A Guy Can Dream

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

If this is a dream thread, move up and get RB Bijan Robinson. 

I mean if you're gonna waste a pick on a RB, Jahmyr Gibbs gives you the complimentary 3rd down back to Pacheco.  Robinson just takes away snaps from Pacheco.  Even in a dream I'm not wasting a pick on either one.

3 hours ago, xen said:

This is a really good year for tight ends.  Decent DLine year as well.

I said it before, on going after Kittle when he slid, I think we should look at LaPorta out of Iowa. With our lack of passing attack, he still put up good numbers. He is around 250 but could add 5 to 10 pounds on him. Not a blazing speed, above average at best but he makes the tough catches with good yac. Also a willing blocker coming out of the pro set iowa uses. I do wish we had traded for Hockensen though, Vikings stole him in the trade imo.

Starting to feel nobody realizes how good and how game changing a RB that Robinson is. We can get many serviceable RBs that will be successful with Mahomes in mid to late rounds like Pacheco.  Robinson is different. Everyone wonders what would it be like w/ Jamaal Charles in this offense? Well here he is. We give up a couple picks and still have 9 or 10 for Veach to work his magic. 

47 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Starting to feel nobody realizes how good and how game changing a RB that Robinson is. We can get many serviceable RBs that will be successful with Mahomes in mid to late rounds like Pacheco.  Robinson is different. Everyone wonders what would it be like w/ Jamaal Charles in this offense? Well here he is. We give up a couple picks and still have 9 or 10 for Veach to work his magic. 

Starting to feel like you forget that every time we take the ball out of Mahomes' hands, it is a win for the other team.  Run it situationally and to get the other teams out of certain looks, otherwise put the ball in Pat's hands.  None of that requires an all-world RB.

24 minutes ago, xen said:

Starting to feel like you forget that every time we take the ball out of Mahomes' hands, it is a win for the other team.  Run it situationally and to get the other teams out of certain looks, otherwise put the ball in Pat's hands.  None of that requires an all-world RB.

Leave me alone. I'm in "A guy can dream" thread. Having said that, imagine how effective Mahomes would be with the threat of having the best RB in the league. Capable of the house on every carry. Flat passes, screens and wheels. But I'll repeat. Imagine Mahomes with Jamaal Charles. @Calichief, where you at?

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Leave me alone. I'm in "A guy can dream" thread. Having said that, imagine how effective Mahomes would be with the threat of having the best RB in the league. Capable of the house on every carry. Flat passes, screens and wheels. But I'll repeat. Imagine Mahomes with Jamaal Charles. @Calichief, where you at?

Which round was Charles drafted in?  How about Hunt?  Any guesses on Priest?  If any lesson has been learned by Veach, it should be that the Chiefs don't need no stinkin' first round RB, much less trade up for one.  Where do you think Robinson would go in the draft?  What draft capital would it take to move up to get him there?  I agree that a running threat adds to the Mahomes effectiveness.  I disagree that the Chiefs need to waste valuable first or second round picks on one.  

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

How many rings Charles win us again?  I'll take your answer off the air.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Long as we're dreaming, I'd take JSN this year... or maybe Marv Harrison Jr next. Never gonna happen, but we'd get either on the cheap for 3 years, then trade... 

23 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If you and KKuenn were running the Chiefs' draft, they'd have nothing but Ohio State and Iowa players.  🙂

Yeah but in this case I'd agree I'd love to see us get either of those guys but especially MHJ.  Kid's a freak

14 hours ago, jetlord said:

If you and KKuenn were running the Chiefs' draft, they'd have nothing but Ohio State and Iowa players.  🙂

Naaa, I know iowa and just know our needs and what we have at iowa. I doubt we can get Van Ness and do we need a ILB like Campbell, who I think is a better version than Josey Jewell? Not much else going on for Iowa than those 3 for earlier rounds. Later picks could be had for Riley Moss ar CB or Merriweather at S. Both will depend on the combine numbers but are not bad picks in later rounds. 

