Did the Titans just help us?

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

Kinnard will be the starting RT. Take it to the bank.

Based on what?  All the talking heads say he'll be backup IOL, maybe replacing Allegretti.  Of course, talking heads are usually wrong, but Kinnard didn't impress with his footwork in last season's TC.  Can that be improved if it's not natural?  

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Based on what?  All the talking heads say he'll be backup IOL, maybe replacing Allegretti.  Of course, talking heads are usually wrong, but Kinnard didn't impress with his footwork in last season's TC.  Can that be improved if it's not natural?  

I'm Nostradamus. 

21 hours ago, jetlord said:

There's still hope for Niang.  He started over Wylie in 2021 until hurt and has upside.  Maybe he won't fully recover and he does have slow feet, but still a step up from this year if he does recover.  

Until he can prove otherwise....Niang is the epitome of a wasted pick. We've had him how many years? And how many games has he missed? Dude hasn't proven he can do jack squat. I want him to emerge as a strong RT. But his history speaks a different tune. He needs to step up or go away.

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Until he can prove otherwise....Niang is the epitome of a wasted pick. We've had him how many years? And how many games has he missed? Dude hasn't proven he can do jack squat. I want him to emerge as a strong RT. But his history speaks a different tune. He needs to step up or go away.

Not saying he's the answer, but are you saying he didn't play better than Wylie at RT in 2021?  He got hurt subbing at LT when Brown was out.  I agree that skipping a year was a dumb move but we don't know all the issues.  My only point was that Niang might be able to hold down the job if the Chiefs don't find a suitable replacement for Wylie. 

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Not saying he's the answer, but are you saying he didn't play better than Wylie at RT in 2021?  He got hurt subbing at LT when Brown was out.  I agree that skipping a year was a dumb move but we don't know all the issues.  My only point was that Niang might be able to hold down the job if the Chiefs don't find a suitable replacement for Wylie. 

Didn't he skip the rookie season with an injury? COVID was the official excuse but the talk was that he was injured and would already miss most of the season, if not all. 

I liked him better than Wylie in 2021 but also Wylie progressed quite well for a veteran. I still think Niang has better upside and should be able to overtake at RT if he actually improved but I'm not sure if the staff already trusts him to do so. I wouldn't mind if he ends up being a decent swing tackle, which is a critical need as well.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Didn't he skip the rookie season with an injury? COVID was the official excuse but the talk was that he was injured and would already miss most of the season, if not all. 

I liked him better than Wylie in 2021 but also Wylie progressed quite well for a veteran. I still think Niang has better upside and should be able to overtake at RT if he actually improved but I'm not sure if the staff already trusts him to do so. I wouldn't mind if he ends up being a decent swing tackle, which is a critical need as well.

He did and it did not cost us a year of him towards his contract. That year allowed him to get up to speed on the playbook and heal up.

Wild idea. Not saying this is what happening but what if…..

both our LT and RT are on roster already?

Niang at LT. I know this will scare some but if he is fully healthy and ready to go he is an elite pass protector. Has good size and length. I know he got hurt playing LT but that might have just been a fluke. 

Kinnard at RT. Had some struggles in preseason but also showed flashes. Was the SEC top lineman his senior year. Has good size and great length. Has spent the year working technique and getting his body more NFL ready. Him and Trey would make a nasty right side

Price as swing tackle. Has played LT and RT for us. Good size and length. Very athletic and strong. 

LT- Niang

LG- Thuney

C - Humphrey

RG- Smith

RT- Kinnard

I'm curious as to what Veach, Reid and Heck "really" think of our offensive tackles. Is it about talent or is it about money? According to ESPN analytics...the Chiefs had the #1 unit in pass block win rate this past year. They went 14-3 and won the Super Bowl. How much are they gonna want to tear that up and put in new pieces? Would I be shocked if they found a way to keep the Oline intact in order to make another run? I would not.

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Wild idea. Not saying this is what happening but what if…..

both our LT and RT are on roster already?

Niang at LT. I know this will scare some but if he is fully healthy and ready to go he is an elite pass protector. Has good size and length. I know he got hurt playing LT but that might have just been a fluke. 

Kinnard at RT. Had some struggles in preseason but also showed flashes. Was the SEC top lineman his senior year. Has good size and great length. Has spent the year working technique and getting his body more NFL ready. Him and Trey would make a nasty right side

Price as swing tackle. Has played LT and RT for us. Good size and length. Very athletic and strong. 

LT- Niang

LG- Thuney

C - Humphrey

RG- Smith

RT- Kinnard

Interesting, but I don't see that happening.  My guess, and only a guess, is that Brown is tagged and plays in KC for another year which gives the Chiefs a grace year to find his replacement.  Kinnard just doesn't have the footwork to play tackle.  Can he learn?  Brown supposedly worked on his last off season and it didn't show up much in his play.  So it's Niang unless Wylie doesn't get a good offer from another team.  Meanwhile, the Chiefs have to obtain and train replacements.  This fall, I'd expect Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith, and Niang.  Niang has to more cheap years and didn't play that poorly in 2021.  His injury then was one that was expected to keep him out for a year at least so I wouldn't use his lack of PT this past season as a guide.  If the Chiefs find a good FA or get an OT early in the draft, then it all changes.  

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Interesting, but I don't see that happening.  My guess, and only a guess, is that Brown is tagged and plays in KC for another year which gives the Chiefs a grace year to find his replacement.  Kinnard just doesn't have the footwork to play tackle.  Can he learn?  Brown supposedly worked on his last off season and it didn't show up much in his play.  So it's Niang unless Wylie doesn't get a good offer from another team.  Meanwhile, the Chiefs have to obtain and train replacements.  This fall, I'd expect Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith, and Niang.  Niang has to more cheap years and didn't play that poorly in 2021.  His injury then was one that was expected to keep him out for a year at least so I wouldn't use his lack of PT this past season as a guide.  If the Chiefs find a good FA or get an OT early in the draft, then it all changes.  

For sure. That’s why I said it was a wild idea.  I don’t believe that is what will happen. I do think Niang is in the future plans though

30 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I'm curious as to what Veach, Reid and Heck "really" think of our offensive tackles. Is it about talent or is it about money? According to ESPN analytics...the Chiefs had the #1 unit in pass block win rate this past year. They went 14-3 and won the Super Bowl. How much are they gonna want to tear that up and put in new pieces? Would I be shocked if they found a way to keep the Oline intact in order to make another run? I would not.

I think Niang will replace Wylie. But I could see the rest staying the same

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

He did and it did not cost us a year of him towards his contract. That year allowed him to get up to speed on the playbook and heal up.

That’s the year we lost the SB because Fish and Schwartz went down. Would have been nice to have him. I think he played ok, but you can’t depend on him to play a full season.