1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

with the way Veach does things. I'd bet on this

First clue:  Veach drafts a CB in the first four rounds that's strong covering the slot.  I hope they keep Sneed.  He's one of my favorite players as long as he learns to stop leading with his head.  Gotta keep him on the field and out of the concussion program. 

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'd freakn hope so . $14M a year is damned near Franchise tag $$

CW got three-years worth up to $42 million, including $26.7 million guaranteed,

And getting paid 1 year earlier is always nice for a late pick which should make the deal sweeter. 

8 hours ago, mex said:

Is he projected late 2nd? That's what's confusing... our 2nd round pick is really an early 3rd.

Man, admittedly, I have not done near the draft research this year that I usually do.  I just haven't had time.  Usually by now I have posted several mocks.  Not one this year.

I have spent some time on WR, OT, and Edge.  Our biggest needs obviously.  I don't like the WR class nearly as much as last years.  A lot of small guys this year.  I think Rice could develop into a Juju type wideout.  He can play in the slot or outside.  He has some spunk, as well.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Man, admittedly, I have not done near the draft research this year that I usually do.  I just haven't had time.  Usually by now I have posted several mocks.  Not one this year.

I have spent some time on WR, OT, and Edge.  Our biggest needs obviously.  I don't like the WR class nearly as much as last years.  A lot of small guys this year.  I think Rice could develop into a Juju type wideout.  He can play in the slot or outside.  He has some spunk, as well.

There's a few gems that aren't getting much run at receiver.  I like the Princeton kid.  Big, fast and smart.  There's a few others

download (2) (15).jpeg

8 minutes ago, xen said:

There's a few gems that aren't getting much run at receiver.  I like the Princeton kid.  Big, fast and smart.  There's a few others

download (2) (15).jpeg

Thoughts on Terry from WF or Tillman from Tenn? What about the kid from Ole Miss?

Obviously another guy with size is what's missing from the room. I'm pretty high on Tillman.

23 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Thoughts on Terry from WF or Tillman from Tenn? What about the kid from Ole Miss?

Obviously another guy with size is what's missing from the room. I'm pretty high on Tillman.

Perry from WF is ok.  Kinda just a guy to me.  I mean he's big but doesn't play like a big guy and hands are a little iffy.  

Mingo from Ole miss I like late maybe.  Plays big but I didn't think he was as fast as his timed speed.  Didn't see him getting the type of separation you might see with his speed.  Body catcher too which always annoys me.  

Tillman is a dog.  Not quick but big and eats up cushions eventually so looked good on those vertical routes.  Has the same problem Hyatt does - that Heupel offense doesn't ask them to run very many types of routes so development is stunted.  Same thing we saw when he was at mizzou.  I guess you could say the same of most of the spread guys though.  2nd or 3rd round maybe.

Chiefs Wire

Chiefs to host TCU WR Quentin Johnston on top-30 visit

According to KPRC2 NFL reporter Aaron Wilson, TCU WR Quentin Johnston has an upcoming visit scheduled with the Chiefs. He also has visits scheduled with the Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens, Arizona Cardinals, Minnesota Vikings, and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Johnston is widely regarded as one of the top receivers in this upcoming draft class after posting a 60-reception season with over 1,000 receiving yards and six touchdowns for TCU during their run to the national championship.  Weighing in at just under 6-foot-3 and 208 pounds at the combine, Johnston recorded a 40.5-inch vertical and an 11-foot-2 broad jump in Indianapolis. He ran a 4.46s 40-yard dash at his pro day on Thursday, March 30.

Chiefs Wire

Chiefs to host Western Kentucky CB Kahlef Hailassie on top-30 visit

the Chiefs have a top-30 visit scheduled with Western Kentucky CB Kahlef Hailassie. He’s the second WKU player they’ll have in for a top-30 visit alongside defensive lineman Brodric Martin. A transfer from Oregon, Hailassie has spent the past two seasons terrorizing offenses in Conference USA. In 26 games with the Hilltoppers across 2021 and 2022, Hailassie amassed 123 total tackles, 12 tackles for loss, three sacks, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, four interceptions and 15 passes defended.

The 6-foot and 195-pound corner turned some heads with his pro day workout, posting a 4.06s short shuttle and a 6.68s 3-cone time. Those numbers are well below the mean for defensive backs throughout NFL combine history and would have been second to only Kansas State CB Julius Brents at the combine.

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:
Chiefs Wire

Chiefs to host TCU WR Quentin Johnston on top-30 visit

According to KPRC2 NFL reporter Aaron Wilson, TCU WR Quentin Johnston has an upcoming visit scheduled with the Chiefs. He also has visits scheduled with the Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens, Arizona Cardinals, Minnesota Vikings, and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Johnston is widely regarded as one of the top receivers in this upcoming draft class after posting a 60-reception season with over 1,000 receiving yards and six touchdowns for TCU during their run to the national championship.  Weighing in at just under 6-foot-3 and 208 pounds at the combine, Johnston recorded a 40.5-inch vertical and an 11-foot-2 broad jump in Indianapolis. He ran a 4.46s 40-yard dash at his pro day on Thursday, March 30.

Now this is interesting.  I also saw 4.5 range on his pro day 40.  I think like mid 4.5's even.  A lot of mocks have him in mid to late 20's.  Some in teens.

I like how he plays.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Now this is interesting.  I also saw 4.5 range on his pro day 40.  I think like mid 4.5's even.  A lot of mocks have him in mid to late 20's.  Some in teens.

I like how he plays.

Pro day times are less reliable than combine times.  

On 3/29/2023 at 9:35 PM, jetlord said:

This draft class is deep in CBs.  Would you be okay with trading Sneed for draft picks rather than paying him in 2024?  Kind of like the Hill deal? 

