Free agents to sign, Rumors etc

9 hours ago, xen said:

No thanks.  Rather pay Zach Allen.  Seems like a total Spags end and not a diva.

I've been thinking about this one for several weeks. Allen is damn near a perfect fit here. He plays end in base and gives us a good run defender. He reduces inside on obvious pass rushing downs and gives us a compliment to Jones which we've needed. Allows us to target a straight pass rusher in the draft and let that player develop as a run defender. 

Trying to find a guy who is every down ready at DE is a tall order in the draft. But finding a guy we can just let loose on passing downs may be something we can accomplish even at the end of rd 2. Foskey maybe? I'm super high on the kid from Tennessee. Young. 

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I've been thinking about this one for several weeks. Allen is damn near a perfect fit here. He plays end in base and gives us a good run defender. He reduces inside on obvious pass rushing downs and gives us a compliment to Jones which we've needed. Allows us to target a straight pass rusher in the draft and let that player develop as a run defender. 

Trying to find a guy who is every down ready at DE is a tall order in the draft. But finding a guy we can just let loose on passing downs may be something we can accomplish even at the end of rd 2. Foskey maybe? I'm super high on the kid from Tennessee. Young. 

I want Allen.  What would he cost?  

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I want Allen.  What would he cost?  

not sure about this..seems awfully cheap

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2023/2/2/23583379/pff-projects-arizona-cardinals-free-agent-contracts-2023-nfl-free-agents-zach-allen-byron-murphy-jr

DI ZACH ALLEN, ARIZONA CARDINALS

Contract Projection: Three years, $37.5 million ($12.5M per year); $26 million total guaranteed

27 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Odell wants $20 mil/year. Lunacy.

lol yeah saw that.  Looked healthy in that workout.  Watch the Rams pay it.  Honestly if he's back to where he was, that's not a bad price considering the current going rate for top receivers.  Question is the medicals on him.

Reset the LT market? He's good, but no thanks.

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports Texans LT Laremy Tunsil "could be a target" of the Chiefs if they don't bring back Orlando Brown Jr.

Tunsil, who has said that he wants to "reset" the offensive tackle market, is on the final year of his contract and would only count $18.5 million against the cap if traded for without an extension. The way that Graziano phrases this is as "a potential trade target I'm watching," which if you read between the lines says there's probably not active talks about Tunsil. But it does make some sense for the Texans to consider moving on from Tunsil if they were able to recoup premium picks. 

1 hour ago, xen said:

lol yeah saw that.  Looked healthy in that workout.  Watch the Rams pay it.  Honestly if he's back to where he was, that's not a bad price considering the current going rate for top receivers.  Question is the medicals on him.

Rams might. Hey they sold the future to get that SB and it worked. I don’t think they will be relevant this year or next. Why waste the money.

8 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Sounds like Mike Danna. 

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

not sure about this..seems awfully cheap

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2023/2/2/23583379/pff-projects-arizona-cardinals-free-agent-contracts-2023-nfl-free-agents-zach-allen-byron-murphy-jr

DI ZACH ALLEN, ARIZONA CARDINALS

Contract Projection: Three years, $37.5 million ($12.5M per year); $26 million total guaranteed

Why pay money like this for a guy that is similar on the team already?  Mike Danna

56 minutes ago, DieHard said:

12 is fair. 14 maybe. 20? Definitely lunacy.

for a dude coming off multiple acls, and who wasn't even able to play last year due to the knee not being right. I suspect OBJ will be headed for a 1 year 5 million type of situation to prove he can even make it through 8 games without injury.

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Why pay money like this for a guy that is similar on the team already?  Mike Danna

Sometimes I think you just get bored and try and start arguments for the hell of it. So the Chiefs shouldn't target a versatile, premium young player on the defensive line because they have Mike Danna?

Because Danna has show he can be an effective situational pass rusher we just don't try and look to upgrade or add a stud piece to the rotation?

They aren't similar players. Allen is 6'4" 280-285. He's built for the every down grind. I'm not surprised you think Danna can be more than he is, because every year there is 5 guys on the practice squad throughout the season that you think are future stars. 

We should probably just let JuJu walk.  I mean we already have Ihmir Smith-Marsette. 

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Danna gets most of his pressures when they shift him inside.  He has yet to show he can consistently get pressure outside.  Allen is young, gets good pressure numbers inside and outside and sets a hard edge like Frank Clark, plus I don't think he'll command that much in FA.  Ascending player.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Danna gets most of his pressures when they shift him inside.  He has yet to show he can consistently get pressure outside.  Allen is young, gets good pressure numbers inside and outside and sets a hard edge like Frank Clark, plus I don't think he'll command that much in FA.  Ascending player.

Nope. Danna is the future. Draft a 7th rd rotational piece and call it good. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Sometimes I think you just get bored and try and start arguments for the hell of it. So the Chiefs shouldn't target a versatile, premium young player on the defensive line because they have Mike Danna?

Because Danna has show he can be an effective situational pass rusher we just don't try and look to upgrade or add a stud piece to the rotation?

They aren't similar players. Allen is 6'4" 280-285. He's built for the every down grind. I'm not surprised you think Danna can be more than he is, because every year there is 5 guys on the practice squad throughout the season that you think are future stars. 

We should probably just let JuJu walk.  I mean we already have Ihmir Smith-Marsette. 

Just wondering why we want to throw money at a guy when we have a guy that is similar? 
i just don’t see giving Allen that money and cutting into next years comp picks for what he is. Especially when Danna is very similar. 
I’m not trying to start an argument. Sorry you felt that way

3 hours ago, xen said:

Most sites show him as a top ten FA this off-season. He’s definitely going to cost some money. And I don’t think he is worth cutting into next years comp picks for what he is. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Geez I asked a simple question and you went all personal and angry. Damn!!

6 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Most sites show him as a top ten FA this off-season. He’s definitely going to cost some money. And I don’t think he is worth cutting into next years comp picks for what he is. 

What sites?

He's not the bendy edge type that usually gets paid big so the teams that want him will be a bit limited compared to some guys.  He's strictly a 43 end as well amd doesn't have 34 versatility or the size to hold up as a 3 tech. 

He certainly could get overpaid as it only takes 2 teams bidding against each other but I'm not sure I see an overpay on him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/zach-allen-29101/market-value/

41 minutes ago, xen said:

Just kinda checking the lists online.  Nfl, CBS, sporting news...

No top 10's

I would bet he gets a big contract being a young edge guy. He does remind me a lot of Karlaftis too. If like to get a more bendy speed guy opposite Karlaftis

28 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I would bet he gets a big contract being a young edge guy. He does remind me a lot of Karlaftis too. If like to get a more bendy speed guy opposite Karlaftis

Allen would definitely reduce inside in pass rushing situations. Make way for a guy with bend.