Did the Titans just help us?

Well, my plan would not be to sign him, but to use him as leverage to make OBJ see that there are options out there, cheaper options if he doesn't sign the RIGHT deal.  No way I pay him 23 Mill/year after he sucked for like the first 10 games this year until he realized oh shit, I am killing my value, I'll play now.  Then he gets paid and does that shit again.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Patrick loves Wylie. So does Andy.

He ain't going anywhere.

Love him all they want, if they see he is not up to par per game film, stats etc and there is an upgrade out there...... Andy will move on. Not saying they don't bring him back as depth or a swing tackle etc. I just think if you gave to plan help all the time on his side with chipping, you are losing a player that could be schemed into the play instead of helping. Andy and the rest has to see him for what he is, depth and a spot starter if needed.

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Love him all they want, if they see he is not up to par per game film, stats etc and there is an upgrade out there...... Andy will move on. Not saying they don't bring him back as depth or a swing tackle etc. I juat think if you gave ti plan help all the time on his side with chipping, you are losing a player that could be schemed into the play instead of helping. Andy and the rest has to see him for what he is, depth and a spot starter if needed.

He's been a starter for two straight seasons, and his performance has improved big time. I'm no expert, but y'all are delusional if you think they're looking to dump him, especially if OBJ is in question. Now, if he asks for more money than he's worth, that's a different story. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

He's been a starter for two straight seasons, and his performance has improved big time. I'm no expert, but y'all are delusional if you think they're looking to dump him, especially if OBJ is in question. Now, if he asks for more money than he's worth, that's a different story. 

I'd rather spend money on a better rt if one is there for it. Wylie was one of the worse at allowing pressures on a qb. I would have to see the penalties and sacks given up, but he was in need of help a lot of the time on his side. An improved player that is still a liability is not one you want protecting Mahomes.

Wylie was 60th out of 81 tackles per PFF rating. I know I don't always agree with it but it does show where he lands.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/t

Wylie surrendered nine sacks and 49 total pressures over the season. His spot is an obvious area for Kansas City to upgrade in 2023.

ouch! And this is with him getting help too at times. That is 2.88 pressures per game with .52 sacks allowed per game. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2022-nfl-offensive-line-rankings

57 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I'd rather spend money on a better rt if one is there for it. Wylie was one of the worse at allowing pressures on a qb. I would have to see the penalties and sacks given up, but he was in need of help a lot of the time on his side. An improved player that is still a liability is not one you want protecting Mahomes.

I'm not disagreeing there are better RTs out there.

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

There's still hope for Niang.  He started over Wylie in 2021 until hurt and has upside.  Maybe he won't fully recover and he does have slow feet, but still a step up from this year if he does recover.  

he'll be a $1.2M Cap hit and has played  19 games since being drafted 3 years ago. He's probably worth keeping around 1 more year and then being let go  at only a $200K cap hit if he fails again to be what was hoped. IF he gets let go this year post June 1  the Chiefs are on the Hook for $780K

https://overthecap.com/player/lucas-niang/8836

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

he'll be a $1.2M Cap hit and has played  19 games since being drafted 3 years ago. He's probably worth keeping around 1 more year and then being let go  at only a $200K cap hit if he fails again to be what was hoped. IF he gets let go this year post June 1  the Chiefs are on the Hook for $780K

https://overthecap.com/player/lucas-niang/8836

I know you aren't a fan, but having a player of his caliber to step in if Wylie leaves ( please god let him leave) is a pretty big deal. He was an extremely good player in college and the Chiefs had a 2nd round grade on him. 

Personally I don't see a player that loves football. He opted out his rookie year and has had issues with conditioning. But there are a lot of players who don't love the game. They do it because they are good at it and it pays better than Hardees.

18 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I know you aren't a fan, but having a player of his caliber to step in if Wylie leaves ( please god let him leave) is a pretty big deal. He was an extremely good player in college and the Chiefs had a 2nd round grade on him. 

Personally I don't see a player that loves football. He opted out his rookie year and has had issues with conditioning. But there are a lot of players who don't love the game. They do it because they are good at it and it pays better than Hardees.

I agree with  you in the respect that Wyle in many of our eyes  is not worth what  some may say he might get. We all hope Veach see's the same thing. In Regards to Naing you are right I am not a fan and think his lack "love of the game" is detrimental to his performance. That being said I have to wonder how many play that dont love the game that last through training camp. It's not as if he has Bo Jackson type Athleticism and can succeed at 50%. I guess time will tell.

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Didn't Niang perform pretty well for a first year player in 2021?  Not saying that he's the solution at RT, but should be a cheaper upgrade over Wylie as the starter there.  If the Chiefs know he won't be back 100%, they will act accordingly.  

I dont know did he?

Just saw a mock where a swing Tackle from Tennessee Darnell Wright is mocked to us with our first pick At 6'6" 335 he's got the size. At only $1.2M  LN is too cheap to just give up on and Cap Savings  are meh