Free agents to sign, Rumors etc

On 4/10/2023 at 5:44 PM, kkuenn said:

The Chiefs offered what they wanted. He has been a FA all off season and other teams are not offering anything even more it seems. The disrespect is real might be at the whole process. Maybe the Chiefs did not offer at all and he is getting nothing for what he feels is a fair deal. Welcome to supply and demand.....economics 101.

We might not have even offered him anything.  Told him to test the market and then come back with what he had and they would either match it or decline.  He didn't resign with us until last last offseason.  His tweet seemed to be at the market as a whole was really down on the RB position.   This entire FA class has gotten significantly less than I think many expected.

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

This entire FA class has gotten significantly less than I think many expected.

I think last year's class, especially at WR, got vastly overpaid and the market is trying to correct itself due to the cap. To be honest I think such a down year in terms of non-QB money was already expected with quite a bit of players making around 10% of the whole cap which makes no sense.

25 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I think last year's class, especially at WR, got vastly overpaid and the market is trying to correct itself due to the cap. To be honest I think such a down year in terms of non-QB money was already expected with quite a bit of players making around 10% of the whole cap which makes no sense.

It's time.  Reality and common sense finally prevail. The market comes back to planet earth.

Which is interesting.  Would seem like a good offseason to get some solid vets in on relatively cheap deals.  Makes me think we were scared by Juju's medicals and we were just ready to move on from Hardman regardless, because both deals were very team friendly.

13 minutes ago, West said:

KC knows the truth-If Mahomes has time to throw-Wilkie could be a #3 receiver.

w

It's the NFL nobody gets that much time.

Pat is moving into a new phase in his career where he sees the field much better and understands quicker what the defense is trying to do.  Keep surrounding him with smart receiving talent who can separate from man and stretch the field and watch the fireworks.  It just opens up more options in the playbook.  The more versatile we are the more answers to the test Andy can come up with.

46 minutes ago, xen said:

It's the NFL nobody gets that much time.

Pat is moving into a new phase in his career where he sees the field much better and understands quicker what the defense is trying to do.  Keep surrounding him with smart receiving talent who can separate from man and stretch the field and watch the fireworks.  It just opens up more options in the playbook.  The more versatile we are the more answers to the test Andy can come up with.

And a combination of Tyreek and Travis might have been nearly unstoppable, but there was a solution to that.  Now there is less of a solution.  There is something Andy and Patrick can do to thwart almost any defensive strategy. One more guy who can stretch the field is all we need, a guy who does not demand 50%f of the throws and who is affordable.

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

A really tall guy who can win a contested catch.  Mahomes likes to overthrow guys who are pretty well covered to avoid interceptsions. A high contested catch guy could snag some of those anyway.

Tillman or Perry in the second.

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Tillman or Perry in the second.

I would not cry over that.  There's some big guys that can really move in this draft.  Tillman probably the best contested catch guy of the day 2 receivers but probably the worst movement skills.  Rice and Mingo also good of the day 2 big boys.

There's other guys I like as much that can be had later.  

download (2) (16).jpeg

download (2) (17).jpeg

3 hours ago, xen said:

I would not cry over that.  There's some big guys that can really move in this draft.  Tillman probably the best contested catch guy of the day 2 receivers but probably the worst movement skills.  Rice and Mingo also good of the day 2 big boys.

There's other guys I like as much that can be had later.  

download (2) (16).jpeg

download (2) (17).jpeg

Mingo seems to be a good fit for the Chiefs.  He played well with a poor QB and has good speed for a WR his size.  Gotta love that hand size.  Right up there with Moore.  

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Mingo seems to be a good fit for the Chiefs.  He played well with a poor QB and has good speed for a WR his size.  Gotta love that hand size.  Right up there with Moore.  

Just saying.  Iosivas is smooth.

download (2) (18).jpeg

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Never really thought about him.  Is he reliable catching the ball with those small hands?  Like his size and speed.  I'll try to get some history and film on him.  

Yes.  Good hands.  Tore it up at senior bowl practice.

20 hours ago, xen said:

Just saying.  Iosivas is smooth.

download (2) (18).jpeg

Iosivas is intriguing but he will be 24 in October and while that isn't ancient that is pretty old by rookie standards.  Mingo will just turn 22.   Not the end all be all but those 2 years matter down the road if you spend the time to develop a guy.   However, Iosivas will probably go a good bit after Mingo so there is that as well.   

Xen, do agree the real wr value in this draft is mid 2nd - 3 round?   I wouldn't even mind drafting a guy like Kayshon Boutte.  His is 20 and his testing stunk but he can absolutely play.  Might even be able to get him in the mid 3rd.  

15 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Iosivas is intriguing but he will be 24 in October and while that isn't ancient that is pretty old by rookie standards.  Mingo will just turn 22.   Not the end all be all but those 2 years matter down the road if you spend the time to develop a guy.   However, Iosivas will probably go a good bit after Mingo so there is that as well.   

Xen, do agree the real wr value in this draft is mid 2nd - 3 round?   I wouldn't even mind drafting a guy like Kayshon Boutte.  His is 20 and his testing stunk but he can absolutely play.  Might even be able to get him in the mid 3rd.  

I don't know why people worry about age so much.  Only a small percentage of draftees get a second contract from the team that drafted them.  And that is usually 1st or second rounders.  Teams have their core group of players they extend and they build around that.  A prospect that will be 24 during their rookie season will be 28 at the end of their rookie contract.  Not a big deal.  

Iosivas is an all american in heptathalon and the best ivy league player this year. Amazing athlete with size, speed, separation and explosion.  Attacks the ball and great hands.  Excellent rac as well.  I have no idea where he goes.  Profile suggests 2nd round but level of competition says day 3.  Smart player as well.

Kelce made his first nfl catch at age 25.  Not concerned about 23.