6 hours ago, xen said:

No.  I don't think they give up their 2nd regardless of who it is.  I could see giving up a 4th.

I'm not that convinced that Wright and Harrison are that much better than some of the day 2 tackles though.

They traded a 3 and a 4 last year to move up for McDuffie.

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

They traded a 3 and a 4 last year to move up for McDuffie.

Yeah if they see a guy they want and have graded as a 1st at around 20-24 and can make that deal I could see it.  I think there's less guys with 1st round grades this year.

On 4/6/2023 at 10:52 PM, oldtimer said:

not that EF was terrible but I guess EF at 31 would of been much more tolerable that EF#1 over all. Still a LTOTF on a rookie contract with upside is a nice thought. I'd hope the level of competition would accelerate his development

you forget just how much that entire draft sucked.. Eric Fisher was a fantastic pick, even at 1 overall that year. 

wow at 239#s he's an LB not a DE
Chiefs Wire

Chiefs hosted Iowa State EDGE Will McDonald IV on pre-draft visit

The Kansas City Chiefs can no longer host prospects on pre-draft visits after the April 19 deadline, but information about who they hosted continues to trickle in.

McDonald is an explosive athlete. He posted a 36-inch vertical jump and an 11-foot broad jump at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. At his pro day, he ran a 4.66s 40-yard dash, 4.09s short shuttle and a 6.79s three-cone. That explosion and athleticism translate to the field as he has one of the best get-offs in the class and bends the turns the edge with the best of them.

Another reason that Kansas City likely sought to get McDonald in the building is that he’d be a huge departure from the norm for Steve Spagnuolo’s defense. He meets the height (6-foot-4) and arm length (35 inches) thresholds, but he’s well below the weight threshold at 239 pounds.

The big fear here is that without added weight, McDonald will not be able to do his part in run support and will only be used as a situational pass rusher. He did seem to put on some additional weight from the combine to his pro day, but will it be enough? Steve Spagnuolo likes to have defensive ends who can play both the run and the pass effectively as a means to “earn the right to rush the passer.”