Report Says No Tag For Brown

2 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Is this a possible solution?  Don't know much about the guy, but it says he is only 29.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35805637/source-buccaneers-releasing-left-tackle-donovan-smith

This guy was atrocious last season. Might as well plug in andrew wiley for cents on the dollar. Same caliber of player

46 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

This guy was atrocious last season. Might as well plug in andrew wiley for cents on the dollar. Same caliber of player

Here's his numbers from 2021 watching Bradys blindside. They aren't the same caliber of player. He's a downgrade from OBJ but he's not Wylie caliber. He's been an average to above average LT most of his career. 

Screenshot_20230307_190733_Chrome.jpg

46 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Here's his numbers from 2021 watching Bradys blindside. They aren't the same caliber of player. He's a downgrade from OBJ but he's not Wylie caliber. He's been an average to above average LT most of his career. 

Screenshot_20230307_190733_Chrome.jpg

He also blocked well for Winston when they had all those long pass sets.

Not sure what happened last year but I aint listening to some idiot bucs fans

25 minutes ago, xen said:

He also blocked well for Winston when they had all those long pass sets.

Not sure what happened last year but I aint listening to some idiot bucs fans

I believe he had a dislocated elbow. That'll put a damper on things.

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

We could slide thuney over to LT and fill his spot with Allgretti possibly. 
it’s thought. 

Isn't Alligretti also a free agent this year?  He'll want to earn starter money.  Maybe Kinnard could play LG.  He's more fitted for that than OT. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Isn't Alligretti also a free agent this year?  He'll want to earn starter money.  Maybe Kinnard could play LG.  He's more fitted for that than OT. 

With RG already set I thought the only options for him were RT and backup RG. Did they try him on the left side last year? 

10 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

We could slide thuney over to LT and fill his spot with Allgretti possibly. 
it’s thought. 

That is a real possibility now.  Move Thuney there for a year and Kinnard at LG.  Draft and develop the LT of the future.  Thuney is making LT money anyway.  Alligator armed, but for a year, he might be OK.  At least OBJ level.

22 minutes ago, SEMO said:

That is a real possibility now.  Move Thuney there for a year and Kinnard at LG.  Draft and develop the LT of the future.  Thuney is making LT money anyway.  Alligator armed, but for a year, he might be OK.  At least OBJ level.

I think so and feel pretty good if the chiefs go that route. Thuney at LT would be in my opinion be the same or better than OBJ. 
it’s the guard postion that may have a drop off. But those are cheaper to fill. 

5 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I think so and feel pretty good if the chiefs go that route. Thuney at LT would be in my opinion be the same or better than OBJ. 
it’s the guard postion that may have a drop off. But those are cheaper to fill. 

I'm not saying that it is optimal, or that I like the move.  But, they let OBJ walk because they didn't want to pay him long term.  Can't afford it with the cap.  But, this short term, one year option could work.

9 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

PFF salary forecast at $16 mil/year, $40 mil guaranteed. Pacheco will be running to the right side all season. 🤪

Right tackle done if so. Hope he stays healthy. Niang as swing tackle? Or is he going to be our LT? If so niang to RT? A lot to be scared of due to injury history.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Right tackle done if so. Hope he stays healthy. Niang as swing tackle? Or is he going to be our LT? If so niang to RT? A lot to be scared of due to injury history.

Right Tackle? What injury history?

Taylor had a career year as a pass protector, earning his highest pass-blocking grade with a 76.4 mark that landed him in the top 25 among tackles on the year. Taylor allowed pressure on just 2.5% of dropbacks, the third-lowest mark among tackles in the NFL, though quarterback Trevor Lawrence's lightning-quick 2.51-second average time to throw certainly helped. However, Taylor's 76.7 pass-blocking grade on true pass sets still ranked 14th among tackles and his 5.2% pressure rate allowed was a top-10 mark. On the other hand, Taylor had the highest rate of negatively graded run blocks among tackles in the NFL (22.4%). This is, of course, the less important aspect of tackle play, but it's undoubtedly still a cause for concern if a lineman is earning a negative grade on more than one out of every five rushing plays.

I thought I read an article about how the Chiefs wanted to find their long term answer at LT. Which wouldn’t be Thuney or Lewan. 

I say draft Jaelyn Duncan with our first round pick and plug and play him. Then Niang at RT. Both are great pass protectors. Keep developing Kinnard and Prince. And draft a later round guy to compete with the two backups

9 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Right Tackle? What injury history?

Taylor had a career year as a pass protector, earning his highest pass-blocking grade with a 76.4 mark that landed him in the top 25 among tackles on the year. Taylor allowed pressure on just 2.5% of dropbacks, the third-lowest mark among tackles in the NFL, though quarterback Trevor Lawrence's lightning-quick 2.51-second average time to throw certainly helped. However, Taylor's 76.7 pass-blocking grade on true pass sets still ranked 14th among tackles and his 5.2% pressure rate allowed was a top-10 mark. On the other hand, Taylor had the highest rate of negatively graded run blocks among tackles in the NFL (22.4%). This is, of course, the less important aspect of tackle play, but it's undoubtedly still a cause for concern if a lineman is earning a negative grade on more than one out of every five rushing plays.

He has played 20 games in 3 years out of 48 possible.....plus any missed playoff games.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2023/03/08/taylor-lewan-makes-direct-appeal-chiefs-twitter/