2 minutes ago, mex said:

I just watched some replays of last year... CEH is a good ballplayer. If he's not injured, and if it doesn't cost too much to keep him, that's what I'd prefer.

But he is an EXCELLENT back... Veach might be able to pry some draft picks out of someone in need of a multi-purpose back.

only in his rookie contract  he's cheap

As a person who wanted to deal CEH last season for a 4th or 5th obviously if we can get a 7th for him now trade him. If we can't just cut him. The guy was complaining before the super bowl that he has been healthy enough to play yet they didn't activate him. Chiefs don't need a malcontent around, especially if at best they will be the 3rd back on the roster.

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

As a person who wanted to deal CEH last season for a 4th or 5th obviously if we can get a 7th for him now trade him. If we can't just cut him. The guy was complaining before the super bowl that he has been healthy enough to play yet they didn't activate him. Chiefs don't need a malcontent around, especially if at best they will be the 3rd back on the roster.

What third back will be familiar with the offense and cheaper?  They still have to cut a deal with McKinnon and find a third RB.  CEH just may be the best option for one season.  

On 2/28/2023 at 10:33 AM, mex said:

He gone.

He really disappointed me.  He is one of those guys who is great in college, but just doesn't translate to the NFL.  He just seems to bounce off of big guys on the line of scrimmage for no gain waaaay too often for me. Mahomes wanted him desperately.  Mahomes should hold his opinion more and leave things to Veach.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He really disappointed me.  He is one of those guys who is great in college, but just doesn't translate to the NFL.  He just seems to bounce off of big guys on the line of scrimmage for no gain waaaay too often for me.

He didn't disappoint me... but we kinda blew a good pick on him.

Go back and rewatch some of his games from last year and earlier this year... he's a damned good athlete... I hope Veach can shop him around. He's got another year... on the cheap. He's not a bad option esp if McK or Pacheco are out.

4 minutes ago, mex said:

Go back and rewatch some of his games from last year and earlier this year... he's a damned good athlete... I hope Veach can shop him around. He's got another year... on the cheap. He's not a bad option esp if McK or Pacheco are out.

He has a thrilling run just often enough to keep looking at his possible future. But he simply gets swallowed up at the line of scrimmage too much.  He was touted as a great receiver, but there must be a reason Mahomes does not target him.  I really don't know much about him in pass pro.  I think we can do better and get something around a 4th rounder for him, since he was a 1st round pick. Sometimes it's better to cut bait and fish somewhere else.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

He has a thrilling run just often enough to keep looking at his possible future. But he simply gets swallowed up at the line of scrimmage too much.  He was touted as a great receiver, but there must be a reason Mahomes does not target him.  I really don't know much about him in pass pro.  I think we can do better and get something around a 4th rounder for him, since he was a 1st round pick.

Yep... it would be great to squeeze a 4th or maybe even a 3rd for him... to some needy team... he's still cheap... and young... wouldn't hurt anyone's cap. Lot of teams would think they got a steal getting a guy like him in the 3rd round.

7 minutes ago, mex said:

Agreed, he was actually doing really well.  He just can't stay healthy.  At this point the 1st rd pick is a sunk cost.  Fans need to get over it.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Agreed, he was actually doing really well.  He just can't stay healthy.  At this point the 1st rd pick is a sunk cost.  Fans need to get over it.

Yep and if healthy, he could offer a needed boost to some team in need. I'd love to see us get a 3rd for his cheap contract.

14 hours ago, xen said:

5th probably on a good day.

You're dreaming.  Why would any team give up a fifth for a RB who is average at best.  How many RBs really dominate a game?  Henry?  Chubb?  How have their teams done lately?   If the Chiefs got an offer of a seventh, they would be lucky.  CEH has more value as a cheap backup than as draft capital.  

40 minutes ago, jetlord said:

You're dreaming.  Why would any team give up a fifth for a RB who is average at best.  How many RBs really dominate a game?  Henry?  Chubb?  How have their teams done lately?   If the Chiefs got an offer of a seventh, they would be lucky.  CEH has more value as a cheap backup than as draft capital.  

I said on a good day, however it does appear teams are calling.  

Screenshot_20230305_122148_Chrome.jpg

Trade him if the opportunity presents itself. The kid has zero vision and he's constantly in the tub. If you can't, well it depends on his attitude about being the 3rd string back. It's another deep-as-hell class for RBs this year so there will likely be another crop of late gems. I wouldn't be keeping CEH's seat warm, that's for certain.