance to interview someone that wasn't on their radar before but might prove useful down the road.  

I agree with this. It was always said that Mike Tomlin was not really on the Steeler's radar until his interview blew them away..ya never know what might happen.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I thought this was just for an HC job.  Lets try to keep it this out of the Locker Room please

the Chiefs are expected to promote senior assistant and quarterbacks coach Matt Nagy to OC, though the Chiefs will need to satisfy the NFL’s Rooney Rule and interview an external minority coaching candidate for the OC gig.

changes to the rule include requiring interviewing at least two external minority candidates for head coaching vacancies and one external minority candidate for coordinator positions.

11 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

changes to the rule include requiring interviewing at least two external minority candidates for head coaching vacancies and one external minority candidate for coordinator positions.

so pretty much what Mex said. I dont pay much attention to all that but I appreciate the update

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Like, if Nagy was black, we’d STILL have to interview an external person?

I don't think they interviewed anyone before promoting EB but the rule changed rather recently. However I doubt NFL would want to complicate the appointment of a minority coach.