Karlaftis interview

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

Decent kid and looks quite humble. Will only get better and that'll be trouble for quite a lot of QBs.

I like the fact that he's more than just a pure pass rusher, definitely held his ground against the run as well.

A very good #2 DE, but the Chiefs still need to find their version of a Bosa, Watt, or Miller.  Clark wasn't it except in the playoffs and he's probably gone anyway. 

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

A very good #2 DE, but the Chiefs still need to find their version of a Bosa, Watt, or Miller.  Clark wasn't it except in the playoffs and he's probably gone anyway. 

the hazards of picking in the 30's ya jus aint gonna find them types and I dont see Veach making another Clark type trade

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

the hazards of picking in the 30's ya jus aint gonna find them types and I dont see Veach making another Clark type trade

It does happen. There are those DE types that fall or go in the 2nd round or later. Hell one of the best finds for a late pick was Jared Allen in the 4th round. One off the top of my head lately was Calais? Campbell picked up by Arizona in the 2nd.

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

It does happen. There are those DE types that fall or go in the 2nd round or later. Hell ine if the best finds for a late pick was Jared Allen in the 4th round. O e off the top if my head lately was Calais? Campbell picked up by Arizona in the 2nd.

anything does happen I'll grant you that but the odds of something like that are not good, that being said  if anyone can find that player it's Veach. We may have it already and just don't know yet. Karlaftis rookie year and Jared's are not THAT different. The defensive Roster is pretty equal except for  Jones of course  and the DC was Gunther which is a similar style. Eric Hicks was on the other side which  he and Clark where both 5 sack guys Jared's rookie year

I hope Veach keeps throwing numbers at DE and WR.  We should be drafting one of each in just about every draft.   Like OT stated, it's going to be very difficult to find a stud DE where we draft but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.   Maxx Crosby (4th), Hendrickson (3rd), Matt Judon (5th), Hargrove (3rd), Houston (3rd He would never fall that late in recent years though), Ngakoue (3rd), and Josh Sweat (4th).   I know for every one of these guys there are 4-5 Joshua Kaindohs but its not like there aren't any mid-round studs at DE in the I molest collies on the regular..  We just have to be committed to drafting them until we find one.