I would say no for this reason.  We have a real good chance of winning back to back SB's.   I'm not sure we could get much more than a 2nd rounder for him and unlike Hill we don't have a Mahomes on that side of the ball to elevate the rest of the D.   Just keep using 3rd day picks finding and developing players like him.   Plus I would like to see our D take a step into being a top 10 unit this year.  I just want to see what this team can do with a good D.   

Chiefs hosted Appalachian State OT Cooper Hodges on top-30 visit

A hair under 6-foot-4 and 304 pounds with 33-inch arms, Hodges has an athletic profile that compares favorably to former Chiefs RT Andrew Wylie. He ran a 40-yard dash in 5.06s, posted 29 repetitions of 225 in the bench press, recorded a 29-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot broad jump. He’s a bit quicker and stronger than Wylie, but not quite as explosive.

While Hodges played the tackle position at App State, he kicked inside to play right guard during the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and saw a lot of success.

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Chiefs hosted Appalachian State OT Cooper Hodges on top-30 visit

A hair under 6-foot-4 and 304 pounds with 33-inch arms, Hodges has an athletic profile that compares favorably to former Chiefs RT Andrew Wylie. He ran a 40-yard dash in 5.06s, posted 29 repetitions of 225 in the bench press, recorded a 29-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot broad jump. He’s a bit quicker and stronger than Wylie, but not quite as explosive.

While Hodges played the tackle position at App State, he kicked inside to play right guard during the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and saw a lot of success.

Wylie was explosive?

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Oklahoma OT Anton Harrison visiting Chiefs

This is the first known interest in Harrison as there were no reports that he met with the team at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. He was, however, sent to Kansas City often in mock drafts after they opted away from the franchise tag with Orlando Brown Jr. and prior to free agency.

Listed at 6-foot-4 and 315 pounds with 34 1/8-inch arms, Harrison boasts tremendous length and athleticism at the tackle position. He tied for the second-best 40-yard dash time among tackles at the combine with a 4.98s run. That athleticism often shows up on his tape when he’s asked to pull or make blocks at the second level.

During his career at Oklahoma, Harrison allowed just 33 pressures on slightly over 1,000 career pass-blocking snaps. He’s no slouch in the run game either, with a nasty streak that would fit in well alongside Trey Smith and Harrison’s former Sooner teammate Creed Humphrey.

Chiefs to host Harvard EDGE Truman Jones on top-30 visit

The latest prospect in for a visit is an ivy league edge rusher who had a dominant showing at the East-West Shrine Bowl.

According to Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline, the Chiefs are set to have Harvard EDGE Truman Jones in for a top-30 visit. In four years with the Crimson, Jones posted 88 total tackles, 28.5 tackles for loss, 14.5 sacks, four passes defended, three forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and four blocked kicks on special teams. After a dominant senior campaign, during which he was named the 148th team captain in school history, Jones was selected for unanimous First-Team All-Ivy League honors.

Listed at 6-foot-3 and 251 pounds, Jones proved to be a tremendous athlete on his pro day. He touched 37 inches on the vertical jump with a 10-2 broad jump. His short shuttle time of 4.38 seconds would have made the top 5 at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine.

The thing that pops the most when you watch Jones play is the raw power. He sets a strong edge in the run game and hardly gives up any ground. That power and the effort in which he plays translate when he earns the opportunity to rush the passer.

It appears that Kansas City is looking to bolster the defensive trenches with some late-round, undrafted free agent types. With this top-30 visit with Kansas City, Jones now joins the ranks of Stephen F. Austin EDGE BJ Thompson, Pitt EDGE Deslin Alexandre, Western Kentucky DT Brodric Martin and Toledo DL Desjuan Johnson.

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

This is the first known interest in Harrison as there were no reports that he met with the team at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. He was, however, sent to Kansas City often in mock drafts after they opted away from the franchise tag with Orlando Brown Jr. and prior to free agency.

Listed at 6-foot-4 and 315 pounds with 34 1/8-inch arms, Harrison boasts tremendous length and athleticism at the tackle position. He tied for the second-best 40-yard dash time among tackles at the combine with a 4.98s run. That athleticism often shows up on his tape when he’s asked to pull or make blocks at the second level.

During his career at Oklahoma, Harrison allowed just 33 pressures on slightly over 1,000 career pass-blocking snaps. He’s no slouch in the run game either, with a nasty streak that would fit in well alongside Trey Smith and Harrison’s former Sooner teammate Creed Humphrey.

85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

I'm all for a big fatty to play LT/RT on this oline.  Protect Mahomes.  Eventually a FA wr will take a prove it deal or a wr will be cut that can come help.  We resign Watson, add a rookie, and a vet FA and we aren't any worse than we were last year and probably a lot better with Moore having a full offseason and hopefully Toney working with our medical training staff.  I hope that first round pick is OT or DE/DT.  

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Said it once will say it again. I will be really surprised if we don't pick this kid up.

51 minutes ago, mex said:

Said it once will say it again. I will be really surprised if we don't pick this kid up.

If he drops to #31, they probably will.  Don't know if they'll move up for him earlier.  Also don't know if they'll choose him over Wright if both are available.  I'd take either one.  Harrison has been described and another Eric Fisher except a bit longer.  Great athlete but needs to get a bit stronger.  I'd settle for that.  

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If he drops to #31, they probably will.  Don't know if they'll move up for him earlier.  Also don't know if they'll choose him over Wright if both are available.  I'd take either one.  Harrison has been described and another Eric Fisher except a bit longer.  Great athlete but needs to get a bit stronger.  I'd settle for that.  

Either would be fine and it looks like the Chiefs agree based on their official visits. I like the OU kid... we’ve had some great karma from there with linemen on both sides.