Free agents to sign, Rumors etc

2 hours ago, mex said:

depends on what system they came from... the right guys could contribute right away... Skyy wasn't too bad... but he was a fairly high pick.

He may have been spooked by the punt fumbles, but he didn't exactly step in and contribute.  A number of times it appeared that Mahomes wanted him to zig and he zagged.  The punt return against Cincy made his season and I expect he'll be solid this year.  But I'll stand by my statement that rookie WRs don't usually do much in Reid's system. 

6 minutes ago, mex said:

Rewatch the Chargers games.

Guess it depends on where the bar is set.  22 catches in 17 games for 250 yards and zero TDs.  Sure, he made a few critical catches, but so did Pringle the previous year.  Skye was a early second round pick.  He just wasn't ready to play a big role in the KC offense.  I'll stand by my statement.  

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Guess it depends on where the bar is set.  22 catches in 17 games for 250 yards and zero TDs.  Sure, he made a few critical catches, but so did Pringle the previous year.  Skye was a early second round pick.  He just wasn't ready to play a big role in the KC offense.  I'll stand by my statement.  

There are plenty of receivers who could come in and immediately contribute... we're just never in a position to draft one.

So yeah, over the season you're probably right... easier to remember games SKYY had some big performances in I suppose.

He'll be a stud for us in the coming years. Likely this year. 

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Why in the hell would we want wentz to be our backup.

Its just an unnecessary distraction for a guy who isn’t any better than insert random other vet qb.

Let me see if I understand...A veteran backup QB is ok as long as it isn't Wentz? Because if it's Wentz, for some reason it's an unnecessary distraction? 

41 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Let me see if I understand...A veteran backup QB is ok as long as it isn't Wentz? Because if it's Wentz, for some reason it's an unnecessary distraction? 

yes wentz just being wentz is a distraction. it would be the same if baker mayfield or cam newton is the backup. and what we want from a backup is someone who is dependable. not someone who is liable to fumble 3 times in a game and go completely off the rails. 

11 hours ago, Calichief said:

Mahomes has yet to have the wr with incredible hands and the ability to win all those 50/50 balls. That is d hop. I hope they do it. 

Rewatch the AFCCG to see the importance of long WRs who can battle for the ball.

39 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

What do people think of FA WR McKenzie from Bills? 
also, I heard Sutton and Jeudy up for sale? 
thoughts ? 

At this point, I don't expect another WR unless Watson is resigned. Might not be a popular move with this board, but Mahomes liked him and a second year in the system (and no MH to split reps with) will likely mean better production. 

I'm not even thinking about Sutton and Jeudy for the same reason it is foolish to think we could have gotten Waller from the Raiders for a 3rd...0% chance of Denver trading anything to KC.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Give them a fourth and negotiate a reasonable deal for two years max. 

Unless hes amenable to taking less money (doubt it) do 4 years max, restructure his 2023 salary to signing bonus, tack on 2 fake years to spread the cap hit out.  Otherwise be prepared for a higher draft pick to compensate the Cards for eating part if his salary.  

Ranking AFC teams after the first wave of free agency

CBS Sports:

Now that the first wave of free agency is out of the way, we thought now would be a good time to rank every team in the NFL, so that's exactly what we're going to do today. Actually, I take that back, we're only going to rank the AFC teams today. We'll get to the NFC teams later in the week. 

With that mind, here's our post-free agency rankings of each AFC team, courtesy of Jordan Dajani: 

1. Chiefs

2. Bengals

3. Jets

4. Bills

5. Dolphins

6. Jaguars

7. Chargers

8. Ravens

9. Broncos

10. Browns

The one thing you'll instantly notice about these rankings is that Jordan has the Jets at No. 3. I should note that Jordan made these rankings assuming that Aaron Rodgers will eventually be playing for the Jets. Even if that's true, though, I'm not even sure the Jets would be the third-best team in their division with Rodgers, let alone the entire AFC. 

22 minutes ago, mex said:

Ranking AFC teams after the first wave of free agency

CBS Sports:

Now that the first wave of free agency is out of the way, we thought now would be a good time to rank every team in the NFL, so that's exactly what we're going to do today. Actually, I take that back, we're only going to rank the AFC teams today. We'll get to the NFC teams later in the week. 

With that mind, here's our post-free agency rankings of each AFC team, courtesy of Jordan Dajani: 

1. Chiefs

2. Bengals

3. Jets

4. Bills

5. Dolphins

6. Jaguars

7. Chargers

8. Ravens

9. Broncos

10. Browns

The one thing you'll instantly notice about these rankings is that Jordan has the Jets at No. 3. I should note that Jordan made these rankings assuming that Aaron Rodgers will eventually be playing for the Jets. Even if that's true, though, I'm not even sure the Jets would be the third-best team in their division with Rodgers, let alone the entire AFC. 

Absolutely disrespectful to the Bills.

3 hours ago, Boone said:

At this point, I don't expect another WR unless Watson is resigned. Might not be a popular move with this board, but Mahomes liked him and a second year in the system (and no MH to split reps with) will likely mean better production. 

I'm not even thinking about Sutton and Jeudy for the same reason it is foolish to think we could have gotten Waller from the Raiders for a 3rd...0% chance of Denver trading anything to KC.

I got no issues with Watson being the #5.  Battling with Justyn Ross and the rest of the wrs fighting for a spot.  He knows the system and I like going into the draft being able to go bpa.