Shady Throwing Shade

Remember, this is coming from a booger eater.

McCoy, of course, has a history of criticizing Bieninemy. Last May, he said that he didn’t return to the Chiefs because after the 2019 season because of a personality clash with Bieniemy.

“I’m going to say this,” McCoy said. “There’s a reason why every year they hype him up to get a coaching job — head coach or offensive coordinator job — somewhere else and he don’t get one.”

“Some players, he talks to them a certain way — and some players will take it,” said the retired two-time All-Pro. “I wouldn’t take it — like, ‘Whoa.’

“Some questions I would ask, everybody is accountable. That’s why he’s not. Because he’s is a Black coach? That’s not the reason. The reason is ... I won’t get into that.”

The rest of the story: Former Chiefs running back LeSean McCoy says Eric Bieniemy doesn’t have the skills to succeed with Commanders - Arrowhead Pride

50 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Remember, this is coming from a booger eater.

McCoy, of course, has a history of criticizing Bieninemy. Last May, he said that he didn’t return to the Chiefs because after the 2019 season because of a personality clash with Bieniemy.

“I’m going to say this,” McCoy said. “There’s a reason why every year they hype him up to get a coaching job — head coach or offensive coordinator job — somewhere else and he don’t get one.”

“Some players, he talks to them a certain way — and some players will take it,” said the retired two-time All-Pro. “I wouldn’t take it — like, ‘Whoa.’

“Some questions I would ask, everybody is accountable. That’s why he’s not. Because he’s is a Black coach? That’s not the reason. The reason is ... I won’t get into that.”

The rest of the story: Former Chiefs running back LeSean McCoy says Eric Bieniemy doesn’t have the skills to succeed with Commanders - Arrowhead Pride

Honestly he's saying what a lot of us have thought and said.  We have the number 1 offense in the world and also a thread hoping to get rid of the OC.  That's telling.  

51 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Honestly he's saying what a lot of us have thought and said.  We have the number 1 offense in the world and also a thread hoping to get rid of the OC.  That's telling.  

Meh... McCoy's best play was the fumble-rooskie... he's got sour grapes because EB called him out on it.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Doesn't change the fact that nobody here thinks he contributed much to the offense.    

That's because we all know Andy calls the plays. That's not a slam on EB.  It's not because folks don't think he WOULD have contributed, had Andy been willing to give him the wheel.

Most on this forum just want things to continue... Andy calling plays is worthy of continuing. 

Eric Bienemy has auditioned for 15 head coaching jobs. He is a minority coach from one of the most successful offensive programs in the NFL.....and he can't get a HC job? Either the NFL is colluding against him or he is perceived as a pretender. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

That's because we all know Andy calls the plays. That's not a slam on EB.  It's not because folks don't think he WOULD have contributed, had Andy been willing to give him the wheel.

Most on this forum just want things to continue... Andy calling plays is worthy of continuing. 

Fair enough.  But I think if you give him the wheel, we take a significant step back.  

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Eric Bienemy has auditioned for 15 head coaching jobs. He is a minority coach from one of the most successful offensive programs in the NFL.....and he can't get a HC job? Either the NFL is colluding against him or he is perceived as a pretender. 

Yeah, there's something we don't know that has prevented him from getting a HC job. 

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Or... or... bear with me now... there are factors of which you are unaware.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Fair enough.  But I think if you give him the wheel, we take a significant step back.  

The thing I was not comfortable with, was when he and Patrick were heatedly arguing on the sideline. I have no idea why that was and I know Patrick is really competitive... but that's never a good thing. 

33 minutes ago, mex said:

The thing I was not comfortable with, was when he and Patrick were heatedly arguing on the sideline. I have no idea why that was and I know Patrick is really competitive... but that's never a good thing. 

I'm thankful for his contributions and happy for him.  And hopeful and believing that his absence will be a nonevent.  

22 minutes ago, mex said:

I think his past might have something to do with it. 

Matt Patricia was arrested for sexual assualt that if you read about it was closer to rape.  Didn't stop the lions from not caring in todays culture.  

IMO its a combo of few things,  having a football god at QB his entire tenure as OC,   and never really knowing how much Mahomes is making him look good, being a bad interview and i still think his age is working against him.  Most first time HCs are in that 35 to 40 yr old range and he is probably the offensive version of Gunther.  Add in teams make stupid decisions all the time that's why they stay bad franchises. I don't think you can point to any one thing for all 16 teams.  Early on it might have been a bad interview for other teams they might have thought Mahomes is the only reason he was even being considered.  Others wanted the young Andy Reid.