Free agents to sign, Rumors etc

9 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

@oldtimer

what you actually think odell is gonna get a massive contract? his last deal was 1 year 1.25 million, and he only played a handful of games before blowing out his knee yet again.

too many teams seems to be interested in him/ I dont think he does another 1 year and someone is bound to over pay, just a gut feeling and your definition of "massive" and mine may be different. He's not getting cheetah  $$ but I'd think with incentives $10-15 M not that he's worth it.

9 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

@oldtimer

what you actually think odell is gonna get a massive contract? his last deal was 1 year 1.25 million, and he only played a handful of games before blowing out his knee yet again.

https://fansided.com/2023/03/12/nfl-rumors-odell-beckham-jr-asking-price/?a_aid=45978&fbclid=IwAR0P_Tk2ccQY7Sxc7iR4F-XZjoGE5h0-gtmbVoiNO4Xki-pB5arHNErRPO8

NFL rumors: Odell Beckham Jr.’s asking price

Beckham is seeking a $20 million contract, but that will likely be a topped-out price due to incentives. The guaranteed money, due to Beckham Jr.’s history of injuries, will be closer to the $10 million mark. Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk discussed this in a recent article:

“(His contract) will actually be something like a one-year, $7 million contract with a team option after one year to unlock up to three real years followed by a phony final year that pushes the total average to $20 million annually.”

Beckham Jr.’s workout was for 12 teams, and took place this past week. Just last season, he flirted with the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants and Buffalo Bills, just to name a few. Even the Kansas City Chiefs had some scouts at this workout, as they could stand to lose two of their top wideouts in free agency.

While Beckham is no longer the All-Pro caliber wide receiver he once was, he was explosive with the Rams and his recent workout form suggests he can get to that level of play again.

43 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

if the choice is between D-Hop and OBJ, then D-hop hands down. 

OBJ seems like a delicate little flower.

Not sure since D-Hop would warrant picks whereas OBJ would likely demand an incentive-laden contract. Obviously it's all pointless until we really know what it would take but while looking from outside I don't like the idea of spending prime picks on a non-OL position at this point. I would rather give up that rumored second day pick for D-Hop to move up and grab our LT for the next decade.

As a pure player I wouldn't even compare the two, D-Hop is much better in pretty much every single area.

8 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Not sure since D-Hop would warrant picks whereas OBJ would likely demand an incentive-laden contract. Obviously it's all pointless until we really know what it would take but while looking from outside I don't like the idea of spending prime picks on a non-OL position at this point. I would rather give up that rumored second day pick for D-Hop to move up and grab our LT for the next decade.

As a pure player I wouldn't even compare the two, D-Hop is much better in pretty much every single area.

Guess it depends on if Hopkins gets released or not.  If he does and no picks, picking Hopkins all day long a twice on Sunday!

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Still seeing some trade rumors for Tunsil on twitter. Most are an hour or more old. If we did this, then we know Taylor is the RT and Tunsil at LT. That line would be stout for sure.

it'd be the best O-line since Roaf, Waters, Shields and Wiegman 

5 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Guess it depends on if Hopkins gets released or not.  If he does and no picks, picking Hopkins all day long a twice on Sunday!

Thank you.  I've been getting lonely advocating for waiting until Hopkins is released before making a play for him.  It may not happen, but the Cards have been shopping him for a month and no takers so far.  No good front office would give up a top fifty pick for a player that's Hopkins' age.  No second for Hopkins.  No second to move up for a marginally better OT prospect.   

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

S Bates to Atlanta.  Don't think  we need a S starter just yet, but depth will be good to have.

Cook has been looking pretty good of late. He could step in if Thornhill bolts.