Chiefs Wire

Chiefs WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling recruiting former Packers teammate Allen Lazard

As for Lazard’s fit in Kansas City, he could be an option should the team be unable to retain JuJu Smith-Schuster. The 6-5 and 227-pound receiver can do a lot of the same dirty work in the middle of the field that Smith-Schuster did this season to take some pressure off of Travis Kelce. He’s also an absolute bully as a blocker, which you know will catch the attention of Andy Reid.

As mentioned earlier, Lazard is coming off a career year with 60 receptions for 788 yards and six touchdowns in Green Bay. Over The Cap currently projects he’ll earn a contract with a $10.8 million-per-year average, but it’s possible he could be enticed by an incentive-laden contract similar to the one that Smith-Schuster signed a season ago.

I had a dream Willie Roaf, John Alt, DT, Dale Carter, Albert Lewis, Deron Cherry, Otis Taylor and Jamaal Charles — all in their prime — were just added to the roster. 

This was just before the dream in which I answered the door and was met with Scarlett Johansson, holding a bottle of claret in one hand and the keys to a 1966 Shelby Cobra in the other. 

7 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I had a dream Willie Roaf, John Alt, DT, Dale Carter, Albert Lewis, Deron Cherry, Otis Taylor and Jamaal Charles — all in their prime — were just added to the roster. 

This was just before the dream in which I answered the door and was met with Scarlett Johansson, holding a bottle of claret in one hand and the keys to a 1966 Shelby Cobra in the other. 

JC or Priest? Man I think I would take Priest. Hell evem a young Marcus Allen too as a change of back and his ability to get small amd get those tough yards on 3rd and short.

9 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Charles. Best RB the Chiefs ever had. 

I mean he has better stats because he played for us much longer from 2008 to 2016. He did have a couple ACL injuries that took time away but man, priest had a couple years too due to spinal injury in 2005, missed 2006 and tried to come back, but had to retire in 2007. Here from 2001 to 2007. So roughly from 2001 to 2004......Holmes totaled 6,070 yards and 76 touchdowns on the ground and 251 grabs for 2,377 yards and seven scores through the air.

JC is great, availability during the time of all but a couple years put him as our leading rusher of all time. His stats: finished his Kansas City career with 7,260 rushing yards (the all-time franchise record), 43 rushing touchdowns, 285 catches, 2,457 receiving yards, and 20 receiving touchdowns. 

I mean Priest had a lot of receptions, rushing yards plus TDs for a much shorter playing time. I still say a healthy Priest would be better but a good problem to have if you had to decide which is better.

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I mean he has better stats because he played for us much longer from 2008 to 2016. He did have a couple ACL injuries that took time away but man, priest had a couple years too due to spinal injury in 2005, missed 2006 and tried to come back, but had to retire in 2007. Here from 2001 to 2007. So roughly from 2001 to 2004......Holmes totaled 6,070 yards and 76 touchdowns on the ground and 251 grabs for 2,377 yards and seven scores through the air.

JC is great, availability during the time of all but a couple years put him as our leading rusher of all time. His stats: finished his Kansas City career with 7,260 rushing yards (the all-time franchise record), 43 rushing touchdowns, 285 catches, 2,457 receiving yards, and 20 receiving touchdowns. 

I mean Priest had a lot of receptions, rushing yards plus TDs for a much shorter playing time. I still say a healthy Priest would be better but a good problem to have if you had to decide which is better.

1. Priest played behind the best OL in NFL history. If Jamaal had that line he would be in the HOF

2. It’s my dream. Now, excuse me; Scarlett is popping the cork and we’re about to go for a spin. 

41 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Guess you would like the Locked on Chiefs podcast today.  They traded up for JSN.

I think he's going to be undervalued... because he missed his entire last season.

We might have a shot.

MHJ next year? Not so much. He'll be top ten.