Free agents to sign, Rumors etc

12 minutes ago, mex said:

I don't get all the clamor for a TE this year. Grey and Bell are doing good work, and we have far more pressing needs. If one falls to us in the 6th or 7th then yeah. 

Gronk retired after his 11th season, TG after his 17th pretty much a month before his 38th birthday.  Kelce is 33 now and will be 34 come 2023 season. 

Kelce likely wants to chase GOAT status. He's got a way to go stat-wise. He needs 5000 more yards to surpass TG, which means he'll need 4 more productive years (totally possible if he stays healthy) 

He'd be 38 like TG, but with 2 fewer seasons under his belt.

He'll also need 37 more TDs to catch Gates... he's averaging slightly over 10 per season last 3 years... which means he'd need at least 4 more seasons at current level of production. 

IMO yardage and TDs are the most important in determining GOAT status and I think he'll want that before retiring... at least I HOPE so.  MAN I HOPE SO.

Just my .03.

But man he takes a beating during the season, i want one or two of the WR's or TE's to step up, But Patrick being Patrick he is gonna keep looking for his guy in crucial situations

22 minutes ago, mex said:

Kelce likely wants to chase GOAT status. He's got a way to go stat-wise. He needs 5000 more yards to surpass TG, which means he'll need 4 more productive years (totally possible if he stays healthy) 

He'll also need 37 more TDs to catch Gates... he's averaging slightly over 10 per season last 3 years... which means he'd need at least 4 more seasons at current level of production. 

IMO yardage and TDs are the most important in determining GOAT status and I think he'll want that before retiring... at least I HOPE so.  MAN I HOPE SO.

Just my .03.

It's probably realistic to wager that TK wont beat Gonzo or Gates but he already has 2 things they dont have and he's already a 1rst ballot HOFr. I'm just amazed the Chiefs have hard 2 of the 3 best TE's in NFL History,

I wouldn't be mad if they drafted that behemoth TE Darnell Washington at 31 he is truly like an extra lineman..soo many things he can do

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It's probably realistic to wager that TK wont beat Gonzo or Gates but he already has 2 things they dont have and he's already a 1rst ballot HOFr. I'm just amazed the Chiefs have hard 2 of the 3 best TE's in NFL History,

I wouldn't be mad if they drafted that behemoth TE Darnell Washington at 31 he is truly like an extra lineman..soo many things he can do

If the Chiefs draft a TE in the first round, my head will explode.  (quoting a famous CC member)

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If the Chiefs draft a TE in the first round, my head will explode.  (quoting a famous CC member)

any TE other than Michael Meyers ..who wont be there  or Washington in my eyes he's a light OT that can catch the ball and run.

That being said my gut says the LT from Oklahoma or RT from Tenn

1 hour ago, mex said:

I don't get all the clamor for a TE this year. Grey and Bell are doing good work, and we have far more pressing needs. If one falls to us in the 6th or 7th then yeah. 

Gronk retired after his 11th season, TG after his 17th pretty much a month before his 38th birthday.  Kelce is 33 now and will be 34 come 2023 season. 

Just my .03.

I think you are right.  I was on the TE bandwagon for awhile, but I understand that Noah Gray is really learning to block well.  We already know he is a good receiver and finally got a lot of good reps last year.  Also likely right about Kelce. A few more seasons for him most likely, as long as he doesn't get a bigger contract from Saturday Night LIve.   Gray got a lot more reps last year and has a high ceiling I believe. Bell is a good blocker and will be a fullback substitute this coming season. We can do without a TE in the draft and be fine.  But it will be really tempting to Veach if one of those really good ones falls to our spot. If that happens, he will release Bell or Fortson.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

But man he takes a beating during the season, i want one or two of the WR's or TE's to step up, But Patrick being Patrick he is gonna keep looking for his guy in crucial situations

Yeah he does... but so did Gronk and TG. 

I'm just being selfish though. I want him to be undisputed GOAT... but he's not there yet.

Taller and good speed. I really hate Nebraska but will say this....if they have a receiver that is good on their team, he is worth a look at. Nebraska will do anything else first before they throw it seems. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2023/3/29/23660038/chiefs-draft-prospects-2023-nebraska-wr-trey-palmer-brings-speed

Kansas City offense.

As we often see with rookie receivers in head coach Andy Reid’s offense, Palmer’s snaps would probably be limited — but early on, he could play a role on third downs and in the red zone. His immediate role would be dictated by how well he develops as an underneath route-runner — but it’s likely Palmer would be able to expand his route tree (and his role) over the long term.

The bottom line

If the Chiefs are looking for a vertical threat in this draft, Palmer would be my first pick of the bunch. The circumstances of his college career are weird, but he was productive in a limited offensive infrastructure. In a better one — like Kansas City’s — Palmer could be an instant contributor as a vertical threat.

Frankly, Palmer looks like a better prospect than Hardman did in 2019. At the next level, he will need to get stronger and add to his underneath route tree — but if you’re looking for speed, Palmer is the guy. If that’s what the Chiefs are seeking, he would be a smart choice.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

It seemed that Kelce sat out more snaps last season than before.  The Chiefs are aware of keeping him healthy and extending his career.  

Did you see or hear the podcast yesterday?  Travis is all for the violence of the old school nfl.  He is a gamer!  Im glad the coaching is looking at his health and figuring out how to prolong his career.  We are so friggin lucky to watch him and Mahomes.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think it takes him a few years to develop as a receiver though.  He just hasn't had the reps.  

There are a few good blocking tight ends that have good hands but have to learn to be a receiver.  Here's one later in the draft that might interest you.

Screenshot_20230330_143023_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

If he is there in the 3rd or 4th

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=23248&pos=TE

And the fact we had one of the lowest rated passing offenses, quarterback etc. Everyone knew our only weapon was the tight end named laporta.

Wow!  You found someone from Iowa that you like?  🙂

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, the winner could get the privilege of losing in the first round of the playoffs.

Easy to talk smack when you're too afraid/embarrassed to admit who your team is.  😘

2 hours ago, mex said:

Easy to talk smack when you're too afraid/embarrassed to admit who your team is.  😘

I went to the school that didn't give athletic scholarships   Maybe they do now.  At least there are more players on the Chiefs roster from my alma mater than from OSU.  (the one in Ohio, not Okla.)