A Guy Can Dream

22 hours ago, mex said:

I think he's going to be undervalued... because he missed his entire last season.

We might have a shot.

MHJ next year? Not so much. He'll be top ten.

Hey, I have no problem with drafting a good WR, even from a mid-major like OSU.  The thing is, the Chiefs proved this last season that they can have the top offense without the top WR.  They proved two years ago they can't win without an OT.  They have shown that a pass rush makes all the difference in close games.  So an OT or EDGE just seems to be the higher priority at this time.  If they keep Brown and Clark and believe Niang is ready to reach his potential, then a WR to replace JuJu might make sense.  Otherwise, fix the lines.  JMHO

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Hey, I have no problem with drafting a good WR, even from a mid-major like OSU.  The thing is, the Chiefs proved this last season that they can have the top offense without the top WR.  They proved two years ago they can't win without an OT.  They have shown that a pass rush makes all the difference in close games.  So an OT or EDGE just seems to be the higher priority at this time.  If they keep Brown and Clark and believe Niang is ready to reach his potential, then a WR to replace JuJu might make sense.  Otherwise, fix the lines.  JMHO

Also, another good safety to replace Thornhill, maybe. Maybe a FA. As far as edge, I think Karlaftis is going to develop really well, probably an order of magnitude very soon. I really wouldn't like to have one of those smaller 250 lb guys with great feet and technique.  I think they just get beat up too quickly.

On 2/26/2023 at 4:28 PM, xen said:

Starting to feel like you forget that every time we take the ball out of Mahomes' hands, it is a win for the other team.  Run it situationally and to get the other teams out of certain looks, otherwise put the ball in Pat's hands.  None of that requires an all-world RB.

Agree. I don't think it makes much sense to use a high draft pick for a RB, when you have basically a passing offense. Lower, yes. The RB's merely need to be credible in our kind of offense.  I would rather see us go for a great TE prospect who can relieve Kelce and study under him for a year ot two. I'm just not sure, yet, that Noah Gray can't be that guy.  He just needs more playing time and more targets.

22 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Agree. I don't think it makes much sense to use a high draft pick for a RB, when you have basically a passing offense. Lower, yes. The RB's merely need to be credible in our kind of offense.  I would rather see us go for a great TE prospect who can relieve Kelce and study under him for a year ot two. I'm just not sure, yet, that Noah Gray can't be that guy.  He just needs more playing time and more targets.

This would be a great year to pick up a tight end.  I know we have other needs but I think you could extend Kelce's career if you share the workload more amd I don't think u can count on Fortson to stay healthy and I'm not sure if Gray is just a guy or not.  Probably the best tight end class in a decade.

1 hour ago, xen said:

This would be a great year to pick up a tight end.  I know we have other needs but I think you could extend Kelce's career if you share the workload more amd I don't think u can count on Fortson to stay healthy and I'm not sure if Gray is just a guy or not.  Probably the best tight end class in a decade.

Grey looks fast. He’s just never schemed into deeper patterns. When he gets he seems ready to kill people. Maybe a little polish and some more targets. I like him. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

No Doubt! I would love drafting a stud TE. 
After kelce there is quite a drop off to grey. 
Mismatches! Yah baby! 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Meh. Not saying they don’t have more pressing needs, but if they want a good edge guy or safety, or RT... they’ll need affordable WRs. It would be great to pickup a WR who can contribute immediately alongside Skyy (who will definitely be contributing next year) and who will be cheap for the next 3-4 years.

2 hours ago, xen said:

I like gray... he’s got size and attitude. And some damned good hands.

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Grey looks fast. He’s just never schemed into deeper patterns. When he gets he seems ready to kill people. Maybe a little polish and some more targets. I like him. 

Yeah, he is fast and hard to bring down.  Seems to have good hands.  I don't remember him dropping any passes or fumbling the ball.  He hasn't shown great YAC, but he has always been used on shorter routes in traffic, so there is no way to really know about that. On a team without Kelce, I think he would be a big time starter by now. The only real question mark for me is that I don't know anything about his blocking. The only real question mark for me is that I don't know anything about his blocking. For me, that's kind of a Gray area.