10 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

I know you're an Iowa fan, whats your take on that DL Lukas Van Ness? Would he be a good fit for KC and do you think he'll be around when they pick? I've been hearing his name quite a lot lately.

Yes he pretty much fits any front.  And we won't sniff him, he just blew up the combine.

While he needs to develop,guys with his size, length and athleticism usually get overdrafted.  His tape is good too though so I expect he'll go high unless there's character stuff I don't know about.

He hasn't been playing the line very long which actually helps him cause coaches love that.

5 hours ago, xen said:

Yes he pretty much fits any front.  And we won't sniff him, he just blew up the combine.

While he needs to develop,guys with his size, length and athleticism usually get overdrafted.  His tape is good too though so I expect he'll go high unless there's character stuff I don't know about.

He hasn't been playing the line very long which actually helps him cause coaches love that.

This. He was not even a starter for Iowa but did wreck havoc. He played 2 years in HS and also hockey for 3. Guy is a true freak athlete with speed and power. He can bend the corner and has slid inside to have experience at DT. Still less than 1000 snaps for his college career, he will have some polishing needed. His nu.bers though speak for itself.

He would be awesome to get, but we would have to trade way up. I would love to have him or Campbell in the 3rd if possible to mive up but with the combine he might go early 2nd round easily. Campbell is a stud at middle LB. I wanted Jewell a few years ago from Iowa, Campbell is much better than him. He is a jack of all trades.

Don't sleep on LaPorta, another guy I like and was all w3 had for an offensive threat at TE. Kittle esque I will say.

Others to look at are Merriweather at S and Moss at CB. Merriweather is going to be very solid at S.

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

This. He was not even a starter for Iowa but did wreck havoc. He played 2 years in HS and also hockey for 3. Guy is a true freak athlete with speed and power. He can bend the corner and has slid inside to have experience at DT. Still less than 1000 snaps for his college career, he will have some polishing needed. His nu.bers though speak for itself.

He would be awesome to get, but we would have to trade way up. I would love to have him or Campbell in the 3rd if possible to mive up but with the combine he might go early 2nd round easily. Campbell is a stud at middle LB. I wanted Jewell a few years ago from Iowa, Campbell is much better than him. He is a jack of all trades.

Don't sleep on LaPorta, another guy I like and was all w3 had for an offensive threat at TE. Kittle esque I will say.

Others to look at are Merriweather at S and Moss at CB. Merriweather is going to be very solid at S.

I don't think LaPorta is the blocker that kittle was.  Not sure he has the same upside either, but overall a really good prospect who can do everything pretty well.  I think he gets lost in the tight end shuffle this year with so many tight ends coming out with intriguing traits.  I have less questions about LaPorta than I do a lot of the top guys.  Probably he's the most well rounded outside of the serial killer from notre dame.

1 hour ago, xen said:

I don't think LaPorta is the blocker that kittle was.  Not sure he has the same upside either, but overall a really good prospect who can do everything pretty well.  I think he gets lost in the tight end shuffle this year with so many tight ends coming out with intriguing traits.  I have less questions about LaPorta than I do a lot of the top guys.  Probably he's the most well rounded outside of the serial killer from notre dame.

Laporta is a competitive blocker, but not a strong finisher or sustaining them. Athletic to get the catch and does well after it. I think with him being behind Kelce he could learn and really polish his game. A guy 2 or 3 years with Kelce here that could become a very good TE. This is a good choice in say 5th or 6th round unless he blows up the combine.