How far will this guy fall?

16 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Hes regarded as the first or second best player in the draft. I'm not sure why he would lie about something like this, but as long as he stays clear of any charges I don't think he gets out of the top 5-8 picks. 

I mean he has a warrant out so doubt he isn't charged.

I don't think a guy like Houston would ever fall in todays game for those reasons.    Hard to tell if this will tank Jalen's stock value, it surely won't help, but he might slip to 10 maybe.   The charges are misdemeanors, but it's the choices and decision making leading up to the draft that is more concerning.    What are you doing out at 2-3am in the morning drunk and racing?   Still, his talent is undeniable and someone will take the risk.   

Joe you are right we can dream of Jalen and CJ lining up next to each other......👀

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't think a guy like Houston would ever fall in todays game for those reasons.    Hard to tell if this will tank Jalen's stock value, it surely won't help, but he might slip to 10 maybe.   The charges are misdemeanors, but it's the choices and decision making leading up to the draft that is more concerning.    What are you doing out at 2-3am in the morning drunk and racing?   Still, his talent is undeniable and someone will take the risk.   

Joe you are right we can dream of Jalen and CJ lining up next to each other......👀

My parents asked me the same thing but then I probably had a cooler car No photo description available.

According to a source that works for a team in the top five of the draft, speaking on the condition of anonymity, Carter’s situation is firmly in the “wait and see” portion of the draft proceedings as teams receive more information on Carter’s involvement in the crash.

Another source told Yahoo Sports that the blunt truth of the matter is Carter may not fall at all if the two misdemeanors are the extent of what happens legally. “He’s one of those players that is special enough to survive something like this if this is the worst of the news,” the source told Yahoo Sports.

4 minutes ago, mex said:

Bet you wish you still had it... that's my all time fave.

in a way yes but not sure what I'd do with it way out here. I'd sure like to grab a gear it it one more time.

We'd used to put the ride alonger dead center in the back seat and when I'd grab a mean 2nd gear the 8 track would out fly  at em out of the player..freaked the F out of many a person.

21 hours ago, oldtimer said:

in a way yes but not sure what I'd do with it way out here. I'd sure like to grab a gear it it one more time.

We'd used to put the ride alonger dead center in the back seat and when I'd grab a mean 2nd gear the 8 track would out fly  at em out of the player..freaked the F out of many a person.

matthew mcconaughey GIF

Being found guilty of the misdemeanors could open him up to 1st-degree manslaughter charges. He'll fight it with everything he's got available to him.

I'm doubting the courts are going to push this through before the draft either. He's going to drop but the talent is undeniable. How big of a gamble will a team take?

Remember, La'el Collins was supposed to be a top-15 pick and didn't get drafted. The end potential circumstance isn't that much different... someone died and this guy may or may not be a party to it. 

7 hours ago, kccrow said:

Being found guilty of the misdemeanors could open him up to 1st-degree manslaughter charges. He'll fight it with everything he's got available to him.

I'm doubting the courts are going to push this through before the draft either. He's going to drop but the talent is undeniable. How big of a gamble will a team take?

Remember, La'el Collins was supposed to be a top-15 pick and didn't get drafted. The end potential circumstance isn't that much different... someone died and this guy may or may not be a party to it. 

How? He wasn't even in the vehicle that wrecked and resulted in fatalities. He was driving a separate vehicle. 

56 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

How? He wasn't even in the vehicle that wrecked and resulted in fatalities. He was driving a separate vehicle. 

depends on the State Law. Right now it appears to me is that the DA is doing the shotgun affect and seeing what shot hits their targets.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

There's precedent for it. Mostly, if reckless driving results in another having to perform an evasive maneuver that results in their death, you can be found guilty of manslaughter.

5 minutes ago, kccrow said:

There's precedent for it. Mostly, if reckless driving results in another having to perform an evasive maneuver that results in their death, you can be found guilty of manslaughter.

oh agree 100%.