Sack totals last 4 years are 8.5, 9, 6, 8.

these are fine numbers, but nothing to go crazy about, and i dont remember him being a factory against the chiefs what so ever this season.

that being said a guy that you can count on for 8ish sacks a year with some upside has value, just not the 22 mil a year he was being paid.

if he wants to play for 6-7 mil on 1 year deal to get a ring that could be an interesting option.

chiefs are no longer in the business of over paying people to lure them to town.

14 hours ago, mex said:

He could make an immediate impact because teams have to 1st deal with Jones. Teams wouldn't be able to double up on Mack as often... like they did when he was in LA.

Didn't Bosa have a similar effect that Jones would have in KC?  Not all the attention was on Mack.  He's too expensive and probably his best years are behind him.  

I think there's a good chance that Clark returns.  If the Chiefs can draft a starting quality DE this spring, Clark will be getting a lot fewer snaps but could still be helpful and available for the playoffs again.  I assume that Nnadi and Dunlap are gone so a new DT and DE should be priorities in the draft.