DHop for a 2nd Rounder and Player?

Throw in CEH.

Cardinals reporter Mike Jurecki reports the Cardinals "have parameters" to trade DeAndre Hopkins "more likely after free agency starts."

Jurecki adds that the Cardinals are looking for a second-round pick and a conditional pick or player in return for their star wideout. Hopkins will easily be the most valuable wideout available this offseason in what has been regarded as a weak draft at the position and with only Brandin Cooks really able to challenge him on recent track record. Jurecki does not list a team, but it wouldn't be surprising if a few different teams agreed to this price and it was more about where Hopkins wanted to go. 

5 minutes ago, mex said:

And even then, only if he comes cheap... wanting to chase a ring.

I'd pay him #1 WR (not elite) money for one year or a two year deal with a cheap out.  Depends on who the Chiefs plan to resign or pick up in FA.  They still need to draft a day two WR.  

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'd pay him #1 WR (not elite) money for one year or a two year deal with a cheap out.  Depends on who the Chiefs plan to resign or pick up in FA.  They still need to draft a day two WR.  

This assumes there are guys on the PS who aren't being considered... but there are some guys who might break out this year you never know.

Honestly, I think we draft a future #1 WR.  Or two.

1 hour ago, mex said:

This assumes there are guys on the PS who aren't being considered... but there are some guys who might break out this year you never know.

Honestly, I think we draft a future #1 WR.  Or two.

They'll be considered, but are long shots.  Ross and Ross are both high potential, never proven players.  If one or both make the team, great.  But at this point it can't be counted on.  Powell has had two years and can't yet make the roster.  I see drafting a WR on the second day and then using one of the sixths or sevenths for a hope.  Veach has done pretty well with late picks but there's only so many prospects who can be projected as #1s. 

Alright. Let’s say Hopkins would take a reasonable salary for two years. Throw in CEH and a 3rd and we would have a wr that I believe would force defenses to account for with saftey help. 
I’m not for signing  high priced FA but I’m trying to look at this from trotting out an offense that is different from last year. Hopkins addition would do that. 
It’s a thought especially if juju doesn’t sign. 

30 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I see drafting a WR on the second day and then using one of the sixths or sevenths for a hope. 

That's kinda how I see it... but I wouldn't be surprised if we take a day 1 WR

38 minutes ago, DieHard said:

If we go for broke trading up for a LT and Dhop would do 2 for 34, I could definitely see it. 

How high could the Chiefs trade up?  According to the trade charts, trading the #1 and #2 picks (31 and 63) only gets them up to 19 or 20.  All the extra sixth and seventh rounds picks don't mean squat when it comes to moving up in the first round.  I think there will be some good LTs later in the first.  Assuming that Johnson, Skoronski, and Jones will be gone, there's still Harrison and Wright and probably others I'm not up on.  Could they start day one?  Maybe not so good, but until Veach reveals his plan, I don't see much choice except to get a so-so vet to fill in for a while if they can't. 

If we are giving up picks it sure wouldn't be for a WR. Unless it's a veteran LT any picks we trade away will be used to move up for a specific LT target. Hopefully we can find some stopgaps and not worry about giving up multiple picks in the draft. 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

How high could the Chiefs trade up?  According to the trade charts, trading the #1 and #2 picks (31 and 63) only gets them up to 19 or 20.  All the extra sixth and seventh rounds picks don't mean squat when it comes to moving up in the first round.  I think there will be some good LTs later in the first.  Assuming that Johnson, Skoronski, and Jones will be gone, there's still Harrison and Wright and probably others I'm not up on.  Could they start day one?  Maybe not so good, but until Veach reveals his plan, I don't see much choice except to get a so-so vet to fill in for a while if they can't. 

Good question. We traded 27, 91 and the next years first to go from 27 to 10. I don’t see that for a LT, but maybe a 1 & 2 if they really like a guy. I really don’t it though.

21 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Good question. We traded 27, 91 and the next years first to go from 27 to 10. I don’t see that for a LT, but maybe a 1 & 2 if they really like a guy. I really don’t it though.

Don't see a major trade up as an option. We have some ammo but I don't think it'll make sense to move up anything more than a few spots. I'm pretty sure the staff either has an under-the-radar prospect in mind or some guy the experts rank high is actually not that high on most boards. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports DeAndre Hopkins would be "flexible on the last two years of his contract" if traded.

Rapoport noted that he would not necessarily be looking for a "top-of-the-market deal." Hopkins was recently on The Pat McAfee Show and acknowledged the trade rumors, though he didn't expand much beyond that. If the Cardinals move Hopkins, they would be on the hook for a modest cap hit while his new team would take on expenditures of $19.5 million in 2023 and $14.9 million in 2024. Neither number is absurd for a player of Hopkins' talent, but only eight teams even have $20 million in space for the 2023 season as things stand right now. Hopkins has been one of the best receivers in the NFL for nearly a decade but has two playoff wins to show for his efforts. It sounds like he would be open to some form of a restructured contract or even an extension that lowers his cap hits over the next two years if it meant he was playing for a contender. That possibility opens the door for a lot of teams to make Arizona offers.

6 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports DeAndre Hopkins would be "flexible on the last two years of his contract" if traded.

Rapoport noted that he would not necessarily be looking for a "top-of-the-market deal." Hopkins was recently on The Pat McAfee Show and acknowledged the trade rumors, though he didn't expand much beyond that. If the Cardinals move Hopkins, they would be on the hook for a modest cap hit while his new team would take on expenditures of $19.5 million in 2023 and $14.9 million in 2024. Neither number is absurd for a player of Hopkins' talent, but only eight teams even have $20 million in space for the 2023 season as things stand right now. Hopkins has been one of the best receivers in the NFL for nearly a decade but has two playoff wins to show for his efforts. It sounds like he would be open to some form of a restructured contract or even an extension that lowers his cap hits over the next two years if it meant he was playing for a contender. That possibility opens the door for a lot of teams to make Arizona offers.

50% pay cut?  sure 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

50% pay cut?  sure 

If we could get him for a 4th and CEH and we could make those two years for 30 I might take a swing.  Neither are guaranteed so if he doesn't pan out this year we can cut him with no dead money.