30 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Mariota and Wentz want chances to start.  Bring in someone who is willing to hold a clipboard, critique in the QB room, and wait for a ring.  Chase Daniels, anyone?  

that has Hoyer's name written all over it

10 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

The Chiefs will go with an old vet. I’ve seem Wentz and Mariota’s names tossed around on social media. Either one would be fine with me. The luxury of having an experienced QB on the bench is huge. 

That's true, BUT...they might also be better off with someone who has practiced in the system for a couple of years and knows all the plays and the players and has thrown to them in practice a lot.  Buchele.  All depends on if Buchele is progressing.  If he can hold his own in a game and have an improved defense to rely on, that might be a better option.

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

Me, too.

He's certainly a better option than Wentz, Mariota or Hoyer.

Depending on how things shake out, Darnold or Mike White might work.

I think Pat has progressed past the point where he needs an older QB as mentor.  Would rather see a guy there that has potential to come in and tear it up if the worst happens.  Plus it's time to really start thinking about developing some other QBs.  Andy had a history of that in Philly - develop a guy, make him look like gold cause he's Andy, and flip him for picks to some desperate team.  Feely or Kolb anyone?

11 hours ago, oldtimer said:

so with Henne  retiring you think  Chiefs go with the characters already on the roster or search for another elder like Brian Hoyer who is being released, Wentz or the often rumored Mariota?

Rumor has it Mariota. Very similar style to Mahomes.

I think they Kept Buchell(however you spell his name) on the roster all year for a reason.  They knew Henne was retiring, and didnt want him poached off practice squad, back up job is his. Why spend 3-4 million in cap space for a vet.  Isn't this his 3rd year coming up?

Let me get this straight, everyone here was terrified to cut Buchelle for the last two seasons in fear of some other team snagging him. The chiefs did in fact keep him and have groomed him to be the backup when henne retires. And now that day arrives and everyone is demanding we go sign another vet backup qb?

9 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Let me get this straight, everyone here was terrified to cut Buchelle for the last two seasons in fear of some other team snagging him. The chiefs did in fact keep him and have groomed him to be the backup when henne retires. And now that day arrives and everyone is demanding we go sign another vet backup qb?

Funny, ain't it?

16 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

There is a potential rule change though to require (or allow) keeping 3 QBs rostered though, right?

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

can you relax with the broad brush hyperbole please?  I dont see anyone terrified nor demanding..Sheeeesh

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Everyone thinks this post is dumb

The value of a vet is the ability to be another set of eyes identifying what is happening schematically against Pat both on the field and in the film room. A young guy doesn't provide the input that helps Pat out. He can't be another set of eyes making mental recordings of tendencies when the team is presented with certain looks. I like a young guy developing with a vet in the fold as well. Only the KC coaching staff truly knows if Shane Buechele is or is not a guy that can do that right now. If he is, then take a late flier on another guy to start developing maybe. Otherwise, bring in a guy that has at least some starting experiences in the past. I'll throw Blaine Gabbert's name in the ring. There may be some appeal there for him to want to come home, and maybe not. Just another guy to think about.