NFL Combine 2023 thread

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

all I got out of that is that we'll see Frank Clark restructured. My thinking probably between $9 & $10M since his dead cap hit is $7.6M . He's the Chiefs' version of the Jelly of the Month Club

“Clark’s the gift that keeps on giving, Clark.”

image.jpeg

All the hubbub has been on Bryce Young going #1 or close. Listed at 6’ with all the tools... speed, arm strength, smarts.

Will not attend the combine, will only do Bama’s pro day. 

Now we know why. He’s not 6’.

He’s 5-10... two inches shorter than Brees. Not sure he’ll go that fast... 

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

all I got out of that is that we'll see Frank Clark restructured. My thinking probably between $9 & $10M since his dead cap hit is $7.6M . He's the Chiefs' version of the Jelly of the Month Club

It makes too much sense as long as Frank agrees.  He should, he won't get anymore than that anywhere else plus he has already stated that he likes living in KC and so does his family.   Also, I don't think we can add anyone with his experience for 2.5 million.   

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Probably be a lot of incentives like this year. Think he earned like 6.5 in incentives.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

It makes too much sense as long as Frank agrees.  He should, he won't get anymore than that anywhere else plus he has already stated that he likes living in KC and so does his family.   Also, I don't think we can add anyone with his experience for 2.5 million.   

He won't be arrested for carrying in Mo.  

12 hours ago, xen said:

Probably be a lot of incentives like this year. Think he earned like 6.5 in incentives.

He should be named Easy $$ because that's what he gets &  between that and JuJu's extra $5M that's a cap issue in itself I'd think

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

He should be named Easy $$ because that's what he gets &  between that and JuJu's extra $5M that's a cap issue in itself I'd think

It depends on how the incentives are structured and whether they are NLTBE or not.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Impressive, but is he a Spags sized guy?  Sounds like a 3-4 type OLB.  

Get Campbell at MLB then....

40-Yard Dash
Seconds
10-Yard Split
Seconds
Vertical Jump
37.5’’
Broad Jump
10’ 8’’
3-Cone Drill
Seconds
20-Yd Shuttle
Seconds

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Nolan Smith.  6' 2".  238 pounds.  

4.39 forty yard dash.  Good lord.  

I'm much more impressed by Adebawore running 4.49 at 282 pounds with a 1.61 split.

Much more of a Spags type as well as he can reduce to the interior and Spags loves him some ends that can play inside.

26 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

So I guess we should not draft one since Bolton is here? Chenal anyone? Come on, if the guy falls and is bpa you would just pass on him? Say he is there in the 3rd round, Nah we have Bolton....

I figured there are other holes that could be filled I just don’t see taking a LB that high. Not when we have 3 guys on roster a head of him already and we play with only 2 LBers 80% off the time. 
i wouldn’t mind talking a guy in the 5th or 6th round though. 

40 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

So I guess we should not draft one since Bolton is here? Chenal anyone? Come on, if the guy falls and is bpa you would just pass on him? Say he is there in the 3rd round, Nah we have Bolton....

Okay to go for the BPA if it's A POSITION OF NEED!  How about the best OT, EDGE, WR, or even S (if Thornhill isn't extended)?  Would you take a QB if he was the best player available at #31?