DHop for a 2nd Rounder and Player?

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

He’ll be 33 before the season starts. I wouldn’t think he would be too expensive.

Hasn’t been used much the last two years. He was really frustrated this year with his targets. Watched 3 full Minnesota games and he was visibly upset in all 3 on the sidelines. 

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

He’ll be 33 before the season starts. I wouldn’t think he would be too expensive.

If traded for, the acquiring team will pick up his current contract which is around $19.5 million this year and $14.5 million next year.  That's too expensive for a declining 33 y.o. player who missed time last season.  He might jazz up the offense for this season but the Chiefs did pretty well without a #1 last year so is it worth 19.5 for taking the chance?  I'd say "no".  Let the Cards take the hit after releasing him and if he'll play cheap for a year (two max) then and only then take a look. 

17 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If traded for, the acquiring team will pick up his current contract which is around $19.5 million this year and $14.5 million next year.  That's too expensive for a declining 33 y.o. player who missed time last season.  He might jazz up the offense for this season but the Chiefs did pretty well without a #1 last year so is it worth 19.5 for taking the chance?  I'd say "no".  Let the Cards take the hit after releasing him and if he'll play cheap for a year (two max) then and only then take a look. 

Cards?  We were talking about Theilen.  He is 11.8 this year and 14.8 next year. 

Honestly doesn't matter on either of those guys.  If names are being thrown out on the trade block this close to free agency it usually means they're gonna get cut.  I honestly wouldn't pay anything.  No need to take on either contract.  If u want em start clean with a new contract in free agency.

1 minute ago, xen said:

Honestly doesn't matter on either of those guys.  If names are being thrown out on the trade block this close to free agency it usually means they're gonna get cut.  I honestly wouldn't pay anything.  No need to take on either contract.  If u want em start clean with a new contract in free agency.

Maybe, but they won’t sign for that on a 2 year deal would be my guess. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Somehow you've managed to combine Theilens age and contract with Hopkins being on the trade block into a glorious pile of incorrect crap.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Somehow you've managed to combine Theilens age and contract with Hopkins being on the trade block into a glorious pile of incorrect crap.

Take it easy on Jet.

He must have got hit in the head with a golf ball today... he thought TCU beat the Buckeyes in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Bingo. If we need to add WR bodies then FA/draft. I see zero reason to trade assets to get a guy. We know Mahomes is a force multiplier. He uses all his weapons and is the catalyst to making it work. 

16 hours ago, Calichief said:

Man, I want Adam Theilen. For one year. He’s a baller. Great route runner. He and mahomes would be special. 

Already made quite a nice amount. May be looking for that ring before retirement and still a useful receiver within a committee.