7 minutes ago, mex said:

If Hardman were healthy and still cheap, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's going to be an asset to some team... he's likely too expensive for the Chiefs to want to keep.

Someone was bouncing the idea of bringing in Parris Campbell if he was willing to take less for a ring... that dude can stretch the field.

That dude can stretch out in the cold tub.  Which he has.  For nearly 3 of his 4 full years in the league.

1 hour ago, xen said:

That dude can stretch out in the cold tub.  Which he has.  For nearly 3 of his 4 full years in the league.

He wasn't used right. He didn't fit the system. The sun was in his eyes. There was a plague... LOCUSTS!!!!

1 hour ago, mex said:

Of course I’m loyal.

Seriously though, when healthy Campbell is a badass. We need a WR1 like him. 

Is he a WR1 though?  After 4 years the available evidence doesn't appear to support that theory.

5 minutes ago, xen said:

I don't know man, we've seen elite WRs kill it with some shitty QBs.  Reek killing it in Miami with Brokeass McNoodlearm.  

7 QBs in 4 seasons?  I mean yeah he's been injured a lot but he played this entire last season. For 3 different QBs I might add. And who will likely take the first QB of the '23 draft.

Kinda hard to succeed in an offense that can't find their identity. 

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Screenshot_20230307_153831_Twitter.jpg.eb77997511df34a9a228aa1b7de5c381.jpg

JuJu will be overpaid in Chicago.

Let MVS go. The Frank Clark of the receiver room, save $7 mil.

No to bringing Hardman back.

Moore. Toney.

Trade for DHop.

One or two of the guys on the PS steps up.

Bring Watson back on one of those vet money deals.

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

JuJu will be overpaid in Chicago.

Let MVS go. The Frank Clark of the receiver room, save $7 mil.

No to bringing Hardman back.

Moore. Toney.

Trade for DHop.

One or two of the guys on the PS steps up.

Bring Watson back on one of those vet money deals.

Hopefully Cornell Powell will finally get his shit together.

So the talk is that they want to keep Juju around, likely a multi-year deal after the tampering period but not sure if someone will make him rich in FA before we get a chance. I would assume OBJ was the higher priority but looks like the economics are in play. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

So the talk is that they want to keep Juju around, likely a multi-year deal after the tampering period but not sure if someone will make him rich in FA before we get a chance. I would assume OBJ was the higher priority but looks like the economics are in play. 

Chiefs don't need to wait until tampering period as he's still technically under contract.  Unless Juju's camp wants to see what's out there?  It would be smart on his end to do that

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Chiefs don't need to wait until tampering period as he's still technically under contract.  Unless Juju's camp wants to see what's out there?  It would be smart on his end to do that

Yep, at this point it probably doesn't make sense for him to go for a multi-year deal without seeing what's out there. He won't be tagged and I'm not sure if he's loyal to the city already. 

Per Bleacher

Chiefs Rumors: JuJu Smith-Schuster Expected to Get New Contract in Free Agency

DORIC SAM

Veteran wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster was set to hit free agency this offseason, but it appears he will be staying put.

According to NFL Network's James Palmer, the Kansas City Chiefs plan to re-sign Smith-Schuster in hopes of keeping some continuity in their passing attack:

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiemh0dHBzOi8vYmxlYWNoZXJyZXBvcnQuY29tL2FydGljbGVzLzEwMDY3OTg5LWNoaWVmcy1ydW1vcnMtanVqdS1zbWl0aC1zY2h1c3Rlci1leHBlY3RlZC10by1nZXQtbmV3LWNvbnRyYWN0LWluLWZyZWUtYWdlbmN50gGKAWh0dHBzOi8vc3luZGljYXRpb24uYmxlYWNoZXJyZXBvcnQuY29tL2FtcC8xMDA2Nzk4OS1jaGllZnMtcnVtb3JzLWp1anUtc21pdGgtc2NodXN0ZXItZXhwZWN0ZWQtdG8tZ2V0LW5ldy1jb250cmFjdC1pbi1mcmVlLWFnZW5jeS5hbXAuaHRtbA?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

A little more information would be nice. It seems to suggest they are close.

4 hours ago, mex said:

Toney

JuJu (resign)

MVS

Moore 

Draft

Watson (only if he's cheap... I actually liked Watson)

That's how I see it.  Ross or Ross making the team would be a bonus.  Veach should get GM of the year for bringing in Toney even if he never plays another down for KC.  I think the draft pick will be a third rounder with size.  The Chiefs have enough short WRs with speed.  There's also the chance that Hardman will have a Robinson moment and find the Chiefs a safe place to return for a prove it year.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

There's also the chance that Hardman will have a Robinson moment and find the Chiefs a safe place to return for a prove it year.  

This wouldn't bother me a bit.

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Could the Chiefs sign Hardman cheap and then package him with CEH for a late seventh?  

They’d better get a little more than a 7th for the both of them... both these guys will excel in the right system.