Chris Jones

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

And they're working on an extension for Tyreek. Everything on Facebook is true.

Actually if you listened to the Andy and Veach Combine interview it is hard not to think Clark will be  back

57 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Actually if you listened to the Andy and Veach Combine interview it is hard not to think Clark will be  back

I don't think they let Brown go. He gets the franchise tag. That has to happen by March 7. Spotrac shows the Chiefs over the cap by about $500,00. Brown's cap hit with the tag will be $19.9 mil. Maybe they get a deal done in a week and that could change things.

Jones deserves to be paid. 

Designating Clark a post June cut creates about $21 mil. Bring him back at a vet minimum deal.🤪

Reworking Mahomes' contract can create about $30 mil.

Not sure what other players than can rework or release.

They need to be under or at the cap by March 15.

The Chiefs should keep Clark at a lower rate, extend Jones, and draft a DE and DT.  Clark would rotate with the new DE and Jones, Saunders, and maybe Wharton rotate with the new DT.  With Dana and Karlaftis, the D line could be acceptable and if the Chiefs strike gold in the draft, they'll be set for a couple of seasons.  Maybe bring in another stop gap like they did with Dunlap.  

Another argument for paying Jones is we were second in the league in sacks. We have 1 DE with more than 5 and he had 6. Without the wrecking machine out there, those numbers go down and we go from 2 in sacks back to late 20s I am afraid. Jones and Brown just can’t leave town. 

27 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs should keep Clark at a lower rate, extend Jones, and draft a DE and DT.  Clark would rotate with the new DE and Jones, Saunders, and maybe Wharton rotate with the new DT.  With Dana and Karlaftis, the D line could be acceptable and if the Chiefs strike gold in the draft, they'll be set for a couple of seasons.  Maybe bring in another stop gap like they did with Dunlap.  

What do you think of Danny Shelton? Former 1st round pick, now on practice squad. My question would be why he couldn't crack the game day roster. He has to have some talent.

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Bingo! Kinda what I was thinking but you expressed it quite nicely...lol.

18 hours ago, arrowhead said:

What do you think of Danny Shelton? Former 1st round pick, now on practice squad. My question would be why he couldn't crack the game day roster. He has to have some talent.

No opinion.  If he was all that much, why didn't he play last season?  Nnadi wasn't all that effective so there was a need for Shelton.  Guess only the coaches have an answer.  

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

No opinion.  If he was all that much, why didn't he play last season?  Nnadi wasn't all that effective so there was a need for Shelton.  Guess only the coaches have an answer.  

Naidi flashed in one of the playoff games. Got a sack I believe. 
Gotta give him a little love for that. 

On 2/28/2023 at 4:22 PM, DieHard said:

Love Jones. A beast and classy.

A veteran in a Super Bowl showing the trash talkers how winners act.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:08 PM, arrowhead said:

That might be what the coaches tell him.  He IS large. The question is if he can contribute to pass pressure or if he is just a big run stopper. If the latter, he is just an occasional early down rotating player or a short yardage guy against good running teams. Anybody with a middle name of Saileupumoni is either an enigma or a new kind of ice cream flavor.